GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Twincharged

i wondered why authorities need 30,000 able bodies to assist in the general election?

just how many voting public are there

a million or so at most (children, foreigners, PR, elderly (not mobile), overseas excluded) voting

therefore there are 33 voting individuals to 1 official

school in a confined classroom can have as many as 30 to 40 per teacher

the ratio is astounding

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

i wondered why authorities need 30,000 able bodies to assist in the general election?

a million or so at most (children, foreigners, PR, elderly (not mobile), overseas excluded) voting

the ratio is astounding

Maybe they expected no walkover this time round..... :we-all-gonna-die:

Every seats contested . :omg:

Turbocharged

Aljunied .... [sly]

Ah yes...the last bastion of defence against tyranny and probably the last freedom frontier...

haiz..wonder whats the outcome if it falls.... [:(]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Lky died at the right time for them to utilize the spill over.. to remind everyone how good pap was.. so vote pap.. dont question.

Now mahatir return at the right time .. to remind how dangerous the world is.. so vote pap .. again.. don't question.

Perfect

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Or re-draw the GRC boundaries to make sure new citizens are thrown in to dilute the hardliners [laugh]

Already start giving GST vouchers.

What do you think?

GE in 2019? [rolleyes]

Looks like it and this explains the premature and draconian property cooling measures announced yesterday.

• Dislike 1

(edited)

election probably in mid 2020 ...

2 years more to go ... so must plant the seed now .. lol

Edited by Wt_know

So many things got price hike, I think they need the training as in NOT to say the wrong things that will become comical memes for us to post online. Anyway they are good at planting seeds that will suck us dry.

• Praise 1

the ratio is astounding

When quote publicly available number, better use my good fren.

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/ge2015-voter-turnout-at-9356-per-cent-improves-slightly-from-2011-record-low

There are close to 2.5m eligible voter for GE15

Supersonic

Looks like it and this explains the premature and draconian property cooling measures announced yesterday.

And the low coe? Usually when they start to give many carrots, means GE is coming?! Lol.
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

They don't need to go to such lengths.

Just offer free chicken rice and free chartered buses will do.

And abalone porridge.

Or re-draw the GRC boundaries to make sure new citizens are thrown in to dilute the hardliners [laugh]

Even without redraw Hougang will be tough to hold by wp.

So many old flat disappeared, build so many new flat along upper serangoon road near SK. This are all new voter for HG.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Reported in today ST

About 30,000 public servants appointed as election officials, to undergo training

SINGAPORE - The Elections Department (ELD) has appointed about 30,000 public officers as election officials and has called them up for training.

For the 2015 General Election, public servants were called up for training about 11 months before the polls were held.

Link : https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/about-30000-public-servants-appointed-as-election-officials-to-undergo-training

:we-all-gonna-die:

Now is good time meh? It’s suicidal as Ah Loong may kena like Najib. Plus just raised ABSD

someone is watching you.  [laugh]

something wrong with my desk-top.... :a-SOS:

keep posting double . [mad]

Recently, my neigbourhood got harmony porridge... Hmmmmm.... [grin]

• Praise 2

Raised Absd is actually good for the incumbent.

Absd is seen by the majority non-elite with which a 2nd property is not even in their dreamn. I dare give you an estimate..this should be about 70% of the population?  :D

To them, raising ABSD is equivalent to getting the rich to pay more tax which will eventually be redistributed to them unequally based on their residential address eg. Gst vouchers, medisave top ups, utility rebates. 

Now is good time meh? It’s suicidal as Ah Loong may kena like Najib. Plus just raised ABSD

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1