Strange neighbour dispute

Jman888

got free aircon still complaint   [laugh]  [laugh]  this one from chinese paper, duno if there was in any english paper. 

Aunty and her mum staying in the flat unit for more than 30 yrs, new neighbour moved in 2 yrs ago and they turn on aircon to the coolest temp 24/7 and blow toward the ceiling.

Aunty staying above them claim their floor is getting condensation that damage their furniture and fixture.  it also cause health problem as the 湿气 is not good for old people. They have to wear few layers of clothing and sock at home. She also worried the mum might fall due to the constant wet flooring  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

楼下冷气全日开 阿嫂家变冰窖
发布/2018年7月5日 3:14 PM
文/郑若鑫摄影/梁伟康
来自/联合晚报

002.jpg?itok=GHkThosT&timestamp=15307748
地板因为冷凝现象成天湿漉漉,杨庆秀一天得擦好几次地板。长期下来,用了30多年的衣橱(小图)最近开始发霉。

楼下单位冷气全开,“寒气”直逼楼上人家!妇女申诉住家如“冰窖”,地板常年冷冰冰、湿漉漉,每天抹地好几次也无济于事,家具也因长期受潮而发霉生锈。

53岁的杨庆秀(无业人士)和92岁的妈妈,住在菜市路第19座组屋的一个单位,母女俩原本住得好好的,直到两年多前,留下搬来新邻居之后,家里的环境出现重大改变。

杨庆秀说,楼下单位住了一家五口和女佣,他们住进来之后,感觉家里的冷气机是无时无刻都在操作,而且温度调到最低点。

“他们应该是把冷气机调到最冷,而且把冷气打上天花板。我住楼上单位,地板直接受影响。”

她说,过去两年,家里犹如冰窖,地板更是冷到出现冷凝现象(condensation),长时间覆盖着薄薄一层冷水,异常潮湿。

30年家具陆续变坏

由于屋内过于潮湿,家中有好几件家具也陆续坏掉,其中包括衣柜和饭桌。

为了证明所言不假,杨庆秀带记者“检查”家具,其中,木衣柜旁边有一块发霉的绿色印记,餐桌铁质桌脚和健身器材也都生锈。

她说:“这些家具用了三四十年,一直都好好的,但自从他们搬进来后,就一件一件坏掉。”

杨庆秀还说,她有在地上铺床垫睡觉的习惯,如今床垫也因吸收了大量水气而潮湿发霉,我只好把它扔了。”

地板冰须穿鞋   睡觉加三件衣

除了家中物品受损,杨庆秀本人的身体健康也受到影响。在家从来不穿拖鞋的她现在频频感到骨头酸痛,而且还抽筋,现在只要人在屋里,她都必须穿拖鞋,避免脚板直接接触冰冷的地板。

“我有时甚至还要穿袜子,外加三件衣服睡觉才不会冷,真的受不了!”

自来水变冷水

她把记者带到洗碗盆,扭开自来水。记者触碰流出来的自来水,果真发现水温相当低,甚至有点冰冷。

“我在这里住了30多年,没想到现在变成这样!地板成天湿漉漉,老母亲滑到谁负责?我没收入,家具坏了怎么办?”

完整报道,请翻阅2018年7月5日的《联合晚报》

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

So rich to turn on aircon 24/7 just to blow at the ceiling [laugh]

they also know blowing directly is not good so blow at ceiling   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

This is a legit complain. The constant air-conditioning will cause condensation to the ceiling and will cause a lot of issues with regards to waterproofing and as the article mentioned, the constant "sweating" on the floor causing slippery surface for the elderly. They can take this up with HDB or direct with MP also ok.

So rich to turn on aircon 24/7 just to blow at the ceiling [laugh]

Could be a rented place whereby the landlord already costed in the electrical bills in the tenant's rental fees. so the tenant just whack the aircon since already paid for.. 

• Praise 5

Supersonic

Such neighbour dispute dont know can complaint to who? And guess not easy to settle also. Such thing same like upstairs neighbour drag furniture, throw things on floor etc. Difficult to settle.

This is a legit complain. The constant air-conditioning will cause condensation to the ceiling and will cause a lot of issues with regards to waterproofing and as the article mentioned, the constant "sweating" on the floor causing slippery surface for the elderly. They can take this up with HDB or direct with MP also ok.

Could be a rented place whereby the landlord already costed in the electrical bills in the tenant's rental fees. so the tenant just whack the aircon since already paid for.. 

true quite risky for elderly not to mention the cold 寒气. 

Supersonic

i wish i had neighbour like this  

I guess you and DACH wish to have neighbour like this.  [laugh]

I guess you and DACH wish to have neighbour like this. [laugh]

Ya man

@dach will sleep on floor nekkid.....

Can piak piak on the cold hard floor... [sly]

Gotta ask @dach

To cause condensation, the aircon must be nuclear power one...

else, i think sooner or later, sure will be left with hot air. Don't think the normal household aircons can tahan 24/7 for too long a time. And HDB i doubt can allow 2 compressors to rotate and take turns to 'rest'?

Unless the downstairs unit is running a server room, else quite strange to need to be so cold the whole day leh...

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

else, i think sooner or later, sure will be left with hot air. Don't think the normal household aircons can tahan 24/7 for too long a time. And HDB i doubt can allow 2 compressors to rotate and take turns to 'rest'?

Unless the downstairs unit is running a server room, else quite strange to need to be so cold the whole day leh...

And I thought it is hot air that rises.

lol really all kinds of people in this world. Quite weird

yup and there is @dach

:XD:  :XD:

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Yes its a genuine problem and complaint but  unit below is not breaking any laws .

Problem can be mitigated by unit below adding a layer of false ceiling to create an air pocket of one or two inches but then again who should bear the cost .

The opposite of this issue is the warm concrete flooring due to the light fitting of unit below , but it is usually tolerable and happens only at night. 

Hypersonic

@Radx mining some kind of cryptocoins 

• Praise 2

@Radx mining some kind of cryptocoins 

sometimes blk 9 full so I have to bring them home...

the corpses told me they like cooler temperature :a-rip:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1