Manchester United 18/19

kdash

Honestly, expectations are low for me. Can get top 4 i happy liao

I'm praying a meltdown like Chelsea before JM was sacked will not happen with us.

I'm praying a meltdown like Chelsea before JM was sacked will not happen with us.

Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Sigh.

Honestly, expectations are low for me. Can get top 4 i happy liao

looking at the transfer this season and how the pre season look... quite worried top 4 also hard fight  [shakehead]

maybe having this will be better... then can change manager

Transfer clock running down....

can't even get a decent player and if buy is going to high $$$

Season already looking bad start..

No worries...... [rolleyes]

Without any signing, ManU still strong as last season  ... [sly]

Glad we didn't sign any players on last day. We will just be paying over the top for players which were not our top targets.

Glad we didn't sign any players on last day. We will just be paying over the top for players which were not our top targets.

i was hoping for a signing of Mina from Barcelona and sell Rojo to Everton...

that would be a good deal in my view...

And JM loan out youngsters and be dependent on Jones/Smalling or Rojo now for our challenge to crowd...

i think not a good sign.

Turbocharged

Bring Zidane in lah...xibeh sian everyday watching park the bus tactics...kns

back to the swashbuckling attacking style of football please..

Missed the Man U teams that have Beckham, Keane, Irwin, Neville brothers, Cole, Yorke, Sheringham etc. Most importantly, the magical moments when Man U scored 2 goals in dying minutes to win the Champions League.

• Praise 1

i was hoping for a signing of Mina from Barcelona and sell Rojo to Everton...

that would be a good deal in my view...

And JM loan out youngsters and be dependent on Jones/Smalling or Rojo now for our challenge to crowd...

i think not a good sign.

Not sure if Mina is an upgrade over our current DFs so no comment. No doubt our defense could use an upgrade but the reinforcement should have come in earlier. Once we are desperate, we are prone to paying crazy $. So i'm glad there wasn't any last min panic buy.

Yes, no doubt slightly disappointed over the lack of transfer activities... this also give the opportunity for those with us to prove their worth.

Defend - Is time for Lindelof & Bailly to prove themselves as established CB with Jones & Smalling to backup. With no new winger added, Shaw should grap this opportunity to try to take back the LB position from Young. Young can also backup Valencia in RB. The new guy Dalot will be good cover as well with time to bed in.

Midfield - Pereira should be given his chance & if he can deliver, is as good as any new signing. Fred should be a good addition... if Pogba can continue with his World Cup form & be consistent, we'll have a very strong midfield... There're still Matic & Herrera there as well.

Attack - Lukaku will be the point of attack.. keep him fit & provide him with good supply & he'll deliver the goods. Sanchez now that he's with the team for half a season liao & hopefully he can rediscover his Arsenal form & he'll add to our attack potency. Rashford will have more chances to prove his worth & Lingard to buzz around as usual... Martial... if Mourinho & him can comes to terms & bring back his confidence & form.

On the fringe... we've some exciting youngster such as Chong & Gomes... if the boss can give them some chances in the League Cup.

In terms of players... we're alright... is how the boss can put them together into a winning & exciting team.

All the best to the new season  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

ManU 2 (Pogba-pen / Shaw) - Lei 1 (Vardy)

The pre-opening match with Fred and Pereira having their debut for the new season. To repay the morale-boosting and wearing the Captain's armband to show JM's confidence in him, Pogba scored from a penalty in the 3rd minute. After the first 10 minutes, we could not stamp our authority and Leicester had more of the possession till half-time, with De Gea making a point-blank save in the 28th minute and living up to his golden gloves award. 

Lukaku came on for Rashford in the 2nd half and almost scored with only Schmeichel to beat and Luke Shaw scored the 2nd goal with Vardy pulling back a goal for Claude Puel's team. Fred had a better showing than Sanchez, who is yet to show his potential and justify his top wages at ManU. Next up is Brighton on Sunday - GGMU!

• Praise 1

ManU 2 (Pogba-pen / Shaw) - Lei 1 (Vardy)

The pre-opening match with Fred and Pereira having their debut for the new season. To repay the morale-boosting and wearing the Captain's armband to show JM's confidence in him, Pogba scored from a penalty in the 3rd minute. After the first 10 minutes, we could not stamp our authority and Leicester had more of the possession till half-time, with De Gea making a point-blank save in the 28th minute and living up to his golden gloves award.

Lukaku came on for Rashford in the 2nd half and almost scored with only Schmeichel to beat and Luke Shaw scored the 2nd goal with Vardy pulling back a goal for Claude Puel's team. Fred had a better showing than Sanchez, who is yet to show his potential and justify his top wages at ManU. Next up is Brighton on Sunday - GGMU!

the penalty was more of Pogba snatching it away from Sanchez though

Turbocharged

Sadly, the current Jose M's Man United team looks suspiciously like the same Chelsea team which imploded and lost match after match in the 2015-2016 season.

It took a change in manager to stave off late relegation for the Blues...

Are we seeing that now in the Red Devils? [shakehead]

Haiz...this guy is poisonous..this Special One...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1