COE Bidding – 2nd Round of July 2018

Carbon82

Yesterday economy numbers so bad still dare to chiong to bang walls, so bravo, so where got poor in Sg (when kopi increased 10c then kpkb)

↡ Advertisement

.... don't listen too much.. they are salesman... they will never ever tell you COE will drop and ask you to wait...  <_< ... (you wait.. they eat grass...)

My AD did advice me to wait if I opt for CAT B car.

He told me the past weekend (after first round of July COE result), 2 days already way exceeded their target for the entire month. Another reason is because their cars shipment for next 2 rounds are all fully booked. There is no pressure for them need to lie and close deal.

My AD did advice me to wait if I opt for CAT B car.

He told me the past weekend (after first round of July COE result), 2 days already way exceeded their target for the entire month. Another reason is because their cars shipment for next 2 rounds are all fully booked. There is no pressure for them need to lie and close deal.

I think CAT B car can wait too. COE is like a zero sum game.

More people scrap car => more COE quota => but also means more people need new car. Seems like the lower CAT A COE had channeled some of the CAT B people to go and purchase CAT A cars too.

But need to consider those entering to break their vicious famine cycle, as in those who bought at $70k COE. If not when their COE ends the same old thing of high COE happens.

Turbocharged

Margins are razor thin – distributors seem more anxious to fulfill sales target to principal than worry about their margins.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

maybe its me?

cos i'm buying a car.. the other time when i wanted to buy a bezza, after 6 bid, i also never get the car.

Maybe it also applies  for this time  [:p]

Margins are razor thin – distributors seem more anxious to fulfill sales target to principal than worry about their margins.

LOL

I don't think the PIs will want to come in this round. As such, should close around this current level for Cat A

Nowadays PIs focus on CatB cars

wow...3052 bids received already, for 1443 COE Cat A quota

Does number of bids play a role in the price? If there is a large number of bids that are Low, will COE price increase? Kind of confused ...

Does number of bids play a role in the price? If there is a large number of bids that are Low, will COE price increase? Kind of confused ...

not really affect the price as we don't know how much are they bidding...

However this is good indication of strong demand... so many people needs a COE

Twincharged

This mean Demand greater than Supply, what do you think how price will head .

wont be too high la. all ADs want to protect their margins. who will anyhow bid high high.

• Praise 2

(edited)

This mean Demand greater than Supply, what do you think how price will head .

Seems like that additional 3,000 COEs for Aug - Oct wiped out by marginal buyer liao.

Edited by JamesonX
  • Praise 1

wont be too high la. all ADs want to protect their margins. who will anyhow bid high high.

Agree. As long as there is not U/G to bid aggressively, dealers will bid at the lowest possible successful price that they will clinch COE with maximum margin.
  • Praise 1

Agree. As long as there is not U/G to bid aggressively, dealers will bid at the lowest possible successful price that they will clinch COE with maximum margin.

Many of the car deliveries also stretch to Oct/Nov for ADs. Got plenty of time to spread out their COE bids.

Twincharged

its an semi cartel formed... everyone knows no one will end up well if they bid aggressively and under cut each other.

↡ Advertisement