Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT

Reo

Bro, u hv to press the tiny button at the right of the HU... the face will flip up n reveal the cd slot...

Hahahahahaha

By the way my old 285bt did come with a Cd slot. How to cover the slot up? It collect dusk. I put a black tape over it but look ugly and the plastic turn sticky after a week.

Dont laugh.

↡ Advertisement

Hahahahahaha

By the way my old 285bt did come with a Cd slot. How to cover the slot up? It collect dusk. I put a black tape over it but look ugly and the plastic turn sticky after a week.

Dont laugh.

Best solution is to sell your old 285bt So no need cover up anymore. Lol

What are you trying to achieve here ?  AA Wireless?  Surely you must have read if you trace back some earlier posts, even though I'm hoping you managed to get it working.

Thanks Aukang. Mirroring is good. Think it's the android auto issue.

Buying the mic is cheap, I got it calibrated, but didn't like the EQ.  The reference EQ is way off for my liking.

I used it just for TA only, which you can set up by ear especially if it's just the front speakers.

No worries. We're all here to share and learn...

Incidentally anyone here did the Time Alignment and Auto EQ? Does it really make a big difference to the sound?

Don laug at the old school...I have plenty of old songs and music on Cd

Actually, I also laugh at myself when I was looking for it. Just use sportify lah my daughter said.

I could only find those for newer models. I can operate the Pioneer HU without the manual but not the Alpine screen.

I am keeping cds and changer ........

I've been wondering for the longest time what the password is - here you are....

But after some time with the 9150, I don't think there's any use since the connection with a smartphone is through the BT first.

Do you know of any occasion the password is handy ?

Yah... Upgrade your current set... Interested in a second hand 595BT? ð

From 285bt jump to five thousand series? Too high an upgrade for me. Thanks.

From 285bt jump to five thousand series? Too high an upgrade for me. Thanks.

actually it's 500-series only. Brand new 595BT on Carousell is going for about $400-plus.

I've been wondering for the longest time what the password is - here you are....

But after some time with the 9150, I don't think there's any use since the connection with a smartphone is through the BT first.

Do you know of any occasion the password is handy ?

you need it for full screen mirroring...

after the wireless mirroring, i can watch youtube videos on the 9150, mirrored from my Android phone....in fact, one of the first thing the 9150 i watched after i installed was the Dolby surround sound demo....to determine how good the good is 

Buying the mic is cheap, I got it calibrated, but didn't like the EQ.  The reference EQ is way off for my liking.

I used it just for TA only, which you can set up by ear especially if it's just the front speakers.

thanks. i got front, rear and tweeters. I had assumed the auto-EQ will make the sound stage better.

the mic is not so cheap if you consider the possibility that it is likely a one-time use only...

Hmmm, didn't remember needing the wifi password when connecting Android mirror the last time.  I got it connected but find the mirroring was a plain pure waste of time.  Glad that you found some use for it.  

I've component front and rear (coax).  It's does not care if your tweeters are offset from the mid-woofer.  It just measures front, rear, and the LFE.

Certainly true, looking from the angle that it's only used possibly once.  Perhaps you can get best bang for the bucks if you buy from me so you can use it for the second time of its life ;-)

you need it for full screen mirroring...

after the wireless mirroring, i can watch youtube videos on the 9150, mirrored from my Android phone....in fact, one of the first thing the 9150 i watched after i installed was the Dolby surround sound demo....to determine how good the good is 

thanks. i got front, rear and tweeters. I had assumed the auto-EQ will make the sound stage better.

the mic is not so cheap if you consider the possibility that it is likely a one-time use only...

Hmmm, didn't remember needing the wifi password when connecting Android mirror the last time. I got it connected but find the mirroring was a plain pure waste of time. Glad that you found some use for it.

I've component front and rear (coax). It's does not care if your tweeters are offset from the mid-woofer. It just measures front, rear, and the LFE.

Certainly true, looking from the angle that it's only used possibly once. Perhaps you can get best bang for the bucks if you buy from me so you can use it for the second time of its life ;-)

Considering trying the auto EQ and time alignment. U got a PM.

For the latest FW, the wifi password is actually showing on the wifi connection menu page.

The power from this receiver to my OEM speakers are really good. The sound is really punchy.

Whats the best with car play?

9150 is best with CarPlay as its wireless. The others are wired usb.

Anyone has review on 8250? I like the 8” display. It’s released in Thailand but not yet here I think.

Just to update. The HuaWei mate 20 pro is working fine with Pioneer Z9150BT via the usbc cable. The sound is better with the cable than Bluetooth also.

I have experienced blank screens on the HU and the only way to solve this problem is restarting the engine.

Has anyone else resolved this with updating the latest software?  Is it a simple install in USB and plug and play to do so?

Grateful your advise.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement