Ben Davis not allowed to defer NS for Fulham stint

Zxcvb

Twincharged
(edited)

Good for him that he made his choice.

He probably have a better future out there. 

Stay for what? Maybe even have to lose his life due to poor cultural problems in the forces. 

Life is all about make decisions. But well, still need to obey the law, if not anyone can just suka suka don't want to obey and then get away with it ? However no matter what.. Wish him best of soccer career ... 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

If he follow the team for pre season matches in singapore or (sign for liverpool big club) do our authority has the ball to detain and arrest him bearing in mind the sponsorship/world media coverage!

Just asking.

Edited by Kopites

If he follow the team for pre season matches in singapore or (sign for liverpool big club) do our authority has the ball to detain and arrest him bearing in mind the sponsorship/world media coverage!

Just asking.

Think about it this way.

Mindeaf got no other choice not to allow deferment. I mean these are people who like to win and make winning their priority even if they are in the wrong.

So pro winners making the choice for Ben. Go win and win big.

Can you imagine having the guy finally doing reservist when his insurance cover is worth millions?

Teaching a guy coming to fifty how to camouflage?

Medical board downgrade until PES G liaole.

Organization wise, Either you bend to Mindeaf or you dont. So by doing dont you get to be a winner (up to you)

What is the problem? More impetus for you to succeed as a legendary footballer yes?

Goal for it.

Mindeaf got problems of its own as is. Its nice to see you do well. Dun worry about what others say, end of the day its your income tax returns and how well you can provide for your family.

Rhetoric aside. Can we make money betting on you?

Ben take it as a positive negative. Most of us start careers post NSF. You get to start before.

Cheers.

P/s tiger barb

Malaysian? Ummmm NO.

If I have the wealth, I also will not want to stay in Singapore. 

Good for him. He doesn't have to return back to Singapore. There is nothing in Singapore for you.

It's just a small dot. Small dot with small mentality.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/footballer-ben-davis-fulham-makes-first-team-debut-11847718

SINGAPORE: Singaporean youngster Ben Davis made his first team debut for Fulham Football Club on Tuesday (Aug 27), coming on as a substitute in a Carabao Cup clash at home to Southampton.

The local footballer took to the field in the 89th minute as a substitute for Luca De Le Torre, as Championship outfit Fulham fell to a 1-0 defeat against the Premier League side.

Let's see if he can feature more for Fulham and continue to develop into a EPL player.

Good luck!

• Praise 1

I hope he does well and becomes a star. Then we see what would be the reaction of the authorities here. Whether they want to claim credit or not.

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

I hope he does well and becomes a star. Then we see what would be the reaction of the authorities here. Whether they want to claim credit or not.

Jit Tao fly there like this liao loh.....

redwire-singapore-grace-fu-olympics-joseph-schooling-3.jpg

• Praise 2

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:49 PM, clasher said:

Fulham is not even in the EPL 

Yes Fulham has dropped out of EPL but standard in English 2nd tier Championship is still not to be scoffed at. In fact, to be able to play in Europe is an achievement for any Asean player so let's give credit where credit is due. 

• Praise 5

22 minutes ago, Spring said:

Yes Fulham has dropped out of EPL but standard in English 2nd tier Championship is still not to be scoffed at. In fact, to be able to play in Europe is an achievement for any Asean player so let's give credit where credit is due. 

How to give credit when he does not even wanna fulfil his ns obligation?

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

How to give credit when he does not even wanna fulfil his ns obligation?

I'm talking about crediting him for being able to break through into the Fulham first team.

Anyway, as far as NS obligations are concerned, he never said he would not fulfil, he just asked for a deferment like Schooling and Quah.

• Praise 8

On 8/31/2019 at 12:49 PM, clasher said:

Fulham is not even in the EPL 

what i meant was 2-fold:

- whether he can develop into a first-team regular at Fulham

- and then hopefully if he does, he could also in the process help Fulham gain promotion back to EPL

• Praise 3

Substitute on the 89th minute is like Jeremy Lin (toronto raptors) playing the last few minutes (rubbish time) during one of the NBA finals match against golden state warrior. 

14 hours ago, Spring said:

...as far as NS obligations are concerned, he never said he would not fulfil, he just asked for a deferment like Schooling and Quah.

The diff is Ben Davis’ dad wants a blank cheque for deferment, cannot commit to a date when he will return to serve NS. 

Also, unlike the 2, Ben Davis is not representing Singapore but pursuing a professional career. 

• Praise 4

19 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

The diff is Ben Davis’ dad wants a blank cheque for deferment, cannot commit to a date when he will return to serve NS. 

Also, unlike the 2, Ben Davis is not representing Singapore but pursuing a professional career. 

His return will be dependent on how he far he can progress so in my opinion, as long as he commits to serve NS n represent Singapore National Team, it shld be fine. 

As for the claim that he is pursuing a professional career, isn’t Quah n Schooling doing the same albeit indirectly? ie going overseas to improve their sporting talents in a more professional environment so as to achieve sporting excellence. Granted swimmers are not professionals unlike footballers but that’s a consequence of the sport they are competing in. Just my 2 cents.....

• Praise 8

Father - British / Mother - Thai

Son being out of Singapore and does NOT have any close relationship or national identity with Singapore

Logically what is the use of legally forcing him to do NS when he does not even know how to say our pledge or sing our National Anthem.

As a native Singaporean, I seriously, think our authorities should let him go. 

Our authorities can take their punitive measures eg issue a do not issue a Singapore passport to him or just outright ban him from Singapore

My guess is Singapore authorities are just greedy, by making him do NS, they get the right to declare he is really a Singaporean and not just by name, so if he becomes another football star, then our authorities can go take picture with him like schooling.

Logically a compassionate administrator would think best for the country, then the individual then self but it seems they got their priorities upside down

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6