Planning to import rim myself.. but still buying tyres

Defcon

(edited)

will the tyre shop take in my existing rim+tyres? i understand usually if want trade in need buy rims frm them, if i buy tyres from them will take take in?

Edited by BabyBlade
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

will the tyre shop take in my existing rim+tyres? i understand usually if want trade in need buy rims frm them, if i buy tyres from them will take take in?

Shouldn’t you ask the shop? Why ask here? Even if someone says yes. The shop can always say no now.
  • Praise 5

A Deal is between buyer and Seller  not 3rd party.

can share why do you need to import your rim yourself ?

• Praise 1

(edited)

A Deal is between buyer and Seller  not 3rd party.

can share why do you need to import your rim yourself ?

just want to see anyone did the same thing or nt ma can share experience. reason is being if the dealer gets it thru official distro the shipment will take 2-3mths. i import myself the shipment can come within 2-3weeks maybe cost 5-10% more or maybe same/slightly cheaper. not trying to save money, but to save time.

Edited by Defcon

just want to see anyone did the same thing or nt ma can share experience. reason is being if the dealer gets it thru official distro the shipment will take 2-3mths. i import myself the shipment can come within 2-3weeks maybe cost 5-10% more or maybe same/slightly cheaper. not trying to save money, but to save time.

ok , understand your where you coming from

and can share what the rim needs you to wait so long ? for What car ?

if you can share more info , never know some one can guide you to another option ?

as for Trade in your old set of wheels and tires , if your concerned is not the trade in price , you can simply go ask around you will know the answer (but do remember to tell them exactly what is your intension and expectations.

otherwise you may end up some problem. 

I can always share idea but not Prices which is better leave it to the Shop (seller) because they are the Party that handle every thing (installation / correct fitment like size ,off set , correct mounting nut or bolts , wheel center hub ring which all this I believe is essential ) 

local B2C or C2C or oversea B2C are not same/ Equal

they might take it.

but maybe u hear the price liao u vomit.

if say they take in for the price of scrape metal, u wanna let go?? lol

• Praise 1

they might take it.

but maybe u hear the price liao u vomit.

if say they take in for the price of scrape metal, u wanna let go?? lol

No offence [blush] Sorry

why vomit ? Price has to be agreed by both Party in order to close the Deal.

the value of your old tire and wheels depend on the demand and supply.

A higher demand 18inch rim and tire can trade in higher than lower demand  20inch set.

If you expect higher price of your old set can always try to sell and post in the Forum as C2C model

just MHO

Yes. My friend did it with Hurry Tyres at Mackenzie. I don't know what's the price he got, but he traded in his stock 17" wheels and Tyres and bought 19" staggered PS4S from them, while using the rims he imported himself.

Yes. My friend did it with Hurry Tyres at Mackenzie. I don't know what's the price he got, but he traded in his stock 17" wheels and Tyres and bought 19" staggered PS4S from them, while using the rims he imported himself.

thanks I'll check with them!

I'm like thinking what are ppl expecting. You are trying to sell a set of rims from a mass market car...meaning a lot of ppl have them and no demand. You try selling them yourself online see who's interested. It's a lot of trouble needless to say.

Seriously, if some tire dealer is willing to take and give you some money just give to the fellow.

Turbocharged

It varies shop to shop, I also self imported the rim (please factor gst to the price). The tyre shops I shipped it too and bought the tyres from would not buy my old rims but they offered to sell for me. Took about 7 months

thanks for every one effort for sharing how to clear away their old rim and tires.

some just wanted to settle on the spot with installation at any price

some want better price can sell direct buy over the social medium but you have to prepare to all enquiries and arrangement

some leave before the Shop for them to re-sell which can take up to months and storing there is a risk of damaged and corrosion and forget about it after months.

Do factor in the cost OF GST and some additional installation charges like transferring your Original TPMS and risk of TPMS damaged. and Re setting / Storing / re initialize the system 

DO remember to make sure the Rim can fit your car and accept the New tire you plan to Buy . 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Also add nagging from wife, parents etc from having a bunch of rims sitting around at home

thanks for every one effort for sharing how to clear away their old rim and tires.

some just wanted to settle on the spot with installation at any price

some want better price can sell direct buy over the social medium but you have to prepare to all enquiries and arrangement

some leave before the Shop for them to re-sell which can take up to months and storing there is a risk of damaged and corrosion and forget about it after months.

Do factor in the cost OF GST and some additional installation charges like transferring your Original TPMS and risk of TPMS damaged. and Re setting / Storing / re initialize the system 

DO remember to make sure the Rim can fit your car and accept the New tire you plan to Buy . 

• Praise 1

Shop took in my used tires and ask me take back old rims.

Keep them in Store room ba, next time de-kit can use.

• Praise 1

Shop took in my used tires and ask me take back old rims.

Keep them in Store room ba, next time de-kit can use.

YOU ARE LUCKY MAN TO ME, 

cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1