Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT

Reo

On 11/20/2019 at 12:39 PM, Pachelbel said:

Got it working wirelessly. Sharing with everyone that it's now possible in Singapore. Another video here: https://youtu.be/XZUi6BEnsgs

Now, just on the radio/car and phone connects to unit without wires. If I connect USB cable, it'll charge. Fortunately AA doesn't disconnect when cable is first plugged in. 

Note:

1. I've sign up for beta programme of Google Play Services, Google

2. Installed beta version of Google play services version 19.8.26

3. Enabled developers mode on Android Auto --> add wireless protection to sett... 

4. Restarted phone. 

5. I've paired my phone to the pioneer head unit before

Now I don't have to worry about lousy cable breaking in the middle of the trip /drive. Possibly looking for a wireless charge kit to add to car. 

Thanks for the instructions, Pachelbel.  I finally got my Wireless AA to work for the first time in 1.5 years since I had the 9150.  Unfortunately, I must say I prefer the latest CP so won't be using AA for now.

Here's in additional notes to Pachelbel's instructions:

There's no need to register for the latest Google Play beta because I side-load from APKMirror.  Make sure you installed the latest AA from Google store.

Turn on AA Developer mode, and check the "Add wireless projection to settings"

If trying to connect wirelessly for the first time, plugging in the cable while connecting might help to make the connection.

I did not try connect AA wireless before sideloading the beta Google Play and turning on AA Developer mode.  I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Try it first with your Android as it is with latest AA
  2. If doesn't work, try turning on AA developer mode and check the wireless projection.
  3. If still no joy, install latest Google Play beta

My phone is Mi9 (China ROM) - subsequent HU boot-up the connection re-establishes automatically. 

↡ Advertisement

On 11/21/2019 at 1:16 PM, Reo said:

Thanks for the instructions, Pachelbel.  I finally got my Wireless AA to work for the first time in 1.5 years since I had the 9150.  Unfortunately, I must say I prefer the latest CP so won't be using AA for now.

Here's in additional notes to Pachelbel's instructions:

There's no need to register for the latest Google Play beta because I side-load from APKMirror.  Make sure you installed the latest AA from Google store.

Turn on AA Developer mode, and check the "Add wireless projection to settings"

If trying to connect wirelessly for the first time, plugging in the cable while connecting might help to make the connection.

I did not try connect AA wireless before sideloading the beta Google Play and turning on AA Developer mode.  I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Try it first with your Android as it is with latest AA
  2. If doesn't work, try turning on AA developer mode and check the wireless projection.
  3. If still no joy, install latest Google Play beta

My phone is Mi9 (China ROM) - subsequent HU boot-up the connection re-establishes automatically. 

Bro, before I download the AA beta APK, do I need to uninstall the AA from play store? TIA.

21 hours ago, Melody288 said:

Bro, before I download the AA beta APK, do I need to uninstall the AA from play store? TIA.

I did not.

• Praise 1

On 11/22/2019 at 9:29 PM, BengGaBoy said:

Anybody can advise how long does 9150 or 9250 take to boot upon starting your engine?

1min or less ?

Thanks

My mental clock says about 45 seconds

On 11/25/2019 at 12:33 PM, BengGaBoy said:

Many thanks!

On 11/25/2019 at 8:54 AM, Reo said:

Don't know why you need it for but I've a good news...my mental clock needs re-calibration.

I measured today, 10 seconds to the warning screen and 18 seconds to wireless AA re-connected with music playing from Spotify 

On 11/26/2019 at 12:38 PM, Reo said:

Don't know why you need it for but I've a good news...my mental clock needs re-calibration.

I measured today, 10 seconds to the warning screen and 18 seconds to wireless AA re-connected with music playing from Spotify 

Thanks! Going to install AVH-9250BT soon 🙂

I asked because I heard there's some headunit takes very long to bootup (due to a lot of software to boot to support android and apple carplay) and I just want to confirm that because I splurge on it 🙂

On 11/20/2019 at 4:35 PM, Reo said:

I've had very reliable wireless CP re-connection every boot up previously but this year with each iOS updates, the re-connection has become erratic.

About half the times, will need to unlock the iPhone for the re-connection to establish.

This is the same issue I am experiencing.  Even as I type.

But I am unaware that the connection can be establish by unlocking the iPhone.  Most times, when I drive and realise no connection, I simply wire it up and continue on my journey.  Thanks for sharing this to fellow users.

On 11/28/2019 at 1:57 PM, Verceroy said:

This is the same issue I am experiencing.  Even as I type.

But I am unaware that the connection can be establish by unlocking the iPhone.  Most times, when I drive and realise no connection, I simply wire it up and continue on my journey.  Thanks for sharing this to fellow users.

For CP, to manually re-connect, press the button second from the left.  On the lower left corner of the screen, press the phone (with diagonal strike) icon.  Look for the BT name of your iphone,  pressing it should re-connect.

On 11/25/2019 at 8:54 AM, Reo said:

i recall mine takes like 10 seconds for the songs to resume playing from USB, after i start my engine..

Hi...the AVH-Z9150BT provides compatibility with Apple CarPlay and support connecting to a compatible iPhone using either a wireless connection or a wired USB connection, offering a smarter and safer way to use an iPhone in the car. Apart from supporting Apple CarPlay, the AVH-Z9150BT's built-in Wi-Fi capabilities also enable drivers using selected Android phones to enjoy the benefits of clutter-free wireless technology.

On 12/14/2019 at 12:47 AM, JewelHanda said:

Hi...the AVH-Z9150BT provides compatibility with Apple CarPlay and support connecting to a compatible iPhone using either a wireless connection or a wired USB connection, offering a smarter and safer way to use an iPhone in the car. Apart from supporting Apple CarPlay, the AVH-Z9150BT's built-in Wi-Fi capabilities also enable drivers using selected Android phones to enjoy the benefits of clutter-free wireless technology.

Congratulations!  You've successfully made your first post.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Just tried updating the firmware on my 9150 HU with the latest 1.01 version from Pioneer SG's website. Went through the process and everything went well. It even showed on the screen "Update Complete! Version: 1.00 -> 1.01".

However, after the HU rebooted and i went into System Information to check the firmware, it still shows as Version 1.00. I did the firmware update twice but to no avail.

Anyone has any idea why this is so? Or how i might be able to fix it?

Also regarding AA wireless, i've signed up as beta tester and also put my AA in developer mode but am unable to find the option "Add Wireless Projection to Settings" to check. Am i missing out a step?

Edit: Managed to solve the wireless projection - just rebooted my phone. 🙂 Still facing issue with the firmware update though!

Thanks and appreciate all help in advance!

Edited by snsd555

Anyone have trouble with AA on the 9150 with the latest Google update? I can no longer activate Voice commands with "Hey Google" or "Ok Google".