Ben Davis not allowed to defer NS for Fulham stint

Zxcvb

He should serve NS.

We need more cannon fodder so the rich people (and hopefully me!) can get more time to get off the island if there is really a war.

20 minutes ago, Beregond said:

we need to move on with him.

he dun even consider himself a singaporean

he is register as a british with fulham.

https://mothership.sg/2019/08/ben-davis-singapore-instagram/?fbclid=IwAR3PBL21iJCDE6UXIcW3TG2BJk9zyCwzPYvbJOq6n702b7bK9EjsuJkiaQU

i give him credit for signing for fulham. but it got nothing to do with us anymore

He registered as a British to get round the work permit issue in England. If he were to register as Singaporean, he won’t be able to get a work permit there so it’s logical he does this. Anyway, he has absconded n that means he will nvr come back. 

Davies aside, with the 2034 WC goal, it’s been widely reported by many experts that this NS issue is a major hurdle to attain that goal so the authorities will have to look at it holistically amongst other hurdles as well.

• Praise 9

4 hours ago, Spring said:

His return will be dependent on how he far he can progress so in my opinion, as long as he commits to serve NS n represent Singapore National Team, it shld be fine.....

He will still be fined. We had a very famous musician, returned to singapore to be charged and fined. Breaking the law and wanting to serve NS/represent singapore there after are 2 different matter.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Spring said:

His return will be dependent on how he far he can progress so in my opinion, as long as he commits to serve NS n represent Singapore National Team, it shld be fine. 

As for the claim that he is pursuing a professional career, isn’t Quah n Schooling doing the same albeit indirectly? ie going overseas to improve their sporting talents in a more professional environment so as to achieve sporting excellence. Granted swimmers are not professionals unlike footballers but that’s a consequence of the sport they are competing in. Just my 2 cents.....

He has 3 different citizenships.

Why would he be stupid enough to return? If he performs well, of course stay there and make the big bucks. If he doesn't perform well, come back and punish himself with NS?

• Praise 1

52 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Why would he be stupid enough to return? If he performs well, of course stay there and make the big bucks. If he doesn't perform well, come back and punish himself with NS?

If he do well, come back will kenna slap on the wrist.

All female MPs will scramble to take selfie with him.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 2

37 minutes ago, Kusje said:

I had suggested before that each case for sporting deferment should be reviewed by a panel of sports experts and judged based on its individual merit. We can't assume that these guys will abscond and not come back if they don't do well. Absconding and not returning is always a possibility for all enlistees, not only sportsmen so I don't see the difference between sportsmen vs other enlistees.

As this case is now water under the bridge, I won't want to continue harping on it but I do seriously hope that the authorities can relook on how deferments are being granted and approve the necessary deferments for deserving cases as otherwise we will continue to be amongst the sporting pauper countries.

If the authorities feel that our current rules are adequate then fine, we will live by it but then pls don't come up with goals like WC2034 and other sporting excellence dreams when our infrastructure is not supportive of deserving sportsmen. Pls also don't say serve your NS, then pursue your sporting dreams as that is about the most naïve statement to make cos we all know that 2 yrs lost whilst in the prime of your sporting life will leave you behind your peers and made nvr be made back. Otherwise, why do countries like South Korea allow deferments for their talented sportsmen and even musicians.

• Praise 9

3 hours ago, Spring said:

He registered as a British to get round the work permit issue in England. If he were to register as Singaporean, he won’t be able to get a work permit there so it’s logical he does this. Anyway, he has absconded n that means he will nvr come back. 

Davies aside, with the 2034 WC goal, it’s been widely reported by many experts that this NS issue is a major hurdle to attain that goal so the authorities will have to look at it holistically amongst other hurdles as well.

NS age is the most critical time for youth sports development.

There should be some work around.  Otherwise, 2034 WC is just mirage.

I know there are headcount constraint within NS.  How to increase birth rate also another national issue.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 4

7 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Most of our female MP's can be his lau aunties leow.... :secret-laugh:

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

Yes of course.

But if he does well, what's the incentive for him to come back? Take photos with hsien loong is not an incentive.

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

NS age is the most critical time for youth sports development.

There should be some work around.  Otherwise, 2034 WC is just mirage.

I know there are headcount constraint within NS.  How to increase birth rate also another national issue.

By 2024, there will be 30% less NSF per year.
Deferring, downgrading etc is not going to be as easy as anymore.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

already planned last time mentionbefore

even not pes A or B also can do combat .😅

korea with north korea at their border can allow their males to differ till 28.... 

2034 WC goal? Mai talk co*k lar... just an excuse to hire foreign players for short term glory

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

2034 WC is a mirage.

• Praise 1

Isn't against the LAW for a Singaporean to hold a foreign passport at the same time?

caveat: there is also another minister's children who got USA passport too. I cant remember the minister's name

• Praise 6

19 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Isn't against the LAW for a Singaporean to hold a foreign passport at the same time?

caveat: there is also another minister's children who got USA passport too. I cant remember the minister's name

He has to make a choice when he reached 21.

Unfortunately, he can't give up his Singapore passport as he hasn't serve NS.

That Kevin guy from Crazy Rich Asian is still a Singaporean, legally.

1 hour ago, Ash2017 said:

Not sure what has changed in the last 30 yr, but last time, can only give up SG citizenship on reaching 21. Any guy who wanna do that, will still have to serve NS on reaching 18 first. Finish serving the 2/2.5 yr, then will reach 21 yo and can renounce the citizenship.

My driver was like that. grew up and studying in aust, had to come back drive m113... after that, bye buy liao... his grandparents were here, so i guess that's the reason he didn't default - cos still wanna come back legally.

• Praise 4

13 hours ago, Davidtch said:

2034 WC is a mirage.

No worries, 2034 will come and goes quietly just like 2010 goals .... :we-all-gonna-die:

WTF our locals boys only exposed to South East Asia (majority in Malaysia & Indonesia Leagues) niah......

Talk Big Doesn't Cost $$$$$ :ignoring:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2