COE Bidding – 2nd Round of July 2018

Carbon82

I think ADs started bidding alr. Kmc submitted bid for us. But alr out-bidded

With the large orders, ADs have already placed their bids and are happy for some PIs to up theirs.

Unless yours is 1 bid guaranteed COE.

If yours is 4 bid guaranteed COE, they may choose not to give u the COE at this point of time.

That means they will top up at their cost- if they choose to bid higher right?

4 bid means they will secure it no matter what the price is and you do not need to top up at your end?

Let the waiting game start!

That means they will top up at their cost- if they choose to bid higher right?

4 bid means they will secure it no matter what the price is and you do not need to top up at your end?

Let the waiting game start!

Yup.. Usually if the COE suddenly go up, they will wait till the last bid.. the 4th bidding.

When they bo bian have to secure your COE, they will top it up at no cost.

Ya. Mine was submitted 12+pm. AD won’t revise bid right?

They might, depending on their margins. When BM bidded for me earlier this year, they revised it otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it that round.

(edited)

Ya. Mine was submitted 12+pm. AD won’t revise bid right?

I don't think they will revise the bid after submission? My AD bid $34k, 6 bids guaranteed. For the price they sold the car to me, they only left with a margin of about $10,000 to play with.

Edited by JamesonX

There is no need for you all to speculate. Will be minimum $34k. My AD already bid that amount. The SE say 50%-50% chance  at $34k cause too many orders. The deliveries also stack all the way until Nov already. Can imagine this is only 1 AD, there are so many other ADs and PIs.

2qmjcpi.jpg

Thanks for the info! Wow, they put in the bid so early!

(edited)

So looks like the ADs already put in their bids. Now need to see if the PIs will follow. If not, then should close around 31-32K level.

Edited by Linusss

There is no need for you all to speculate. Will be minimum $34k. My AD already bid that amount. The SE say 50%-50% chance at $34k cause too many orders. The deliveries also stack all the way until Nov already. Can imagine this is only 1 AD, there are so many other ADs and PIs.

2qmjcpi.jpg

Then COE will be high until November?!?!?

So looks like the ADs already put in their bids. Now need to see if the PIs will follow. If not, then should close around 31-32K level.

I guess the ADs would prefer to close it at the $32k level too. This weekend can psycho those going to showroom that COE will shoot up, get more customers to sign on the paper.

But this time round got 1200 more bids that the quota. Quite scary on how many signed for new cars last 2 weekends.

(edited)

Wouldn't bah. You can do an estimate using the basic car cost data from LTA and the price at which ADs sold the car this time round. They confirm will not want to make a loss for sure.

My AD bid $34k and has a profit margin of $10k. I don't think it will go beyond $44k in the next few months.

Stop already. Maybe the ADs came and read this thread and realized the folly of their ways...

Actually the ADs submitted their bid at 12.00pm. It's the parallel importers' game right now?

Am now waiting to see CAT B COE results. Most buyers signed for VES Neutral CAT A cars. CAT B might give you a surprise !

Edited by JamesonX

Hi everyone

newbie here and my first post :)

Following the COE bids. CAT A very fierce.

maybe i am asking a noob question here - is it typical for Cat B bids to be so low vs quota at this time (<3 hours to bid closing)?

I booked a Cat B car last week and hence monitoring the bids now. 

Cheers

robin

usually the action starts around the last 15mins. today is exceptional [hur]

.... don't listen too much.. they are salesman... they will never ever tell you COE will drop and ask you to wait...  <_< ... (you wait.. they eat grass...)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1