Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT

Reo

AA Wireless, 9150 supports but was told (by Pioneer) during connection, Google detected in SG and refused to connect.   If this is true,  I'm rather surprised Google not displaying a message saying country not available.

Hmm.  Did Pioneer tell you that through a message on the 9150?  Or was it a Pioneer sales/installation/support guy who told you that? If the latter, I have suspicions that they are trying to fob you off.

If you still wanna try AA wireless, I have a few ideas you might wanna try:

- disable location on the phone.  So that even though the app has location permission, it doesn't know which country it is.

- use fake gps app (e.g. those for pokemo go) to make it look like you are in USA

Lastly, android auto wireless was only supposed to be availble on Google devices at launch. You might need to wait for official Android P on your phone to try it again, or borrow a Pixel to test...

Any reason why AA wireless is so important to you?  I felt AA wired would be fine, since I'd want to charge while on longer commutes anyway.

Edited by Browser
↡ Advertisement

I carry 2 phones, CarPlay Wireless has been working flawlessly.  Only problem is Apple Map is crappy (an understatement).

Before I got another USB for the Android, I've been trying for the longest time to get AA to work wirelessly like CarPlay does, given 9150 supports both CP & AA wirelessly.

Thanks for your tips.  I'll just wait till CarPlay allows GMap or Google release AA Wireless in SG, since now when I need GMap, I'll connect AA by wire.

Unless some one tells me he/she has got AA to work wirelessly in SG and these are the exact steps to get there.

I'm already using Android P and I don't think a stable release will solve, but no harm to try again later.

Hmm.  Did Pioneer tell you that through a message on the 9150?  Or was it a Pioneer sales/installation/support guy who told you that? If the latter, I have suspicions that they are trying to fob you off.

If you still wanna try AA wireless, I have a few ideas you might wanna try:

- disable location on the phone.  So that even though the app has location permission, it doesn't know which country it is.

- use fake gps app (e.g. those for pokemo go) to make it look like you are in USA

Lastly, android auto wireless was only supposed to be availble on Google devices at launch. You might need to wait for official Android P on your phone to try it again, or borrow a Pixel to test...

Any reason why AA wireless is so important to you?  I felt AA wired would be fine, since I'd want to charge while on longer commutes anyway.

Hi anyone have simllar problems as follows? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8275266?answerId=33007742022#33007742022

I have the same problem but dun know if it is the IOS 11.4.1 or pioneer z9150bt problem.

The map for both google map on iPhone and Apple maps on pioneer give wrong gps information or stuck to one position. When I switch off the HUor disconnect the CarPlay my iPhone maps return to work properly.

Anyone can share?

Edited by Fumio74

The problem is with Apple Map (it's written all over this small thread and everywhere else), Apple knew that and will fix by allowing other 3rd-party navigation app to work on CarPlay.

How do you get "Google Map to work on Pioneer" ?

The GPS antenna on 9150 is for a "built-in" navigation app on the Pioneer HU but apparently in Singapore, the built-in navigation app in the HU is disabled or missing.  All navigation and GPS (antenna) comes from your phone.  The HU is just acting as a "relay" and it's rather strange you're facing the problem you described, regardless wired or wireless.

Hi anyone have simllar problems as follows? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8275266?answerId=33007742022#33007742022

I have the same problem but dun know if it is the IOS 11.4.1 or pioneer z9150bt problem.

The map for both google map on iPhone and Apple maps on pioneer give wrong gps information or stuck to one position. When I switch off the HUor disconnect the CarPlay my iPhone maps return to work properly.
Anyone can share?

No the google map does not display in pioneer HU it is working on my iPhone only. But once I connect to CarPlay it made my gps crazy on the iPhone as well.

I have the z5150bt 3 months ago and it is working very well with my pioneer Apple maps or my iPhone google maps and does not show such behavior. But probably my iOS version is the earlier version at that time. But I cannot confirm. However, the z5150bt does already have a few versions of firmware patched.

I just want to know the pioneer z9150bt itself is not a lemon unit that is good enough for me.

I also tried with my friends iPhone X with latest iOS and it has the same results.

The installer helped to restore to factory defaults once and it Seems to work for that day before the CarPlay made my iPhone gps crazy again.( yesterday I went to “margaret drive” for few hours after using the Apple maps and after that in the night I found that my location got stuck at margaret drive even though I am at Bishan

I have yet tried with a old version iPhone or android phone.

The problem is with Apple Map (it's written all over this small thread and everywhere else), Apple knew that and will fix by allowing other 3rd-party navigation app to work on CarPlay.

How do you get "Google Map to work on Pioneer" ?

The GPS antenna on 9150 is for a "built-in" navigation app on the Pioneer HU but apparently in Singapore, the built-in navigation app in the HU is disabled or missing. All navigation and GPS (antenna) comes from your phone. The HU is just acting as a "relay" and it's rather strange you're facing the problem you described, regardless wired or wireless.

• Praise 1

Was it typo there, did you mean 5150?  "z9150bt itself is not a lemon" or are you mulling to upgrade to 9150 ?

My setup is as follows, if it helps:

9150 firmware 1.00 (factory) - no update available yet

iPhone X - 11.4.1

Android Pie 8.0.0 QPR1.170623.032

CarPlay wireless: no problem, except Apple Map, this is not navigation problem but rather mapping problem.  Well at least as far as I can tell, since I rarely use it as I don't want to end up in Timbuktu.  Siri working, Spotify working....

AA wired: G Map works perfectly fine.

No the google map does not display in pioneer HU it is working on my iPhone only. But once I connect to CarPlay it made my gps crazy on the iPhone as well.

I have the z5150bt 3 months ago and it is working very well with my pioneer Apple maps or my iPhone google maps and does not show such behavior. But probably my iOS version is the earlier version at that time. But I cannot confirm. However, the z5150bt does already have a few versions of firmware patched.

I just want to know the pioneer z9150bt itself is not a lemon unit that is good enough for me.

I also tried with my friends iPhone X with latest iOS and it has the same results.

The installer helped to restore to factory defaults once and it Seems to work for that day before the CarPlay made my iPhone gps crazy again.( yesterday I went to “margaret drive” for few hours after using the Apple maps and after that in the night I found that my location got stuck at margaret drive even though I am at Bishan

The installer helped to restore to factory defaults once and it Seems to work for that day before the CarPlay made my iPhone gps crazy again.( yesterday I went to âmargaret driveâ for few hours after using the Apple maps and after that in the night I found that my location got stuck at margaret drive even though I am at Bishan

I sold my z5150bt 3months ago and bought this z9150bt.

Thanks for your confirmation. So I dun keep disturbing my installer haha. So either we wait for new iOS or pioneer might do a patch right?

Anyone got a written reply from pioneer on this?

I've tried out 9150 using Carplay wired.  It will re-connect every time.

If you wifi hotspot your other phone, it's usual for your iphone (connected to the HU) to reconnect back the wifi hotspot every time.

The above hotspot setup will not work on CarPlay Wireless because the iPhone is connected to HU using wifi.

im sorry to hijack this post but i thought it could be relevant to ask you or any other gurus here;

I just had my 8850 installed. I connected my iphone 8 to my Pioneer 8850 and can use the Carplay with no issues. But how to ensure it auto connect back after i restart my car again? It cant auto detect. Or did i do or not do something in setting?

BTW my phone is 24/7 connected to the cable unless i want to remove it out to download new music at home.

As my iphone has no sim card (using it for purely car usage and Carplay) and i use wifi (hotspot from main phone) is there a way to let my Car iphone auto connect to my main phone whenever i enter my car or start the power?

Please advise.

TIA

My Processor knowledge is limited as I've never used one and don't think there's a need for my current setup.  Perhaps it may be useful if you're audio using stock HU which comes with decent SQ.  But then again, it must have an optical output to begin with 

From what I read a little (Alpine AXE-0850S), 9150 has all the processing a the Alpine has, like crossover, 13 band EQ, time alignment....  I don't see a need for a processor if you have a HU like 9150 with outboard amp and wired to 4.1 speakers.  Yes the Alpine has App and PC interface that you can tweak a lot more but I don't see the need as the 9150 is already sophisticated enough.

No ?

Optical output..... The hole is getting bigger. Yes, you need a processor that accept optical inputs with integrated Dac. Optical output provides only digital data (of your music) and needs to be converted to analogue signals.

My Processor knowledge is limited as I've never used one and don't think there's a need for my current setup. Perhaps it may be useful if you're audio using stock HU which comes with decent SQ. But then again, it must have an optical output to begin with

From what I read a little (Alpine AXE-0850S), 9150 has all the processing a the Alpine has, like crossover, 13 band EQ, time alignment.... I don't see a need for a processor if you have a HU like 9150 with outboard amp and wired to 4.1 speakers. Yes the Alpine has App and PC interface that you can tweak a lot more but I don't see the need as the 9150 is already sophisticated enough.

No ?

Base on your reply, I can see that is all you need. You dun have to add a dsp or amp. Just get a easy to drive speakers and enjoy your music.

Optical output feature for HU is a feature for the more hardcore ones. What I am saying in my earlier statement is that just stop at where you are comfortable with, because just pursuing an optical output from HU means alot of down stream add on required. Its a slippery slope.

My Processor knowledge is limited as I've never used one and don't think there's a need for my current setup. Perhaps it may be useful if you're audio using stock HU which comes with decent SQ. But then again, it must have an optical output to begin with

From what I read a little (Alpine AXE-0850S), 9150 has all the processing a the Alpine has, like crossover, 13 band EQ, time alignment.... I don't see a need for a processor if you have a HU like 9150 with outboard amp and wired to 4.1 speakers. Yes the Alpine has App and PC interface that you can tweak a lot more but I don't see the need as the 9150 is already sophisticated enough.

No ?

agree with horsaybo.

Whether you need optical, amplifiers, dsp, etc.. this would be a different audio level and is for a different market. I would say just having a good head unit like a pioneer with some decent speakers, the sound improvements are already quite good. unless you need something more than this, it would a different level.

(edited)

I've recently re-visited ICE again, after a long absence because previous cars all came with decent stock sound.

Have been bombarded with processor lately so just want to make sure it's not something I'm missing.

Good to hear both you and babyjyo confirmed that.

I've finally arrived at a setting I like with the 9150, after quite a bit of tuning or rather messing around with the 9150 sound control.  Next will be to have a crack at the amp and sub setting to see if I can bring it to the next level.

Base on your reply, I can see that is all you need. You dun have to add a dsp or amp. Just get a easy to drive speakers and enjoy your music.

Optical output feature for HU is a feature for the more hardcore ones. What I am saying in my earlier statement is that just stop at where you are comfortable with, because just pursuing an optical output from HU means alot of down stream add on required. Its a slippery slope.

agree with horsaybo.

Whether you need optical, amplifiers, dsp, etc.. this would be a different audio level and is for a different market. I would say just having a good head unit like a pioneer with some decent speakers, the sound improvements are already quite good. unless you need something more than this, it would a different level.

Edited by Reo

need help on this unit.  when I ever, I wifi my phone to the unit and used my phone to search something on the safari, the radio switches to carplay radio from whatever I was using, is this a default or something settings that I can play with

need help on this unit. when I ever, I wifi my phone to the unit and used my phone to search something on the safari, the radio switches to carplay radio from whatever I was using, is this a default or something settings that I can play with

Just installed the AVH-Z9150BT to replace my AVH-295BT to screen mirror my phone to watch video content. But my initial experience is disappointing as follow:

1) once I mirrorlink my (Samsung note 8) phone, my rear monitor turn blank! So your rear passenger cannot view any mirrorlink screen on their monitor. So rear passenger can only view video by DVD player/USB but not internet video streaming.

2) when I signal left/right, the camera view replace/interrupt the video as usual,but there is no 'X' icon like my old AVH-295BT on screen! So the front passenger can't help me to toggle back to video if my signal is still on! This is worst than my old player.

3)all of my original code 6 DVD bought in singapore cannot be played but my old player can play them! (the model is new, so workshop can use the usual method to turn on 'all code')

Hope pioneer will correct all these in next firmware update.

Edited by SkywalkerTY

Just installed the AVH-Z9150BT to replace my AVH-295BT to screen mirror my phone to watch video content. But my initial experience is disappointing as follow:

1) once I mirrorlink my (Samsung note 8) phone, my rear monitor turn blank! So your rear passenger cannot view any mirrorlink screen on their monitor. So rear passenger can only view video by DVD player/USB but not internet video streaming.

2) when I signal left/right, the camera view replace/interrupt the video as usual,but there is no 'X' icon like my old AVH-295BT on screen! So the front passenger can't help me to toggle back to video if my signal is still on! This is worst than my old player.

3)all of my original code 6 DVD bought in singapore cannot be played but my old player can play them! (the model is new, so workshop can use the usual method to turn on 'all code')

Hope pioneer will correct all these in next firmware update.

Sorry to read about the problems

Hmm, the head unit has support for side cameras upon signalling left/right? Or is it tied to the reverse/rear camera?

Sucks that all this DRM/region locking makes things hard for legit uses. Might as well put the DVD content onto usb.

Sorry to read about the problems

Hmm, the head unit has support for side cameras upon signalling left/right? Or is it tied to the reverse/rear camera?

Sucks that all this DRM/region locking makes things hard for legit uses. Might as well put the DVD content onto usb.

my head unit is connected to a 360 bird view camera. But to be fair, I can't be sure it is HU problem or camera system issue(as the workshop also meddled with the bird view system settings as well)

I thought the best pioneer HU can be configured to support any DVD or stream any video (via mirrorlink) on-demand for 2nd/3rd row passengers to watch on monitor during the long ride to malaysia, but now my kids/wife may be disappointed after spending so much. It will be too time consuming for me to search for movie/dvd and spent hours to convert to the right format to save into usb/SD card(which I have not figure out what is the best format and how to convert)...

Now I begin to wonder if I would be much better off by buying cheaper HU and mirrorlink dongle as per YouTube link below and can do more.

( https://youtu.be/O50zNjSZ8cE )

Edited by SkywalkerTY

my head unit is connected to a 360 bird view camera. But to be fair, I can't be sure it is HU problem or camera system issue(as the workshop also meddled with the bird view system settings as well)

I thought the best pioneer HU can be configured to support any DVD or stream any video (via mirrorlink) on-demand for 2nd/3rd row passengers to watch on monitor during the long ride to malaysia, but now my kids/wife may be disappointed after spending so much. It will be too time consuming for me to search for movie/dvd and spent hours to convert to the right format to save into usb/SD card(which I have not figure out what is the best format and how to convert)...

Now I begin to wonder if I would be much better off by buying cheaper HU and mirrorlink dongle as per YouTube link below and can do more.

( https://youtu.be/O50zNjSZ8cE )

have you feedback your issues to the workshop? it could be installation/settings done not properly. if done properly, the rear monitor should not get disrupted.
↡ Advertisement