Ben Davis not allowed to defer NS for Fulham stint

Zxcvb

Just now, Tianmo said:

KNNBCCB PAP is the direct aim hor?  I say for him better....[:p][laugh][laugh]

sport is sport, dun go mix with other stuff.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Galantspeedz said:

the 魔really know everything lol

tianmo speaks the truth.....the only truth....and nothing but the truth....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Ben Davis case will not be the last one.

Any time one of our boys get a chance of a lifetime, mindef will be here to stop him.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

agree with you on your observation

then we have the following:

1. sacrifice - we got to see the greater priority, if we want our very own boys and girls to excel in sports as a country without "buying (millions of dollars)" sportsman from overseas, then we need to "sacrifice" to allow those with potential to do what they do eg football, swimming. 

2. Deferment for NS includes for some individuals doing local Medicine university course and government scholars. Why deferment for a selected group? You mean a sportsman life is lesser than a scholar? If so why do winning sportsman or sportswoman get photo shoot with politicians and some get to go to parliament to be glorified. Do we see graduating doctors of government scholars having the same treatment.

3. we really don't treat those locals working overseas fairly, many Singaporeans whom I met informs me, their children follow them but when they return to Singapore, they do not enjoy the children concession in public transport including recreation (cinema) because they do not have a local student card but have overseas student card even they got a Singapore passport do not count. Their children have to pay adult fares and adult tickets.

4. Today unless the child is born in that country it is extremely difficult to obtain an overseas passport unlike other nationalities. Officially, it is possible but reality it is different altogether. 

side-track, we have very funny arrangements - LGBT is illegal and punishable by law, but the law is not enforced, hence the existence of LGBT is not recognize by the law as a legal entity but yet a minister recently say they will protect the LGBT, public can be very confused and a LGBT may live in fear.

Currently, my personal take is, yes everybody has obligations, but sometimes we as a community needs to allow a few who are TRULY talented to excel. In our population, have a few or tens individuals deferring their NS obligation (NOT exempted) will NOT affect our NS system. If we are so hard-up for every boy to do NS, then we should not put many  returning overseas boys for NS obligations to mainly civil defense, police etc and apparently some race had been complaining not been given higher and sensitive appointments. Many of them would return to their adopted country after the NS. Their loyal cannot be questioned because they practically live their lives in another country. Basically, it appears wanting to extract the pound of flesh for every being called a Singaporean. 

In Ben's case, we all know his legal obligations but then because Ben is NOT an entity like AIMS or Town Council, there are moral issues to consider too. 

Agree 100%

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Beregond said:

this is the hardest part, how to treat every 1 fairly. like u say medicine is as important as sport.

then ppl with family problem, they need work to feed family, he say wtf soccer is more important then family?

what about less popular sport that win medal at sea games. like wushu. water polo can imagine all these ppl asking for deferment, and they got better achievement then soccer.

once u open the gate all will swamp in, and u cannot close anymore. i doubt they will make major changes anytime, unless they can cover up for the numbers.

thats why last time i mention we need more regulars 

I feel that MINDEF needs to treat our soldiers better also. In other countries military personnel are highly respected and get lots of privileges in society.

Here our soldiers get sh*t all and are treated like dirt. Measly allowance and token benefit here and there, who will happy.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

18 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

I feel that MINDEF needs to treat our soldiers better also. In other countries military personnel are highly respected and get lots of privileges in society.

Here our soldiers get sh*t all and are treated like dirt. Measly allowance and token benefit here and there, who will happy.

conscripts are free and FORCED labor. what kind of respect do you want for that? They are victims but nothing to be proud of. Free labor to pack ndp funpacks (please show me how this helps defend the nation)

Manage to keng and escape NS, I will respect.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Kusje said:

conscripts are free and FORCED labor. what kind of respect do you want for that? They are victims but nothing to be proud of. Free labor to pack ndp funpacks (please show me how this helps defend the nation)

Taiwan also conscription army. The ah bing ge there get better respect from the locals.

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Taiwan also conscription army. The ah bing ge there get better respect from the locals.

They spend a quarter of their time preparing for an ego parade as well?

5 hours ago, Kusje said:

All the more we should treat them better, given that we don't have a choice.

Sometimes I feel that the way MINDEF treats our soldiers, are a bit of a disgrace.

• Praise 3

53 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

All the more we should treat them better, given that we don't have a choice.

Sometimes I feel that the way MINDEF treats our soldiers, are a bit of a disgrace.

Oh, I'm all for treating conscripts better - I just don't think a victim deserves respect for letting themselves be a victim. Pity would be the proper feeling.

The disgraceful part is not how mindef treats conscripts but how we allow mindef to treat conscripts.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

12 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Because most of the time, they are deployed for relief duties after every typhoon strucked or earthquakes ....  [smash]

SG ah ping ge hardly seen on the road except reporting 'in' or 'out' of camp ... :slow:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 4

19 hours ago, Kusje said:

Oh, I'm all for treating conscripts better - I just don't think a victim deserves respect for letting themselves be a victim. Pity would be the proper feeling.

The disgraceful part is not how mindef treats conscripts but how we allow mindef to treat conscripts.

So what do you suggest then?

• Praise 1

Not from good family how to justify giving deferment? Don't believe just ask the one who got 12 years deferment. 

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

if he chooses thailand theres a higher chance of playing in qatar 2022 or at least asian cup . if he chooses sg .... *snigger*

Twincharged

from another perspective ...

‘It's my game to lose’: New passport for the e-sports gamer going the extra mile in quest for SEA Games gold

Given the sheer number of obstacles Thomas Kopankiewicz has overcome in order to represent Singapore at the 30th SEA Games, the 23-year-old might have done well to be a hurdler rather than a gamer.

He has queued up to meet his local Member of Parliament, visited a government office thousands of kilometres away and filed a late appeal.

All this with one goal in mind - to represent Singapore at the multi-sport event which will be held in the Philippines from Nov 30 to Dec 11.

"I held on to the German passport because I thought that it was a part of my own identity, even though I am not very German ... I thought that was a piece of identity that I didn't want to lose. But, when this opportunity came, its like you have to do it."

"I am going to stay here for a long time, this is home, this is where I grew up, my friends are here, my connections are here, I know how things work. I love everything about this place, other than the weather - I hate the weather."

Kopankiewicz filed his paperwork to become a citizen in January and the clock was ticking. According to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA), citizenship applications usually take six to 12 months to process. 

↡ Advertisement