"Vultures" At MRT Station

countach

Pay $60k income tax? You sure not $6k? Even pay $6k also a lot lo, i never pay so much income tax in my entire work life cause earning too low. Lol.

6Ok per assessment year definitely more than myou big bosses personal income tax.

maybe see wrongly..chargeable income 60k..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

at the end of the day, i do understand its their job and they need to put food on the table too...

its just sometimes really gets on my nerves.. and i have encountered cases where they can actually 'tskkk' at me when i reject them nicely already... haii... 

Either they tsk at you or some might keeps pestering you and following you until you buay tahan and give in?! Lol.

6Ok per assessment year definitely more than myou big bosses personal income tax.

Maybe $6k la. Lol.

Either they tsk at you or some might keeps pestering you and following you until you buay tahan and give in?! Lol.

Maybe $6k la. Lol.

yeah they can try but i am very focus when i wanna go home LOL wont stop for chiobus too.. 

thats why sometimes i prefer to drive home.. 

4th Gear

Unknown to many including myself previously, a huge proportion of the so-called distribution (in the benefit illustration) goes to the agent's sale commission, which is huge.

Besides, just be very very cautious when signing up a policy - the benefit illustration for both good and not-so-good scenarios are not guaranteed.  Even worse are insurers which cut bonuses every year in the name of investment return not so good.

My colleague said she was shocked, as her son seldom talk to her much, and never told her about his work, except is in insurance line.

She said saw the income was $500+K, and the tax payable is $60+k... is this amount accurate?

Just finished studies a few years niah, and didn't even go univ. leh...

TMD... why life is so unfair??

• Praise 1

But my collegaue said clearly that income was $500+k hor, resulting in tax of $60+k.

These were told to me clearly. The only thing i can't be 100% sure is whether she lied to me - but i see no reason to...

We suspect that he made some special one-off corporate deal, but as he doesn't talk to her much, nothing can be confirmed...

Unknown to many including myself previously, a huge proportion of the so-called distribution (in the benefit illustration) goes to the agent's sale commission, which is huge.

Besides, just be very very cautious when signing up a policy - the benefit illustration for both good and not-so-good scenarios are not guaranteed.  Even worse are insurers which cut bonuses every year in the name of investment return not so good.

i'm one of those noobs when it comes to insurance...

still remember the AIA fiasco years ago, even though i didn't quite understand it in the first place at all...

Property agent also.

Blocking the common way.

Tiagong showroom flooded with buyers, what 5000 what 7000 during preview. How come still got agent at MRT station?

• Praise 2

Supersonic

yeah they can try but i am very focus when i wanna go home LOL wont stop for chiobus too.. 

thats why sometimes i prefer to drive home.. 

If you drive you would not able to see all these things de, so take public transport quite interesting. Lol.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

But my collegaue said clearly that income was $500+k hor, resulting in tax of $60+k.

These were told to me clearly. The only thing i can't be 100% sure is whether she lied to me - but i see no reason to...

We suspect that he made some special one-off corporate deal, but as he doesn't talk to her much, nothing can be confirmed...

i'm one of those noobs when it comes to insurance...

still remember the AIA fiasco years ago, even though i didn't quite understand it in the first place at all...

60k sounds much lesser than usual actually.

If u have chargeable income at 500k, u should be paying 6 digits or close. Even if u have a lot of deductions, how much can u discount off that quantum of 400-500k?

• Praise 2

If you drive you would not able to see all these things de, so take public transport quite interesting. Lol.

Yah lah. Take the train and u will be amazed at what u can encounter.... maybe luck has it, u can see eye candy...  :inlove:

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Yah lah. Take the train and u will be amazed at what u can encounter.... maybe luck has it, u can see eye candy...  :inlove:

Agreed, indeed very amazing on what you can encounter and see when taking public transport.

60k sounds much lesser than usual actually.

If u have chargeable income at 500k, u should be paying 6 digits or close. Even if u have a lot of deductions, how much can u discount off that quantum of 400-500k?

wah... elite from the same $500k bracket spotted... [laugh]

i got no answer liao.

First i've never had to - and can confirm never will need to - worry about the actual payable for that bracket.

Then, also dunno got what deduction... i know he's not married, so maybe only NSMen relief...

:XD:

• Praise 1

Although I find their presence sort of Pesky, wouldn't go as far to call them 'Vultures'.

It's just another way of making a living.

How many of us would like to to be in their shoes?

On their feet all day, constant vigilance on lookout for potential clients, gotta be thick skinned, smiled & thanking us even when rejected? Made even tougher in this warm humid weather?

• Praise 8

Hypersonic

Although I find their presence sort of Pesky, wouldn't go as far to call them 'Vultures'.

It's just another way of making a living.

How many of us would like to to be in their shoes?

On their feet all day, constant vigilance on lookout for potential clients, gotta be thick skinned, smiled & thanking us even when rejected? Made even tougher in this warm humid weather?

i don't envy them. usually i just say one word "no" and hold my hand palm facing out.

But usually it's the charity professional askers.

Supercharged

quite sad for your colleague, having a son earning so much and still having to worry about him not having enough to pay taxes.. seems he likely not giving much to his mother monthly.. with such high earning, a good son would have taken over to support the family and let the parents retire

• Praise 3

Tiagong showroom flooded with buyers, what 5000 what 7000 during preview. How come still got agent at MRT station?

Maybe these are the ones just starting out in their career.

ok la, anyway the intend of this is just to rant and vent.. by no means am I looking down on their career or choice of work.. kudos to them for braving the crowd, outdoor conditions etc etc.... just gets on my nerves sometimes cause of some bad apples..  

• Praise 1

Twincharged

i got no answer liao.

First i've never had to - and can confirm never will need to - worry about the actual payable for that bracket.

Then, also dunno got what deduction... i know he's not married, so maybe only NSMen relief...

No need elite la. See iras tax brackets. 1st $320k is 44k tax. If 500k taxable the next $180k is taxed at 22% which is 40k so 84k.

https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Quick-Links/Tax-Rates/Individual-Income-Tax-Rates/

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

i got no answer liao.

no need wah...if doc is not in the elite bracket, then i worry

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1