Manchester United 18/19

kdash

Year in year out , new season has fresh beginning, and I believe young guns are firing well ahead of the hectic schedule, pre season helps to shape the team, just be careful of not exerting too much may caused injury later, pretty concern for Aaron Wan and David James. 

Prefer thy play their own game and enjoy the comradeship instead of truing too hard to please the fans and journalist.

I believe the young guns pay attention to asst Coach M Garrick and Sols's style of play, it will pay dividend. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

ManU 4 (Rashford x 2-Pen), Martial, James - Chelsea 0 (Home)

What an impressive start of the season. The wins by Citeh and Liverpool pales in comparison, even though the score line was similar, to this enormous win over Lampard's team. As impressive as Wan-Bissaka, Greenwood and James, I think the main person to be credited for this win was the energetic Pogba who was the main playmaker, especially his pinpoint pass to Rashford, moreso with his transfer not concluded. Glory days ahead!

Pogba overplayed too much at times. Losing unnecessary possession.

ManU 1 (Martial) - Wolves 1 (Away)

Two points lost when the showboater missed a penalty in the 2nd half after Martial gave us the lead in the first. Rashford should have taken it but Pogba wanted to have his name on the scoresheet and Wolves were the winners in this second game of the season of whom were much better opponents compared to Chelsea last week. Ole!

ManU 1 (Greenwood) -- Astana 0 (Europa Cup - Home)

With youth (Fred, Gomes, Greenwood, Dalot, Chong, Tuanzebe, Romero) over experience (Rasford, Matic, Jones, Rojo), we had most of the possession but the link-up was poor against Astana, a premier league team from Kazakhstan . Many chances went a-begging and nothing to show for when the halftime whistle blew.

Both Lingaard and Mata came on for Chong and Gomes in the 68th minute and it was the 17 year old Greenwood who broke the deadlock in the 73rd minute. Even when Ashley Young came on for Rojo later, we hung on for a laboured and measly win.

ManU 3  - Bha 1 (Home)

An own deflected goal by after Pereira struck a defender put us up 1-0 and 2 minutes later at the 18th minute, Mctominay got us the 2nd goal after a goalmouth scramble with VAR confirmation.

The 2nd half saw Brighton and Hove Albion scoring from a corner at the 64th minute but Rashford (who could have scored at least 3 more) scored a minute later from Martial's pass. The younger lads like Mctominay (who was again injured at the last whistle), Wan Bissaka and Dan James have been most impressive this season. A 2-week international break for him to hopefully recover.

ManU (og/Rashford) - Avl 1 (Home)

A lapse of concentration by De Gea gave Aston Villa their 1st goal @13mins who had more possession. The midfield is still a works-in-progress with the Brazilian duo of Fred and Pereira showing no quality. Rashford equalised when he headed in the ball @43rd min that bounced off their goalie's back to even the score at half-time.

A pass by Fred into the penalty area found Lindelöf who headed the ball in but Aston Villa equalised immediately in the 63rd minute. Another draw in as many games and still at mid-table, hopefully Pogba and Mctominay will make a difference for the next game.

51 minutes ago, Jamez1311 said:

Next game spurs. Old boss vs new boss. Ole better win else really hard to see him last longer.... 

Hope he loses then can get rid of him soon. Don't understand why MU owners are still keeping him. MU is no longer the team I supported during AF times. 

so what do u guys thk - go or stay?

although im super frustrated too but  I thk he is trying to work something. more deadwood will be gone like matic, rojo, mata incl

and most of the time he was on a really thin squad. he has placed wrong faith on Pogba, sold lukaku but the general direction seem right. I thk he deserves the time for another 2 more additions. a CM and a striker.  

On 12/2/2019 at 2:29 AM, Locknload said:

A lapse of concentration by De Gea gave Aston Villa their 1st goal @13mins who had more possession. The midfield is still a works-in-progress with the Brazilian duo of Fred and Pereira showing no quality. Rashford equalised when he headed in the ball @43rd min that bounced off their goalie's back to even the score at half-time.

A pass by Fred into the penalty area found Lindelöf who headed the ball in but Aston Villa equalised immediately in the 63rd minute. Another draw in as many games and still at mid-table, hopefully Pogba and Mctominay will make a difference for the next game.

u know for the longest time I thk DG should be sold. last season end his performance and mistakes easily add to 10 points lost.

i am not yet at #oleout .

i think the direction is correct. I think if get a strong spine to the team, results will improve. I feel that we are 1, maybe 2 very good CMs away from good results. Question is if we can get them

6 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Hope he loses then can get rid of him soon. Don't understand why MU owners are still keeping him. MU is no longer the team I supported during AF times. 

By statistics available in internet. He has the worst among last 3 managers. 

So unless the board really give realistic targets to buy in Jan. 

Else should let him go if lost to spurs

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:29 AM, Locknload said:

ManU 2 (Rashford) - Tot 1 (Home)

Good passes and high pressing resulted in Rashford scoring off a pass from Lingaard in the 6th min. Our defence was again in shambles by allowing the ball to continue floating around the penalty box as Son could have scored but Dele Alli did the honours. Both Lindelöf and Maguire seem to be off-form and Maguire is not worth the money spent with only AWB worth his salt.

The 2nd half  had a perfect start as Rashford scored after being fouled to convert the penalty after 2 minutes with De Gea making few good saves throughout the rest of the game. The youngsters seem much better than the old guards and Lingaard and Mata should be sold and Pogba out for too long to be of any reason to keep him. No reprieve for Mourino but Ole can breathe a sigh of relief for now.

11 hours ago, Locknload said:

ManU 2 (Rashford) - Tot 1 (Home)

Good passes and high pressing resulted in Rashford scoring off a pass from Lingaard in the 6th min. Our defence was again in shambles by allowing the ball to continue floating around the penalty box as Son could have scored but Dele Alli did the honours. Both Lindelöf and Maguire seem to be off-form and Maguire is not worth the money spent with only AWB worth his salt.

The 2nd half  had a perfect start as Rashford scored after being fouled to convert the penalty after 2 minutes with De Gea making few good saves throughout the rest of the game. The youngsters seem much better than the old guards and Lingaard and Mata should be sold and Pogba out for too long to be of any reason to keep him. No reprieve for Mourino but Ole can breathe a sigh of relief for now.

I think there is a lack of leader on the field. We used to have players like Bryan Robson to guide and lead and set an example. There is a lack of one like him now. I am not going to mention Roy Keane. He might not be the best example but if he is in the team now, he would give a "rude awakening" to each of the players in today's first eleven. 

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:54 PM, Yuan said:

I think there is a lack of leader on the field. We used to have players like Bryan Robson to guide and lead and set an example. There is a lack of one like him now. I am not going to mention Roy Keane. He might not be the best example but if he is in the team now, he would give a "rude awakening" to each of the players in today's first eleven. 

Agree that Roy (the best capitano imo) would be able to "spur" them on but maybe abit harsh for these kids to take his tough-love approach. Looks like Maguire would be the captain for the derby at 1.30am later.

↡ Advertisement