Ben Davis not allowed to defer NS for Fulham stint

Zxcvb

it's very human that each and everyone want to hold on to a "amdk" passport till the very last minute where "opportunity" is presented that it must be worth it to let go ...

simi sai identity? he said it himself that he is not very German AT ALL!

"I held on to the German passport because I thought that it was a part of my own identity, even though I am not very German ... I thought that was a piece of identity that I didn't want to lose. But, when this opportunity came, its like you have to do it."

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

This Guy issue is over and done with, who is Ben anyway ? his parent is to be flamed for not allowing his son to endorse NS liability, while My parent has no issue whatsoever of me performing NS, I have grown up to be a better person, adult and fatherhood, the basis principle of life is lost if one do not appreciate NS/ Reservist 13 yrs cycles, while I cannot agreed i have had my best years in NSF, mostly kenna " tekan " by superiors, those were the days of my youth/adolescent and adult years< too bad I guess Ben were born to an Ang Mo father who has little or no apathy for his son's future and consideration.

• Praise 2

When he became SG citizen, there is an oath he needs to take, being under age, his parents would have taken the oath on his behalf, and it is their duty to relate the oath to him when he grow up.

I, xx, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will not exercise the rights, powers and privileges to which I may be entitled by reason of any foreign nationality or citizenship, and that I absolutely and entirely renounce all loyalty to any foreign Sovereign or State or Country and, I, xx, do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Republic of Singapore, and that I will observe the laws and be a true, loyal and faithful citizen of Singapore.

After enjoying all the benefits of a citizen, with no intention to serve this country, I think it is fair to serve NS in return. After that he can revoke his SG citizenship, nobody going to really bother. He needs to fulfill his obligation to serve NS. This is quite straight forward.

On 11/21/2019 at 10:59 AM, laurietsk said:

When he became SG citizen, there is an oath he needs to take, being under age, his parents would have taken the oath on his behalf, and it is their duty to relate the oath to him when he grow up.

I, xx, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will not exercise the rights, powers and privileges to which I may be entitled by reason of any foreign nationality or citizenship, and that I absolutely and entirely renounce all loyalty to any foreign Sovereign or State or Country and, I, xx, do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Republic of Singapore, and that I will observe the laws and be a true, loyal and faithful citizen of Singapore.

After enjoying all the benefits of a citizen, with no intention to serve this country, I think it is fair to serve NS in return. After that he can revoke his SG citizenship, nobody going to really bother. He needs to fulfill his obligation to serve NS. This is quite straight forward.

He is such a coward and make use of the system lah. Just saw the news that even Jon Wong also served.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/singaporean-papuan-sea-games-rugby-jonathan-wong-12110020?

i think we need to leave this guy alone already .

our newspaper for a start. does those reporter have nothing else to report other then keep stirring this

another similar case. look like he wont be returning. i am just curious how he manage to have sg passport and uk passport at the same time.

https://mothership.sg/2021/10/harry-birtwistle-wolves/?fbclid=IwAR1w2J5stSKuzO3S1M6uw09a1R4grkidkVgkt3Rr_mh3gcPcTGXsHBWA-Io

On Friday (Oct. 29), the Singapore Ministry of Defence (Mindef) said Birtwistle's parents had applied to renounce his Singapore citizenship.

According to Mindef, Birtwistle is a Singapore citizen who had stayed in Singapore. He also carried a Singapore passport.

Under Singapore's Enlistment Act, all male Singaporeans are required to serve national service (NS) at age 18 or older.

Mindef said Birtwistle's applications were rejected as "renunciation should not be used as a means to evade NS duties".

Birtwistle's family had stated that he will not be registering for NS, according to Mindef.

Since then, Birtwistle has failed to register for NS as required.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

another similar case. look like he wont be returning. i am just curious how he manage to have sg passport and uk passport at the same time.

https://mothership.sg/2021/10/harry-birtwistle-wolves/?fbclid=IwAR1w2J5stSKuzO3S1M6uw09a1R4grkidkVgkt3Rr_mh3gcPcTGXsHBWA-Io

On Friday (Oct. 29), the Singapore Ministry of Defence (Mindef) said Birtwistle's parents had applied to renounce his Singapore citizenship.

According to Mindef, Birtwistle is a Singapore citizen who had stayed in Singapore. He also carried a Singapore passport.

Under Singapore's Enlistment Act, all male Singaporeans are required to serve national service (NS) at age 18 or older.

Mindef said Birtwistle's applications were rejected as "renunciation should not be used as a means to evade NS duties".

Birtwistle's family had stated that he will not be registering for NS, according to Mindef.

Since then, Birtwistle has failed to register for NS as required.

show us the oIo. song bo mindef? lol

"I'm so honoured to be standing here today as a Singapore-born professional footballer at a Premier League club. Hopefully, this can inspire others after me who don't believe they can do it."

his quote. hinting that you can disregard mindef. lol

Off topic, even tw give 4 month ns. dont think singaporean will try to skip if it is 4 months

Edited by Nolicense
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Got to salute Fandi Ahmad.

https://mustsharenews.com/fandi-national-service/

Fandi’s Sons Prove That National Service Is No Obstacle For Footballers 

this one bo bian.. not sure if they got uk passport... maybe if they get to start in the first 11 then diff story.

second bro is 19 so he started ns early? at 16-17?

Edited by Nolicense

The thing is during my bmt those sports ppl or national players of whatever sports I only see them during range or soc or other important training. More than half the time I dont see them with us in the camp. They are doing their sports training instead. After bmt I dunno where they go. So relac already still want to siam ns.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1