Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT

Reo

Hi. May I know your preference 9250 over 9150? I was told by an installer, the advantage of 9150 is weblink and he recommend me 9150 to 9250. Also 9150 is wireless and 9250 is wired. Was wondering if there is any other differences.

Thanks

I’m after Wireless Apple CarPlay
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Iâm after Wireless Apple CarPlay

9250 definitely have wireless carplay. I'm using 9250 now.

Sorry for asking again, Anyone facing connectivity issues on wireless mirroring?? Was trying to play YouTube for the kid to watch but it kept disconnecting after awhile. I did a test, even when I am not driving, it will still disconnect when my Huawei mate 20 x is not on standby.

Hi All,

Anyone knows the small meter gauge at the bottom right of the Android auto if it can be linked to any OBD 2 ELM so it can display our car gauges in the AA?

Neutral Newbie

iphone user with firmware 12.3.1 cant connect iphone wirelessly to z91bt rite?

who should we report to?

apple or pioneer???

Bought a Z9250BT from a shop at Sim Lim Towers and updated my 5750BT, and am quite happy with it. 

I decided to DIY instead of going to audio installers since I had time over the weekend and was ready to splice and solder cables, but was pleasantly surprised to discover it was completely plug and play as it shares the same plugs as the older units. 

Aesthetically, it looks a little bit sleeker now, as its screen is no longer matte, but shiny. It is also flush to the much thinner bezel although screen size remains the same at 7 inches. Communication-wise, I have tested it both on wireless Carplay as well as wired and both work well, I am sticking with wired though because it allows me to use Weblink (which replaces AppRadio), and allows me additional apps like Yelp! but more importantly YouTube. 

Carplay enables apps such as Waze or Google Maps to be used much more efficiently on the screen so to me that's one great way of staying within the law since these days you aren't supposed to fiddle with your phone while driving. 

Siri hasn't quite gotten the hang of the Singaporean accent though!

Just one warning, the current draw of this head unit appears to be much higher than my old one; it managed to drain my car battery in about an hour or so while I was configuring its settings, I ended up having to call for a jump start!

aaaa6c0b_a547_41f0_bfe0_bfd5c1892408_133

• Praise 1

Can I check if the Z9250BT supports wireless Android auto?

yup it support but think most of us can't use it yet... as far as i know, AA wireless currently only support phone from google (e.g. pixel)... can't verify it as i don't have a pixel... definitely don't work with Note 9

yup it support but think most of us can't use it yet... as far as i know, AA wireless currently only support phone from google (e.g. pixel)... can't verify it as i don't have a pixel... definitely don't work with Note 9

I read from this review. It seems to work occasionally for wireless AA. He tested on note 9 and this should be a local unit.

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/tech-review-pioneer-avh-z9250bt-a-versatile-wireless-in-car-receiver

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I'm keen in getting the 9150 to wireless mirror to HU and connect it to my roof monitor but based on some previous message, there is no signal when the mirroring is done. Is this issue resolved? Can I say that there is no issue if we use cable to mirror to HU for roof monitor to detect. Thank you

Edited by Pureline
  • Praise 1

I'm keen in getting the 9150 to wireless mirror to HU and connect it to my roof monitor but based on some previous message, there is no signal when the mirroring is done. Is this issue resolved? Can I say that there is no issue if we use cable to mirror to HU for roof monitor to detect. Thank you

Go for the latest AVH9250BT, U wont regret. I just got mine.

• Praise 1

The problem is with Apple Map (it's written all over this small thread and everywhere else), Apple knew that and will fix by allowing other 3rd-party navigation app to work on CarPlay.

How do you get "Google Map to work on Pioneer" ?

The GPS antenna on 9150 is for a "built-in" navigation app on the Pioneer HU but apparently in Singapore, the built-in navigation app in the HU is disabled or missing.  All navigation and GPS (antenna) comes from your phone.  The HU is just acting as a "relay" and it's rather strange you're facing the problem you described, regardless wired or wireless.

Was it type there, did you mean 5150?  "z9150bt itself is not a lemon" or are you mulling to upgrade to 9150 ?

My setup is as follows, if it helps:

9150 firmware 1.00 (factory) - no update available yet

iPhone X - 11.4.1

Android Pie 8.0.0 QPR1.170623.032

CarPlay wireless: no problem, except Apple Map, this is not navigation problem but rather mapping problem.  Well at least as far as I can tell, since I rarely use it as I don't want to end up in Timbuktu.  Siri working, Spotify working....

AA wired: G Map works perfectly fine.

• Praise 1

Hi, you quoted a post (technology-related) post that is 1 year old  [laugh]  - it's not relevant any more.

CP has opened up a while back.  I've since been using Gmap on CP - all good now.  Only little problem is I've to carry an iPhone in addition to an Android.

Was it type there, did you mean 5150?  "z9150bt itself is not a lemon" or are you mulling to upgrade to 9150 ?

My setup is as follows, if it helps:

9150 firmware 1.00 (factory) - no update available yet

iPhone X - 11.4.1

Android Pie 8.0.0 QPR1.170623.032

CarPlay wireless: no problem, except Apple Map, this is not navigation problem but rather mapping problem.  Well at least as far as I can tell, since I rarely use it as I don't want to end up in Timbuktu.  Siri working, Spotify working....

AA wired: G Map works perfectly fine.

• Praise 1

If you don't hear back from any Freed owner here, best is to check with installer.

does this work with the honda freed steering wheel in-build remote?

Hi,

Pioneer AVH-Z9250BT is priced at S$820 for export set with installation worth it?

Any bros installed onto Harrier Turbo XU60 yet?

↡ Advertisement