Liverpool Football Club - 2018/19 season YNWA

Akula

Agreed... i would pick him ahead of God, Firmino...

with him as spearhead, suddenly can have many MF combinations

he good... just not really sure of his pace bit.

Dream forward line will be Torres as point... Suarez irritating the hell out of defenders and Fowler lurking on the blind side... too bad Fowler from earlier years....
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

i probably watch too late in his career... God was God... but again as with all young Liverpool strikers, too injury prone.

Owen was just fast. but he's is probably in top 3 with fowler and torres in terms of clinical. his 2 goals in FA cup again Arse... i still dun like him

Suarez, when in ur team, fans love him. love to hate him after this season UCL SF.

Salah, thinks his conversion rate needs to better, but good thing is he is there when the chance arrive.

Firmino, New Age Liverpool Striker, need many chances as well

Mane, fast and extremely strong. probably outshine salah next season

Owen also have good sense of positioning too. As evident then he play with Beckham and how he run in the box. But his pace overshadow everything else and every manager just want to make use of his pace:

i probably watch too late in his career... God was God... but again as with all young Liverpool strikers, too injury prone.

Owen was just fast. but he's is probably in top 3 with fowler and torres in terms of clinical. his 2 goals in FA cup again Arse... i still dun like him

Suarez, when in ur team, fans love him. love to hate him after this season UCL SF.

Salah, thinks his conversion rate needs to better, but good thing is he is there when the chance arrive.

Firmino, New Age Liverpool Striker, need many chances as well

Mane, fast and extremely strong. probably outshine salah next season

Fowler was said by many (even non-Pool supporters) to be the most natural striker in England during his time.

Suarez is Suarez. He can punch a goal-bound ball away on goal line in final minutes during world cup knockout match, to preserve any chance for his team - and in the process take the red card. Unscrupulous... If he's in your team, you'll love him. If he's your opponent, you'll feel like kicking him in the face.

Yup, Salah's conversion rate is not high. In fact last (17-18) season he was very very wasteful in the first quarter/third of the season, before becoming more clinical as the season went on. But let's be fair - Fowler, Owen, Suarez were all out and out strikers. Salah is a winger leh...

Same for Firmino, who's not a traditional out-and-out striker. So to even put them in the same bracket, is actually a big compliment.

In fact, even Mane is also not an out-and-out striker...

Come to think of it, if the team has one really good/natural out-and-out striker who can play Kloop's style, wouldn't it be devastating?

Liverpool signed Sepp van den Berg. 1st signing in this window?

Yes, one for the future it seems. Hopefully can fight for first team spot soon - and that's not due to injuries to those higher in the pecking order, but based on merit instead.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Fowler was said by many (even non-Pool supporters) to be the most natural striker in England during his time.

Suarez is Suarez. He can punch a goal-bound ball away on goal line in final minutes during world cup knockout match, to preserve any chance for his team - and in the process take the red card. Unscrupulous... If he's in your team, you'll love him. If he's your opponent, you'll feel like kicking him in the face.

Yup, Salah's conversion rate is not high. In fact last (17-18) season he was very very wasteful in the first quarter/third of the season, before becoming more clinical as the season went on. But let's be fair - Fowler, Owen, Suarez were all out and out strikers. Salah is a winger leh...

Same for Firmino, who's not a traditional out-and-out striker. So to even put them in the same bracket, is actually a big compliment.

Come to think of it, if the team has one really good/natural out-and-out striker who can play Kloop's style, wouldn't it be devastating?

Yes, one for the future it seems. Hopefully can fight for first team spot soon - and that's not due to injuries to those higher in the pecking order, but based on merit instead.

Didn't our doc say suarez is either your cb kia or someone else's cb kia. Apt description! [laugh] Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 3

KM: What is Liverpool like?

DS: Its great, you will love it.

KM: OK I will sign for them then.

[cool]

Sturridge2-jpg-1668688.jpg?r=5d14a5210de

• Praise 6

Keita is really injury prone. He only played twenty mins in his African nations game.

huh.... again??

shipped off one sickbay regular, now got another? :TT_TT:

Didn't our doc say suarez is either your cb kia or someone else's cb kia. Apt description! [laugh]

lol will that be the phrase i'm remembered for?

Keita is really injury prone. He only played twenty mins in his African nations game.

Ya in fact i think he was injured during his last few months with his former... seemed like we bought a PES C player...

Agree that Fowler is one of the most deadly striker... it was said that if you let him have a clear view on goal with the ball on his left foot, he hardly miss... Sturridge also like that... but both cant play alone striker in a 4-2-3-1

Turbocharged

Ya in fact i think he was injured during his last few months with his former... seemed like we bought a PES C player...

Agree that Fowler is one of the most deadly striker... it was said that if you let him have a clear view on goal with the ball on his left foot, he hardly miss... Sturridge also like that... but both cant play alone striker in a 4-2-3-1

Football in the 90s is different... all must have strike partners.

Dear fellow REDS, starting a new thread for our beloved club.

May JK and the lads power us to greater heights/glory.

YNWA

We are at it again the Reds, as we do travel to Istanbul to win the Super Cup Finals.How can I get the tickets to the match. . Am also planning to livestream some videos online while instanbul, Any idea of the best Pocket Wifi. I have been using Skyroam but it disappoints 

Football in the 90s is different... all must have strike partners.

Not true la...

90s teams do deploy 1 striker e.g. Batistuta and sometimes with a creative player behind.

• Praise 1

lfc-biggest-640x400.jpg

Writing in The Times, Paul Joyce has reasonably suggested “Liverpool are the biggest club in the world,” in terms of the huge global scope and size of our fanbase and by supporter engagement.

From Indonesia to Mongolia to the streets of Cairo, his figures suggest the Reds can count on a global support of “700 million”fans and it’s the scale and quality of our fans that backs Joyce’s claim.

“During the same period, the club’s website experienced its highest daily visitor numbers since records began in 2012, while “Liverpool” sat second in worldwide Twitter trends behind “#UCLfinal” for five hours after the Champions League final,” Joyce added.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Not true la...

90s teams do deploy 1 striker e.g. Batistuta and sometimes with a creative player behind.

italy.. maybe spain

90s eng teams almost all play with 2 strikers if i remember correctly

ok pool play with rush, barnes and beardsley... essentially only rush is striker ;p

italy.. maybe spain

90s eng teams almost all play with 2 strikers if i remember correctly

ok pool play with rush, barnes and beardsley... essentially only rush is striker ;p

Sometimes Rush play alongside Aldridge and makes it difficult for the two CBs to catch their men... both looked alike with that moustache..

think Beardsley can be considered a forward... whereas Barnes usually start on the left side of midfield...

Turbocharged

Dear fellow REDS, starting a new thread for our beloved club.

May JK and the lads power us to greater heights/glory.

YNWA

Dear all,

I believe that this season ended well, despite us coming so close to the title.

I started another thread, hoping that we will end our 30 year wait.

↡ Advertisement