2013 Manual Honda Accord with clutch issues

wilkencd

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hopefully you guys can post this in the maintenance and repair section

I have a 2013 manual Honda Accord. Yesterday I was driving it and all of a sudden the clutch went soft and now the pedal is stuck to the floor. The clutch fluid reservoir is still full. My mechanic told me it is probably the clutch master cylinder. My problem is that right now I don't have enough money to pay my mechanic to fix it. I drive for UBER for a living so I need my car working in order to make money. So I have a couple questions. First, do you agree with my mechanic that the problem is most likely the master cylinder? Secondly, I have not worked on cars much and have only done simple things myself. So I was wondering if replacing the master cylinder is a task that I should attempt to take on myself?

Edited by Lightsabre
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Hopefully you guys can post this in the maintenance and repair section

I have a 2013 manual Honda Accord. Yesterday I was driving it and all of a sudden the clutch went soft and now the pedal is stuck to the floor. The clutch fluid reservoir is still full. My mechanic told me it is probably the clutch master cylinder. My problem is that right now I don't have enough money to pay my mechanic to fix it. I drive for UBER for a living so I need my car working in order to make money. So I have a couple questions. First, do you agree with my mechanic that the problem is most likely the master cylinder? Secondly, I have not worked on cars much and have only done simple things myself. So I was wondering if replacing the master cylinder is a task that I should attempt to take on myself?

Bro, I understand your predicament but seriously you are better off getting the opinion of a 2nd mechanic.

Any opinion here is based on your written description of the problem so I doubt if it would be helpful at all.

I am not sure even if you are for real, as I understand UBER does not exist anymore.

If you are here looking for someone to be your sugar daddy, then just may be you are in the right place, look for T2, Radx, Ender and a few others here, plenty of money to throw around.

In addition, I am suspicious of your posting, first you claim you do not know much how a car work and then you have done simple things only and ask if you can attempt to replace the master cylinder.

Frankly if I were you, sell the car and rent $1600 per month

Good luck.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Since he's driving a 2013 manual Honda Accord, he might not even be in Singapore.

Bro, I understand your predicament but seriously you are better off getting the opinion of a 2nd mechanic.

Any opinion here is based on your written description of the problem so I doubt if it would be helpful at all.

I am not sure even if you are for real, as I understand UBER does not exist anymore.

Edited by Bicolor

Turbocharged

TS most likely from the US. The new Honda Accord is still available in manual transmission over there. Made in USA/Canada. Japan Honda already stopped producing manual Accords after the Euro R many years ago.

yes the mechanic is right. it is the brake master pump cylinder that gives way. all you have to do is to replace both master and slave clutch pump and that will solve your problem.

↡ Advertisement