"Vultures" At MRT Station

countach

Supersonic

ok la, anyway the intend of this is just to rant and vent.. by no means am I looking down on their career or choice of work.. kudos to them for braving the crowd, outdoor conditions etc etc.... just gets on my nerves sometimes cause of some bad apples..  

Ya, people also making a living.

Those giving out leaflets too.

These, I mostly will take one piece from them, even I don't need it.

Not easy to stand for the whole day holding a stack of papers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Although I find their presence sort of Pesky, wouldn't go as far to call them 'Vultures'.

It's just another way of making a living.

How many of us would like to to be in their shoes?

On their feet all day, constant vigilance on lookout for potential clients, gotta be thick skinned, smiled & thanking us even when rejected? Made even tougher in this warm humid weather?

I just tell them straight off...thanks don't need to waste your time on me..I am declared bankruptcy.

Twincharged

same here...but with my face, none of the insurance agents approach me...so i'm safe...hahahah

But of cause. They see u they run far far.......

• Praise 2

after work just wanna go home and kun.... alight at mrt...kena swarmed by insurance agents, salesman outside mrt stations and the new 'recruits" aka charity agents....

please lah.. i know you got job la but i srsly wanna get the fkkkkk home la bro.... get the fkkk outta da weyyyy man.. sigh...

anyone here also feel the same way???? 

for me, i just tell them i am undischarged bankruptee.....still can anot?

they run away faster than me.....

Twincharged

for me, i just tell them i am undischarged bankruptee.....still can anot?

they run away faster than me.....

Maybe used too much these days. But it’s a sure way of stopping them from hounding you like the snapping of your fingers.

Supersonic

Agreed, those poor chap giving out leaflets stand there whole day and yet people avoid them like plague. Even dont need them, maybe can at least take one from them and throw it at the next bin.  :D

Agreed, those poor chap giving out leaflets stand there whole day and yet people avoid them like plague. Even dont need them, maybe can at least take one from them and throw it at the next bin.  :D

ya i do that too.  Poor fellas

quite sad for your colleague, having a son earning so much and still having to worry about him not having enough to pay taxes.. seems he likely not giving much to his mother monthly.. with such high earning, a good son would have taken over to support the family and let the parents retire

Only ever heard my colleague said this CNY got gave her a cheque for if i'm not wrong, $2k. First time ever.

My colleague said she's not expecting much (or anything) from the kids... but she didn't blame them much, just lamented about their growing-up phase. She was a workaholic and by her own admission, not v close to the children, whom she said are closer to her brother instead... She's also divorced.

and I'm sad for her too. She was saying that when she went for a scope of the stomach recently, neither of her sons offered to go and pick her up after the procedure, and she had to ask a friend to help do so... Hear already i also shake head...

ok, solly... better not OT on this thread liao [sweatdrop]

(edited)

Only ever heard my colleague said this CNY got gave her a cheque for if i'm not wrong, $2k. First time ever.

My colleague said she's not expecting much (or anything) from the kids... but she didn't blame them much, just lamented about their growing-up phase. She was a workaholic and by her own admission, not v close to the children, whom she said are closer to her brother instead... She's also divorced.

and I'm sad for her too. She was saying that when she went for a scope of the stomach recently, neither of her sons offered to go and pick her up after the procedure, and she had to ask a friend to help do so... Hear already i also shake head...

ok, solly... better not OT on this thread liao [sweatdrop]

500k pa and gave 2k ang pao? hmmm Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

My colleague said she was shocked, as her son seldom talk to her much, and never told her about his work, except is in insurance line.

She said saw the income was $500+K, and the tax payable is $60+k... is this amount accurate?

Just finished studies a few years niah, and didn't even go univ. leh...

TMD... why life is so unfair??

Yes, the tax amount is accurate. Not me Hor.... someone I know pays $60+k tax each year.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Hard to judge ppl family issues, but parents should try let go when children oredi earning their keep.

Back to topic, I'll usually smile n show hand gesture that I don't need n move on. If seen them earlier will try find alternative route if avail

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

60k sounds much lesser than usual actually.

If u have chargeable income at 500k, u should be paying 6 digits or close. Even if u have a lot of deductions, how much can u discount off that quantum of 400-500k?

Wah !! You really hands on , high SES taxperience spotted Edited by BanCoe

Hypersonic

middle class SES lah. All this info can easily find on IRAS website.

But you do it with finger tip accuracy n like tax planner , me just Preambree skool table wiper unlike @angcheek high end erotic car valet

Hypersonic

But you do it with finger tip accuracy n like tax planner , me just Preambree skool table wiper unlike @angcheek high end erotic car valet

err simple maths right.

for >320k and above is max tax bracket. then 22% lor.

even if u deduct down to 400k, its still 80+k

yup me also take the leaflets to help them clear...  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

20 years ago when I was at CCK MRT, there were many passerby and I was the only one approached.

I felt so special and privileged.

When I took over the leaflet and read, it said "Yunan Hair Care promotion".

• Praise 10

20 years ago when I was at CCK MRT, there were many passerby and I was the only one approached.

I felt so special and privileged.

When I took over the leaflet and read, it said "Yunan Hair Care promotion".

Obviously you not bald ....
↡ Advertisement