Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT

Reo

4th Gear

About Android Auto Mirroring,  CarPlay has been working fine but until Apple finally is happy to include other third-party navigation (rumoured end 2018), Apple map is crap - it's bringing me to timbuktu most of the time..  Recently trying to connect the HU with Mi5 but have not been successful.

For those successfully using the mirroring,

1.  What's the phone model please ?

2.  To establish the connection the first time, do you need a USB cable to port 2  ?  The manual doesn't say there's a need for a cable - just need to establish BT connection first.

3.  Was a second USB cable included in the original package ?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

(edited)

Hi, I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I just install AVH-Z9150BT and I would say it resolve many of my long issue. Just to let those using older HU model that has car front and rear camera and is controlled by a video switcher when gear shifted, the rolling screen issue is gone!

Best HU so far. Sound also improve tremendously.

I am using Mirroring and I can even play Pokemon on my HU except that it is in portrait mode and rather small screen size.

The menu is not that accurate, especially on the rear connection part as they start to use a interface to replace the AV and other stuff.

To use wireless Mirroring, your phone need to have Share View (as what my Note 8 has by the top pull down menu.

1. Establish a wifi connection to your phone.

2. Active the Source in the HU to Mirroring (left pull down menu).

3. Start your phone Share View and wait for both device to communicate.

4. Rotate your screen to landscape.

PS: The screen on the HU can be touch to run stuff. Some say no but mine and Pioneer technician had confirm there is touch screen function on Mirroring. Another thing to take note is when the screen is lock or standby, the Mirroring to HU will be cut off. I am using Samsung original Note 8 LED casing and when I close the casing cover, the screen actually will be off, however, my mirroring connection is still there in my HU. Not affected by the screen lock. Weird.

Edited by Gdspd08
  • Praise 3

Hi, I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I just install AVH-Z9150BT and I would say it resolve many of my long issue. Just to let those using older HU model that has car front and rear camera and is controlled by a video switcher when gear shifted, the rolling screen issue is gone!

I am using Mirroring and I can even play Pokemon on my HU except that it is in portrait mode and rather small screen size.

The menu is not that accurate, especially on the rear connection part as they start to use a interface to replace the AV and other stuff.

To use wireless Mirroring, your phone need to have Share View (as what my Note 8 has by the top pull down menu.

PS: The screen on the HU can be touch to run stuff. Some say no but mine and Pioneer technician had confirm there is touch screen function on Mirroring. Another thing to take note is when the screen is lock or standby, the Mirroring to HU will be cut off. I am using Samsung original Note 8 LED casing and when I close the casing cover, the screen actually will be off, however, my mirroring connection is still there in my HU. Not affected by the screen lock. Weird.

cost of such unit?
  • Praise 1

Hi, congratulations to your purchase. 

Did you mirror with Note8 wirelessly or wired ?

When it was first installed, the tech had to first wire iPhone first before subsequent wireless connections can be established.  I wonder does the same steps apply to Android.

Is there a second USB cable that came with the HU ?

Thanks.

Hi, congratulations to your purchase. 

Did you mirror with Note8 wirelessly or wired ?

When it was first installed, the tech had to first wire iPhone first before subsequent wireless connections can be established.  I wonder does the same steps apply to Android.

Is there a second USB cable that came with the HU ?

Thanks.

Hi, I mirror wireless with Note 8. No need to connect USB wire for setup for Android. Just plain wifi.

Yes, there are 2 USB. I think same as my old 8750. One should be for wired Android Auto and the other one is for Car Play.

Take note for wired Android Auto, please use original cable.

Wireless mirroring is working with my S7 Edge too..

but having problem getting Android Auto to work.

also, for the Dual bluetooth, anyone managed to get 2 phones to pair and have the BT call profile connected at the same time?

• Praise 2

I thought Wireless Mirroring is using AA, no ?

For your S7 wireless mirroring, did you use a cable for the first setup ?

Not quite sure I understood your question on BT...  I have both iphone and Android paired up on BT but iirc only 1 connection each time.  I can choose from the paired list but as soon as I choose one of them, it'll drop the present one.  

Wireless mirroring is working with my S7 Edge too..

but having problem getting Android Auto to work.

also, for the Dual bluetooth, anyone managed to get 2 phones to pair and have the BT call profile connected at the same time?

Wireless Mirrorring is not AA, its just like Miracast..

I didnt use cable for setup, in fact, there is not much to setup, just select to "smartview" from my S7, and it'll scan for available display, in this case, AVH-Z9150BT is the display.

regarding the BT,

if you see Pioneer site, they advertise the unit as capable to handle 2 different BT phone at the same time.

https://www.pioneer.com.au/shop/car/multimedia-av/avh-z9150bt/

DUAL BLUETOOTH
Simultaneously connect and control 2 x smartphones via Bluetooth. The auto connection function automatically pairs the two phone so incoming calls can be picked up by either of the paired phones.

but based on what i tried, and also what you described, seems like it can only connect to one phone at a time.

I thought Wireless Mirroring is using AA, no ?

For your S7 wireless mirroring, did you use a cable for the first setup ?

Not quite sure I understood your question on BT...  I have both iphone and Android paired up on BT but iirc only 1 connection each time.  I can choose from the paired list but as soon as I choose one of them, it'll drop the present one.  

DUAL BLUETOOTH

Simultaneously connect and control 2 x smartphones via Bluetooth. The auto connection function automatically pairs the two phone so incoming calls can be picked up by either of the paired phones.

Argh, it's about BT for phone... If I didn't remember wrongly, it seems yes, it supports both phones at the same time on separate BT connections.  I remember once iPhone was the connected BT device but a call came through from the other "non-connected" phone.

But other than phone functions, like streaming, etc...  I think only one at a time.

regarding the BT,

if you see Pioneer site, they advertise the unit as capable to handle 2 different BT phone at the same time.

https://www.pioneer.com.au/shop/car/multimedia-av/avh-z9150bt/

DUAL BLUETOOTH

but based on what i tried, and also what you described, seems like it can only connect to one phone at a time.

DUAL BLUETOOTH

I've used the terms pretty loosely.  I meant wireless Android Auto (minus mirroring), which was my original question.  Did you get it set up ?

Here is very good video explaining the features on an equivalent HU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2AmNxnt8wM

Yes indeed mirroring is easy to setup: I got Mirroring to work wireless on Android but to me it's a rather useless function.  I'd rather use the phone instead in this case.

Wireless Mirrorring is not AA, its just like Miracast..

I didnt use cable for setup, in fact, there is not much to setup, just select to "smartview" from my S7, and it'll scan for available display, in this case, AVH-Z9150BT is the display.

Hi, you should be able to find your answer reading this short thread from the top.

Ask specific question after if still need help.

I have this unit, using it with my iphone,  I wanted google maps on the unit.  an possibility?

just gotten myself the CD-MC20 Auto-EQ Mic, makes a lot of difference and sounded a lot more natural after the AutoEQ and time alignment calibration..

It's a feature of the HU which should be made use of - congratulations for taking the plunge.

For my case, the mid and high are too strong and after calibration, they were toned down quite a bit that I feel is too flat.  Anyways, leaving the calibration on and using the eq to raise the mid and high up to my liking.

For others...  it takes 5 minutes for the measurement and calibration to complete.  In addition to tonal adjustment, it also measure the distance of the speakers and adjust accordingly.  During the calibration, it's an absolute must to park at a very very quiet place - perhaps in the midst of night.

just gotten myself the CD-MC20 Auto-EQ Mic, makes a lot of difference and sounded a lot more natural after the AutoEQ and time alignment calibration..

Hi guys, can I check for Apple car play wireless.

If u connect to the HU via wifi, then your phone won’t be able to use internet data?

• Praise 2

Hi guys, can I check for Apple car play wireless.

If u connect to the HU via wifi, then your phone won’t be able to use internet data?

it is using data from your phone.  think of it as an extension of your phone

↡ Advertisement