Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT

Reo

have you feedback your issues to the workshop? it could be installation/settings done not properly. if done properly, the rear monitor should not get disrupted.

Yes. They told me it can't be help for now, unless maybe if there is some firmware update to patch this soon. They briefly explained it may be due to signal type for monitor input is analouge format whereas mirrorlink signal is digital, so the HU need to convert mirrorlink source to analouge output. Any expert here to advise if this is the case?
↡ Advertisement

For my case, I have a 3rd party 360 cam + 9150.

In the 360 cam setting, you can set the 360 cam to come on screen when I signal left / right.

Maybe its because u did that in the setting?

Edited by Shawntcl
  • Praise 1

For my case, I have a 3rd party 360 cam + 9150.

In the 360 cam setting, you can set the 360 cam to come on screen when I signal left / right.

Maybe its because u did that in the setting?

Thanks. You may be right that it may be the 360 camera setting.

But lately I realized some erratic behaviors for the 360 camera after I mirrorlink(eg. Delayed switching to camera view after i signal left/right. Stuck at Camera view after I switch on/off hazard light button). Not sure if there is problem with installation or faulty hardware (camera processor/HU) or performance issue(RAM/processor speed)

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows the default wifi password for the z9150bt? Booted it up from factory settings today and its asking for a password. I have got BT and wireless CarPlay to work so not a big deal but would be good to know what connecting to the HUs wifi network does. Thanks!

I don't think the wifi can be connected the way we do with other devices.  

I've been wondering about the password since day 1.

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows the default wifi password for the z9150bt? Booted it up from factory settings today and its asking for a password. I have got BT and wireless CarPlay to work so not a big deal but would be good to know what connecting to the HUs wifi network does. Thanks!

Good news... Google Map update is out today.  

I'm now enjoying G Map on CarPlay.

Hope Google will release AA Wireless in our country soon.

I haven't tried it myself, the manual says yes:

USB, SD supports:

avi, mp4, 3gp, mkv, mov, flv, f4v, asf, wmv & vob.

For further you should look up the manual.

Hi, may i check is the pioneer 9150 can play mpeg4 and mpeg2 through the USB? Thanks alot

Edited by Reo

I haven't tried it myself, the manual says yes:

USB, SD supports:

avi, mp4, 3gp, mkv, mov, flv, f4v, asf, wmv & vob.

For further you should look up the manual.

Great, I'm looking to install 9150 for my new car. I have plenty of music video in mpeg2 and mpeg4 file, my prevoius HU is jvc 810 which served me coming to 10 year till i scrap the car in one week ago. Alot thanks bro. Edited by Jerryl

Yes. They told me it can't be help for now, unless maybe if there is some firmware update to patch this soon. They briefly explained it may be due to signal type for monitor input is analouge format whereas mirrorlink signal is digital, so the HU need to convert mirrorlink source to analouge output. Any expert here to advise if this is the case?

Hi, I have the same issue as u. I try to Youtube some cartoon for my kids to see at the rear. Guess wat? Cannot!. Even my installer told me no way.

If you have external GPS device to connect via RGB port, good luck. I have it. Everytime u start the car and HU auto start, it forever will be landed on the GPS screen and not the normal home screen.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I was sold on the Z9150BT for the wireless carplay and dual bluetooth (although I know you can't use both at the same time).

I need 2 phones for work, an Iphone SE and an older iphone 3GS and my plan was to use the SE in wireless carplay mode when I'm not working and then have both connected via bluetooth when I am so that I can receive calls on both. 

However when I tried this out on a demo unit in store it seemed to have issues.  Dual bluetooth worked a treat until I connected the SE to wireless carplay.  After that there didn't seem to be a way to turn off the carplay connection to get the bluetooth to reconnect.  It came up with an error warning me to cancel all other connections before the bluetooth connection would work.  Once I turned wifi off on the HU it would only allow the phones to connect for audio, not phone calls.  We had to reset the bluetooth connections and re-pair the phones to get them to work.  One thing we couldn't do is properly kill power to the unit, we could turn it to standby using the button on the front but we couldn't simulate turning the car off and on again.

So my question/s are:

1. How do you turn off wireless carplay?

2. When you first turn on the unit does it auto connect 1 bluetooth, 2 bluetooth or the wireless carplay connection?

3. How do you choose which phone you are making calls from?

4. Do you guys have the same issues going from wireless carplay to bluetooth or were we just doing something wrong?

Thanks for any advice you guys and gals may have, I've scoured the manual and sent an email to pioneer (no word from them)

Hi all,

I was sold on the Z9150BT for the wireless carplay and dual bluetooth (although I know you can't use both at the same time).

I need 2 phones for work, an Iphone SE and an older iphone 3GS and my plan was to use the SE in wireless carplay mode when I'm not working and then have both connected via bluetooth when I am so that I can receive calls on both. 

However when I tried this out on a demo unit in store it seemed to have issues.  Dual bluetooth worked a treat until I connected the SE to wireless carplay.  After that there didn't seem to be a way to turn off the carplay connection to get the bluetooth to reconnect.  It came up with an error warning me to cancel all other connections before the bluetooth connection would work.  Once I turned wifi off on the HU it would only allow the phones to connect for audio, not phone calls.  We had to reset the bluetooth connections and re-pair the phones to get them to work.  One thing we couldn't do is properly kill power to the unit, we could turn it to standby using the button on the front but we couldn't simulate turning the car off and on again.

So my question/s are:

1. How do you turn off wireless carplay?

2. When you first turn on the unit does it auto connect 1 bluetooth, 2 bluetooth or the wireless carplay connection?

3. How do you choose which phone you are making calls from?

4. Do you guys have the same issues going from wireless carplay to bluetooth or were we just doing something wrong?

Thanks for any advice you guys and gals may have, I've scoured the manual and sent an email to pioneer (no word from them)

you can turn off wireless CarPlay on your phone and not on the HU. 

mine connects CarPlay and bluetooth

mine wireless CarPlay sometimes will hang, just need to restart the car,  seems like 8850 wth wired CarPlay is a better option than 9150

I would say NO.

What are you looking into improving ?  The selling point of 9150 is (according to Pioneer) wireless Mirroring.  My earlier post I said who would bother to do mirroring ?

I've been using wireless CarPlay.  AA wireless is not available in SG.  I believe 8850 can do wireless carplay too, no ?

I’ve used 8850 for more than a year. Is it worth to upgrade to 9150 ?

AA wireless is not available in SG.

I believe this is not true. US people have also been reporting their samsung phones cannot use AA wireless

Samsung rep tells them to wait for Pie update on their phones. Only Pixel with oreo or pie works now.

Google is trying to get AA wireless out to all manufacturers

Hey guys, by the way, good news, seems like Android Auto officially launched now in sg

Can update via the play store and also search for it.

Did you personally get AA wireless to work in SG or saw it yourself, or just your conjecture ?

If it's the first, I would very much like to hear more about the setup used.

I believe this is not true. US people have also been reporting their samsung phones cannot use AA wireless

Samsung rep tells them to wait for Pie update on their phones. Only Pixel with oreo or pie works now.

Google is trying to get AA wireless out to all manufacturers

↡ Advertisement