Liverpool Football Club - 2018/19 season YNWA

Akula

Really dum understand klopp

Left only a few minutes then sub porridge in when the front 3 cannot make it throughout the match

The inevitable happen

Shit

Turbocharged

The midfield was entirely missing. After Milner was subbed, Napoli simply over ran the midfield

Should have brought in Sturridge and Shaq way earlier. 

Look to me that Klopp just wanted to draw this game but the plan backfired.

Napoli a very good team

Pool made them look good. They look ordinary to me. If they are good, they would have beaten Pool by 3-4 goals today because Pool was really poor.

Pool made them look good. They look ordinary to me. If they are good, they would have beaten Pool by 3-4 goals today because Pool was really poor.

Yeah agree. They are no way as good as Chelsea but lucky for them we were also a pale comparison of our performance against chelsea. 

For me, we scored last min equaliser against chelsea and today we lost to a last minute goal. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose - hopefully more often we win. The group now very tight for the top 3. As long as we win our remaining 2 home games and also beat red star away we should be ok. Somehow red star was able to hold them to a draw on match day 1 which i guess was a favour to us as long as we beat them home and away. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Made to look very ordinary and pedestrian.

We were devoid of ideas and somehow just unable to raise the tempo.

Is it because of tiredness?

Hopefully this defeat is not too damaging to our progression in CL.

Next up, ManC at home.

Surely this will be a game that dun need any reason to raise the tempo and go all out.

YNWA

• Praise 1

Made to look very ordinary and pedestrian.

We were devoid of ideas and somehow just unable to raise the tempo.

Is it because of tiredness?

Hopefully this defeat is not too damaging to our progression in CL.

Next up, ManC at home.

Surely this will be a game that dun need any reason to raise the tempo and go all out.

YNWA

I don't think we were "made" to look ordinary and pedestrian - we simply were.

I guess we all knew Liverpool's form could not last forever.

At least the 2 losses so far were not in the league - Carabao cup loss may be good in retrospect; CL at least we still have plenty

of games to make it right

It's just a bit worrying that our new midfielders haven't gelled and our front 3 doesn't seem to be clicking.. but yet they've scored plenty

and last season, it was even worse at the beginning and we really kicked on in the Autumn

Here's hoping this repeats itself and we pick ourselves up for the Man C game - I think we will!

I watched the replay. I feel the main problem was midfield was having an off day. Liverpool played badly in this game. Hope this will wake them up before the match against Man City. 

Midfield of JH, Milner and Gini. Away....

Zero creativity. And now Keita injured!

Yeah, i think Shaq and Stur gotta be given a chance to start. Give the front 3 some pressure, else they think they sure start and start slacking

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

Watching the game, I somehow got the feeling that JK did not set out his team to win. While he has put up his strongest starting line up (with probably the exception of Naby Keita replacing Jordon Henderson), there is no bite from the front three. Whenever LFC has procession of the ball, they were contended of just passing the ball in their own half instead of venturing forward.

The only conclusion I can draw is that JK wants to preserve his team for this weekend's top of the table showdown with Man City and probably felt that getting a draw in Napoli is good enough.

If this is the case, then I can't blame the players. This is just the game strategy and if LFC win against Man City on Saturday, I'm sure many bros here will soon forget this morning's result.

Pool looked very flat last night. I think fatigue has certainly set up especially since almost all the same players had a difficult and intense game at Stamford Bridge on Saturday evening. 

To travel in Italy and to face another intense game against Napoli probably showed that the players aren't fresh enough.  

Tactically, I think Ancelotti found the set up to stifle Pool and the game was won probably in midfield. 

For Salah, let's not be too critical. He wasn't the only player off colors last evening. It was said at moment he receives the ball, Napoli will double up players on him. Hence, he didnt have the space to work the ball at all. 

Pool need to pick itself up for sunday's game versus city. Hopefully the anfield faithful will give the team a lift, which is badly needed att this time. 

case for salah, while he is sort of being man marked, his first touch and ball holding is horrendous to say the least.

Its time for shaqril to step up and be counted.

TAA was totally exposed and MIA a couple of times and gomez had to cover up for him.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

case for salah, while he is sort of being man marked, his first touch and ball holding is horrendous to say the least.

Its time for shaqril to step up and be counted.

TAA was totally exposed and MIA a couple of times and gomez had to cover up for him.

yes very true. salah's touches all salah liao. defenders don need to do much to defend him. TAA kena bullied last nite as salah didnt help at all.

↡ Advertisement