Liverpool Football Club - 2018/19 season YNWA

Akula

(edited)

Please don't play sturridge again... Origi, Ox, shaq, milner all are way better.

Edited by Extinguisher
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

I feel for this season, the team has done their best, win or don't win is really destiny already. 

There is really nothing we should complain if we don't win.

My only concern is that if we don't win, we may get stuck in the "nearly men" zone for a long long time. Human psychology is powerful, when you get stuck being 2nd best, it will take even more effort the following year or next season to overcome that zone. This is why champions can remain very long being champions and 2nd best can be stuck there for a long time too.

• Praise 8

Turbocharged

I feel for this season, the team has done their best, win or don't win is really destiny already. 

My only concern is that if we don't win, we may get stuck in the "nearly men" zone for a long long time. Human psychology is powerful, when you get stuck being 2nd best, it will take even more effort the following year or next season to overcome that zone. This is why champions can remain very long being champions and 2nd best can be stuck there for a long time too.

Brendan Rodgers runner-up EPL season in 2013-14 season was dependant on the 3S - Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge. But his model was not sustainable when both Suarez and Sterling moved on, resulting in his being sacked in Oct 2015. Stevie G is also past his prime.

This is Klopp's 3rd season as LFC coach who has rebuilt up a team which has a sustainable model to win some major silverware ie EPL or UCL or both. Even if we end up trophyless this season, the next season will still be on track to sustain the momentum. All the core spine players have already extended their contracts with no intention of quitting. With some culling and good new addtions/promotions, the sky is the limit for sure.

Of course Klopp has still to prove it by going across the final line asap. Still keeping fingers cross for some miracle to happen.

:D

• Praise 7

Hypersonic

Jamie Vardy's wife is a Pool fan

and she tweeted no sex for Jamie

if Leicester don't win.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

I see Leicester game is Key inorder for Pool to be Champs.

Brighton being Safe.. Sure cant trouble Man city de

Common BR.. Do your part.. U once take Pool salary u know.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

True. Even though we r fighting against a team well worth more than 500 million pounds. And that is underestimated due to man City manipulation of FFP.

But people only remember the Victors lol.

• Praise 4

No champions league for man u, serve them right and especially for their fans that wishes for city to beat them instead of letting liverpool win the league. I hope they can play in europa league forever..

• Praise 8

Supercharged

Pool's pt total of 94 pts was only bettered twice in EPL's history. Chelsea had a 95 pt season and City's 100 pts total last season. 

that's the degree of achievement made by Klopp's team thiis season.

to his credit, Klopp has avoided talks of disappointment should Pool miss the title despite this incredible challenge. I think he has taken the line of thought well as so often than not, the 2nd place will be seen as significant failure and disappointment to the extent that it affects the next season's performance... it is sometimes difficult to go thru the same emotions of doing so much yet getting so little return ..  Klopp's line was also been to focus on the progress and less on the tangible achievements. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Cardiff gone. So Brighton safe got nothing to play in their last home match.

hope with less baggage Brighton can play better and troubles city.

Brighton draw away to asernal so there will be hope they can draw at home on their last game.

still got chance!

Supercharged

Brighton draw away to asernal so there will be hope they can draw at home on their last game.

still got chance!

eh.. it is City leh.  Arsenal is a bit hot and cold.. mostly cold in the last few games.  

City has coasted by almost every team in its last 12 game winning run.  Cant see how the freight train gonna stop by lowly Brighton, who has nothing left to play but potential spoilers.  

• Praise 2

Supersonic

eh.. it is City leh. Arsenal is a bit hot and cold.. mostly cold in the last few games.

City has coasted by almost every team in its last 12 game winning run. Cant see how the freight train gonna stop by lowly Brighton, who has nothing left to play but potential spoilers.

I am a stubborn men..I still harbour hope Brighton can hold out city for a 1 :1 draw at home.
  • Praise 2

I agree with what other bros say about being too offensive may result in us conceding goals against Bacra and making it all the more impossible to overturn a 3-0 deficit. However, based on what I see from LFC's games since Klopp took charge, being offensive is one of the best defence strategy by pinning the opposition in their defensive half. As such, I would still prefer an all out approach and hopefully we can get an early goal to start the onslaught.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I am a stubborn men..I still harbour hope Brighton can hold out city for a 1 :1 draw at home.

Supercharged

I agree with what other bros say about being too offensive may result in us conceding goals against Bacra and making it all the more impossible to overturn a 3-0 deficit. However, based on what I see from LFC's games since Klopp took charge, being offensive is one of the best defence strategy by pinning the opposition in their defensive half. As such, I would still prefer an all out approach and hopefully we can get an early goal to start the onsla

Pool's defense hasn't been that water tight since Christmas. we even conceded 2 at St James park, against a very mediocre attack.  I fear that although Pool looks likely to score at least a couple of goals against Barca (provided salah is fit), I think it wont be enough as the odd goal conceded will easily put paid to all of Pool's goals even if they come. 

Lovren should be sold this summer.. his performance has been nowhere good enough and often times, he cant be reliable.  Matip has improved this season and we are still waiting for Gomez to regain full fitness.  We still need to buy at least 1 more CB even if Lovren is not sold.   

Twincharged

Jamie Vardy's wife is a Pool fan

and she tweeted no sex for Jamie

if Leicester don't win. [thumbsup]

Glad to know another pool fan is also doing her part

No champions league for man u, serve them right and especially for their fans that wishes for city to beat them instead of letting liverpool win the league. I hope they can play in europa league forever..

Not Europa forever lah.. one or two seasons

Follow by relegation

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2