Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT

Reo

Neutral Newbie

So far there is only one update to version 1.01

This firmware update (version 1.01): - Adapt to Google Android Auto specification changes. - Minor bug fixes

Not sure if the firmware update is useful to you or not.

From my understanding, Z9150BT has no region difference. Maybe the manual they only packed differently.

To be sure, check if Pioneer tech.

Thanks for the information regarding the update. I contacted pioneer technicians and they are helping me with my unit update. The only bad thing is that according to them if i perform the update myself i would lose my warranty. I find that to be a bit annoying. Most prob this will be my first and last pioneer stereo.
↡ Advertisement

Is this Pioneer Singapore.  If yes, I'm impressed they even want to help you.  Are they charging you for the effort ?

Most companies do not support if not purchased locally, unless product under international warranty.

Thanks for the information regarding the update. I contacted pioneer technicians and they are helping me with my unit update. The only bad thing is that according to them if i perform the update myself i would lose my warranty. I find that to be a bit annoying. Most prob this will be my first and last pioneer stereo.

Just purchased this. Great upgrade from my 585BT. Sounds really much better and with both Android Auto and wireless mirroring, really enjoying my daily commutes.

Hi, using this unit with Samsung Note 9.

Been encountering a strange issue, and I'm not sure if it's to do with the Samsung or with the HU.  When in Android auto, the on-screen touch calibration is WAY off, and the registered touch point is a full 2 cm below and 1 cm to the right of where I'm actually touching.  It renders the Map useless because I can't select the correct destination on search.

Has anyone else encountered/solved this issue?

Anyone know what's the WiFi password to connect to the 9150bt? It seems need to enter the password to connect the WiFi. Tried "password" but not working.

The Huawei phone shows up if put under Bluetooth setting menu as per the pioneer manual. However the connection failed. I can see the status changed in my phone when in the connection process but always failed at the end. No issue with iPhone. Worse thing is the workshop didn't route out the android usb for me. Trying the fw update later if it works.

Try and see if this works.

Go to the drop-down menu using the arrow. There is one for 'Mirroring'. Click that.

On your Huawei, find the 'Smart View' or mirroring icon and click that. If asked, it should be 'phone to device'.

Edited by Aukang

No worries. We're all here to share and learn...

Incidentally anyone here did the Time Alignment and Auto EQ? Does it really make a big difference to the sound?

Hijacking the thread.

Just got an used car that came with I think is a 5150BT. A noob question- all these HU nowadays no more CD or DVD loading port?

The car also has an alpine drop down 10” screen but donno how to make it work with the pioneer HU.

• Praise 1

Hijacking the thread.

Just got an used car that came with I think is a 5150BT. A noob question- all these HU nowadays no more CD or DVD loading port?

The car also has an alpine drop down 10â screen but donno how to make it work with the pioneer HU.

Hahahahahahaaaaaa

Asking for Cd slot!

Edited by Kopites

Hijacking the thread.

The car also has an alpine drop down 10â screen but donno how to make it work with the pioneer HU.

Yours is an easy issue... Google online for the manuals. Should be able to find.

Hahahahahahaaaaaa

Asking for Cd slot!ð maybe install a Cd changer at the car boot! You make my day!

Don laug at the old school...I have plenty of old songs and music on Cd

Actually, I also laugh at myself when I was looking for it. Just use sportify lah my daughter said.

Yours is an easy issue... Google online for the manuals. Should be able to find.

I could only find those for newer models. I can operate the Pioneer HU without the manual but not the Alpine screen.

Don laug at the old school...I have plenty of old songs and music on Cd

Actually, I also laugh at myself when I was looking for it. Just use sportify lah my daughter said.

I could only find those for newer models. I can operate the Pioneer HU without the manual but not the Alpine screen.

Hi 5150BT is also the latest mid level HU. It has 1 aux video/audio in and 1 aux video out to the Alpine screen.

You just have to check if they are connected. On the HU u may have to set your input/output connection setting.

If unsure, just pay accessories shop $30-50 bucks to help you check or connect up.

• Praise 1

Hijacking the thread.

Bro, u hv to press the tiny button at the right of the HU... the face will flip up n reveal the cd slot...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2