Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT

Reo

While verifying the message read out, I thought about your post below and was wondering where my 9150 antenna is, since I don't see it on the dashboard.  Lo and behold, It's on the windscreen well hidden behind the rear view mirror mounting.

It seems to me the antenna when too near the HU causes interference but I'm still of the opinion the HU does not provide any gps functionality when using the like of CP or AA.

It started with my installer placing my gps inside the HU compartment which I believe causes interference to my CarPlay maps because they thought the gps should be from the phone. Whenever I plug in my CarPlay via cable the maps on the unit will show wrong coordinate and when I unplug it the map in my phone will move back to the correct position.
I pestered my installer until they gave me another new unit and the results are the same. Another user had the same problem and told me that after his installer placed the gps on the middle of the dash his CarPlay maps started working proper. So I ask my installer to do the same and therefore rectified finally rectified my CarPlay map problem.

Probably it will be better that you call pioneer and contact the technician for HU support. His name is Vincent and he will advice you accordingly.attachicon.gif781B0B24-AF6B-4507-B7A2 1325490AA3B8.png just one of the screenshot showing my position in the water when I am in Sembawang.

↡ Advertisement

While verifying the message read out, I thought about your post below and was wondering where my 9150 antenna is, since I don't see it on the dashboard.  Lo and behold, It's on the windscreen well hidden behind the rear view mirror mounting.

It seems to me the antenna when too near the HU causes interference but I'm still of the opinion the HU does not provide any gps functionality when using the like of CP or AA.

Just do a simple test and place it in the glove compartment. 

Read the entire thread earlier.  Nothing conclusive, with different opinions on how they thought how things work.

Just found a discussion about Alpine head unit that came with a gps antenna having same issue as me previously for Carplay navigation!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8569938?page=2

It's well glued on the windscreen and GPS signal can still penetrate through.

Just curious to know if  the antenna is being used at all.  Only one way to find out is to disconnect it, but hey, don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Just do a simple test and place it in the glove compartment. 

Read the entire thread earlier.  Nothing conclusive, with different opinions on how they thought how things work.

Just curious to know if  the antenna is being used at all.  Only one way to find out is to disconnect it, but hey, don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Suddenly realized maybe i can try turn off my iphone location service and see if it can use the pioneer unit's gps signal. Will try and update later.

By the way, i would sometime still experience gps wrong location when under mscp with tall buildings all around in carplay mode. fyi.

if there is a gps antenna, then likely it will be used as the accuracy is much better. chances are most phones will be placed around the lower portion of the dash around the gear lever area and thus accuracy will be much poorer. thus apple carplay mandates a certain level of accuracy needed. thus many HU vendors add another GPS chip in their HU with an external antenna to help.

Good thought.  Keep us posted.

Suddenly realized maybe i can try turn off my iphone location service and see if it can use the pioneer unit's gps signal. Will try and update later.

This is perfectly normal for GPS, isn't it.  Need good unblocked cone to the satellites.  Shenton way area is definitely blind spots.

By the way, i would sometime still experience gps wrong location when under mscp with tall buildings all around in carplay mode. fyi.

Just because the 9150 came with a GPS antenna and the installer put it on the dashboard doesn't mean when using map app on CP or AA it's being used.

The antenna is there in case Pioneer came out with a 9150's native navigation which at this stage, I don't see any here in SG.  Native means on the HU itself, not using AA or CP.

I was told that 9150 do have GPS capability just that it was disable in Asia. It should have it own map and etc, Just kanna disable. Just like wireless AA. Asia will not have the chance to enjoy it.

That's correct - I mentioned earlier.

I was told that 9150 do have GPS capability just that it was disable in Asia. It should have it own map and etc, Just kanna disable. Just like wireless AA. Asia will not have the chance to enjoy it.

3 issues then

1. Wireless AA - would be misselling if it is not activated, because it is certainly advertised.

2. Need for native navigation app - any way to install alternative / international firmware?

3. What's the ideal size USB drive for this? I loaded my music on a 128gb good quality USB drive and the loading is stuck at 10%

Where did you see AA Wireless advertised ?  Can you take a shot ?

Or did you see Wireless Android Mirroring and thought it's AA Wireless, like I did ?

3 issues then

1. Wireless AA - would be misselling if it is not activated, because it is certainly advertised.

Is there any way to get rid of the annoying words when reversing? Words to the effect that the view may be mirrored. These words frequently obstruct what I'm trying to see

Don't see a reason why it should not, as it is using the latest Android.

IIRC, I've hooked up briefly some one else's Huawei (I think similar to the model you mentioned).  No problem.

Despite the AA wireless. Does the Android Auto work seamlessly with the USB cable with Hua Wei Mate 20 Pro phone? Thanks.

Don't see a reason why it should not, as it is using the latest Android.

IIRC, I've hooked up briefly some one else's Huawei (I think similar to the model you mentioned). No problem.

Thanks. Awaiting for next Coe bidding now. Will install this in the new car.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, i have been searching a lot for a firmware update for my AVH-Z9150BT unit. I bought this from a Latin-America retailer but the firmwares from pioneer-latin are not updated since Jan-2018 for all units. Do you think i will brake my unit if i use the firmware from pioneer Australia? My user manual looks like the one that it is there English/Spanish/Portuguese(b)

Hi, i have been searching a lot for a firmware update for my AVH-Z9150BT unit. I bought this from a Latin-America retailer but the firmwares from pioneer-latin are not updated since Jan-2018 for all units. Do you think i will brake my unit if i use the firmware from pioneer Australia? My user manual looks like the one that it is there English/Spanish/Portuguese(b)

So far there is only one update to version 1.01

This firmware update (version 1.01): - Adapt to Google Android Auto specification changes. - Minor bug fixes

Not sure if the firmware update is useful to you or not.

From my understanding, Z9150BT has no region difference. Maybe the manual they only packed differently.

To be sure, check if Pioneer tech.

↡ Advertisement