Liverpool Football Club - 2018/19 season YNWA

Akula

Our MF is well stocked, save for a creative AM. 

So its our defence + forwards. 

↡ Advertisement

My take for this season, Liverpool are right up there with MC. This is not based on pure luck or onetime wonder sort of things, the team have matured and gel very well together as a unit and things will only get even better under Klopp.

Only thing Liverpool lack this season is just that little little bit of good fortune, like in those 7 games we drew as we might have just nick it for any one of those game and easily change from the 1 point to 3 points. There are instances where our ball almost crosses over the goal line, where as a MC goal was awarded after it crosses the goal line with about the same margin <+/-10% of the ball. That Leicester game where VK should had been send off for the high leg tackle before he scored that spectacular sole winning goal.

But hey our season are still on and not over yet with one more final to go. There is a very high chance for a trophy to end this season.

I will continue proudly wearing the 3 jerseys for this season until I get new one for the next season in a few months time. Lately notice lots of Liverpool supporters when I am out on weekend by the jersey they are wearing, whether it is latest design, the past seasons one or even those retro design one and we are not shy to show who we are supporting. I predicated for the coming season The Reds jersey will be selling like hotcake.

YNWA  [bounce1]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Our weaknesses is we have only 2 great centre backs. We need 3.

We need to get de ligt.

Lucky VVD has his number.

:D

• Praise 2

(edited)

Pool achievement for 2018/2019 is .... [thumbsup]  [smash]  :a-happy:

a) two Golden Boot awards (Mane & Salah)

b) one Golden Glove award (AB)

c) one POTY award by PFA ( VVD)

d) one POTY award by Press & clubs (VVD)

e) best assist (13 assist) (TAA)

one more to collect - UCL .. :we-all-gonna-die:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Heard rumours that VVD had been included for the European highest award which Messi & Ronaldo won many times....    [bounce2]

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Turbocharged

Pool achievement for 2018/2019 is .... [thumbsup]  [smash]  :a-happy:

a) two Golden Boot awards (Mane & Salah)

b) one Golden Glove award (AB)

c) one POTY award by PFA ( VVD)

d) one POTY award by Press & clubs (VVD)

e) best assist (13 assist) (TAA)

one more to collect - UCL .. :we-all-gonna-die:

The UCL trophy is a must especially when we got a 2nd in EPL after a historic record battle.  No 2nd place teams had ever got a 97 points even when you look at all the 5 top leagues in Europe.

When players battle that hard, but they still could not get medals, it is easy to get demotivated.  My worry then is some top clubs start hanging carrot and massive wage increase infront of our players. Some may then feel unsettled and even tempted. 

UCL will be that saving grace if we win it. At least the players have some medals to stay put.

• Praise 2

The UCL trophy is a must especially when we got a 2nd in EPL after a historic record battle. No 2nd place teams had ever got a 97 points even when you look at all the 5 top leagues in Europe.

When players battle that hard, but they still could not get medals, it is easy to get demotivated. My worry then is some top clubs start hanging carrot and massive wage increase infront of our players. Some may then feel unsettled and even tempted.

UCL will be that saving grace if we win it. At least the players have some medals to stay put.

It's good that pool has a good example of philippe coutinho to show that life is not always rosy at the other side.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

ok end season. sharing with all my fellow brothers and sisters...hmmmm no sister here. LOL.

bye bye 18/19. I love you all.

Edited by Kopites

Supercharged

The UCL trophy is a must especially when we got a 2nd in EPL after a historic record battle.  No 2nd place teams had ever got a 97 points even when you look at all the 5 top leagues in Europe.

When players battle that hard, but they still could not get medals, it is easy to get demotivated.  My worry then is some top clubs start hanging carrot and massive wage increase infront of our players. Some may then feel unsettled and even tempted. 

Just a joke I saw from Facebook

post-5639-0-78673900-1557767036.jpeg

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Our MF is well stocked, save for a creative AM.

So its our defence + forwards.

The real reason is we don't have creative goal scoring midfielders.

As much as I like fabinho, JH and gini. We don't really need all 3 on one team. That's why we had such trouble against wolves other than the goals we scored.

Keita is possibly one. But he seems to get Injured often.

Yes we need another AMC.

Gk. Reserve to Alison since mignolet likely won't stay.

Dc. Someone to switch with lovren?

Rb and lb. Some cover to the established two.

Attacking midfielder. Esp if u don't play firminho.

Forward. Someone to keep the front 3 on their toes. Sell sturridge.

Edited by Lala81

Hypersonic

My take for this season, Liverpool are right up there with MC. This is not based on pure luck or onetime wonder sort of things, the team have matured and gel very well together as a unit and things will only get even better under Klopp.

Only thing Liverpool lack this season is just that little little bit of good fortune, like in those 7 games we drew as we might have just nick it for any one of those game and easily change from the 1 point to 3 points. There are instances where our ball almost crosses over the goal line, where as a MC goal was awarded after it crosses the goal line with about the same margin <+/-10% of the ball. That Leicester game where VK should had been send off for the high leg tackle before he scored that spectacular sole winning goal.

But hey our season are still on and not over yet with one more final to go. There is a very high chance for a trophy to end this season.

I will continue proudly wearing the 3 jerseys for this season until I get new one for the next season in a few months time. Lately notice lots of Liverpool supporters when I am out on weekend by the jersey they are wearing, whether it is latest design, the past seasons one or even those retro design one and we are not shy to show who we are supporting. I predicated for the coming season The Reds jersey will be selling like hotcake.

YNWA [bounce1]

I'm not really happy with the last Jersey I bought for the 17/18. It didn't even last a month before the white sticky trim around the collar started disintegrating. And the comfort level of the Jersey also is suboptimal. My older warrior Jersey from 13/14 also.

It's not as good as Nike or Adidas.

Warrior is essentially NB. so for the tome being, no interest in getting more.

I'm not really happy with the last Jersey I bought for the 17/18. It didn't even last a month before the white sticky trim around the collar started disintegrating. And the comfort level of the Jersey also is suboptimal. My older warrior Jersey from 13/14 also.

It's not as good as Nike or Adidas.

Warrior is essentially NB. so for the tome being, no interest in getting more.

How do you wash it, actually it is best to just hand wash to preserve all the printing and trimming.

But I hack care also, just flip it over inside out and dump it into the washing machine. Actually I prefer those previous Adidas version also but due to age the printing also start to shows some crack lines.

Turbocharged

oh no.....the team is going for warm weather training at that cursed place Marbella. why the hell they keep going there!?!? dont the management ever learn?!

Turbocharged

Got this off the net, earnings by Liverpool based on league standing and TV. We are the highest in terms of matches televised, with ManC 2nd on 26 games televised.

Prize money is for finishing second and all clubs will get the “equal share”

1. Liverpool

Actual league position: 2nd

Matches televised: 29

TV income: £33.5million

Prize money: £36.1million

Equal share: £79.4million

Total: £149million

Not including CL (quite substantial) and Cup games (negligible)

Hopefully with CL receipts, we can go out to replace those leaving, preferably an upgrade.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

The real reason is we don't have creative goal scoring midfielders.

As much as I like fabinho, JH and gini. We don't really need all 3 on one team. That's why we had such trouble against wolves other than the goals we scored.

Keita is possibly one. But he seems to get Injured often.

Yes we need another AMC.

Gk. Reserve to Alison since mignolet likely won't stay.

Dc. Someone to switch with lovren?

Rb and lb. Some cover to the established two.

Attacking midfielder. Esp if u don't play firminho.

Forward. Someone to keep the front 3 on their toes. Sell sturridge.

Next season will see some clear out of fringe/loan Pool players - Moreno, Sturridge, Mignolet etc

Rumours suggest that Grujic may be sold to Hertha Berlin for £20m+fee and Lovren can go for £30m+

Micheal Edwards is believed to be looking for defensive, midfield and strike force reinforcements eg Ben Godfrey 21, rising Norwich star defender, Neves of Wolves and David Neres of Ajax according to various gossips.

Rumour mills working overtime....haha

Meanwhile Madrid UCL final awaits.

[thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6