Liverpool Football Club - 2018/19 season YNWA

Akula

Good job, not until Hendo and Minnie came on.

Soton was all over at the beginning of 2nd half.

5 more to go. 

We give a good fight. If eventual outcome is not for us, it is fated.

Dun give up.

• Praise 4

how come suddenly southampton can play this gd. some of their passing suggest that they should b in top 10.

After changing their manager, they are averaging 1.54pts in 16 games, this is top 10 standard.
  • Praise 1

It's time to just focus on Liverpool to overcome Southampton. Just need the win. Nothing else. Objective is to reclaim the number one spot on the table! Time for Salah to get on score sheet, he need a goal to regain his goal scoring prowess!

your wish for salah granted.

• Praise 1

your wish for salah granted.

Yeah! Next will be watching Liverpool to thrash Chelsea 4-0 at Anfield.

Time for the eagles to shut manc again... Believe in Roy Hodgson!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

An vital (AWAY) win.

Again shows resilience to come back from a goal down to beat the opponent.

Like the mental strength, along with the goals coming around the 80th plus minutes, also shows fitness and believe.

Defensively, not as tight as we like, with Matiq losing his man.

Keita with his first, Salah with his 50th in 69 appearances and Henderson with the third of the game.

We need the midfield to chip in the goals regularly and hopefully Salah’s form picks up and he starts banging in the goals

Next up, Porto.

YNWA

Edited by Akula
  • Praise 2

Yes Matip missed the header, but there was another Soton player behind Long. The MF must track the runners, and AR was way behind...

But a win is a win....

Gogogo!

• Praise 3

I realized pool was very focused until they scored the 2nd and 3rd goal where they became euphoric in their celebration.

Ah Mo and hendo contributions meant a lot to them. It's written all over their body language.

YNAW:yuush:

• Praise 4

Was worried watching the way the team played from the start. Looked clueless when pegged back by the effective pressing of the soton midfield and attack, and then even before they could find their feet, was a goal down liao [sweatdrop]

Any forays up front, was not incisive and easily/quickly broken down before any good chance could be created. Soton was comfortable soaking up the occasional bit pressure... and i was like, shit - that's exactly the kind of situation that we would like to be in, and we so often were in, earlier in the season... and we're on the wrong side!

Then out of nowhere, the 1.72 m Keita headed in an equaliser. It calmed me down a lot, as up till that point, i had a bad feeling that it was one of those nights...

But soton was still confident and playing their game, and the worry was not gone with the equaliser - we kept losing (almost every single) the second ball, and our passing would break down after 4-5 rounds, while the ball would fall kindly to soton players, who would somehow be in the right place at the right time to receive a good pass... our midfield was anonymous.

TAA and Robertson were having a bad day, both not v effective and had uncomfortable moments defensively...

For all the misgivings i have of Hendo and Milner, it seemed like their appearance did help to stem the tide and regain some initiatives. But it was not until Salah's goal that gave a collective relief, which was further reinforced by Hendo's goal.

Hope it'll continue to work for the team and we'll be champions end of the season.

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

Was worried watching the way the team played from the start. Looked clueless when pegged back by the effective pressing of the soton midfield and attack, and then even before they could find their feet, was a goal down liao [sweatdrop]

Any forays up front, was not incisive and easily/quickly broken down before any good chance could be created. Soton was comfortable soaking up the occasional bit pressure... and i was like, shit - that's exactly the kind of situation that we would like to be in, and we so often were in, earlier in the season... and we're on the wrong side!

Then out of nowhere, the 1.72 m Keita headed in an equaliser. It calmed me down a lot, as up till that point, i had a bad feeling that it was one of those nights...

But soton was still confident and playing their game, and the worry was not gone with the equaliser - we kept losing (almost every single) the second ball, and our passing would break down after 4-5 rounds, while the ball would fall kindly to soton players, who would somehow be in the right place at the right time to receive a good pass... our midfield was anonymous.

TAA and Robertson were having a bad day, both not v effective and had uncomfortable moments defensively...

For all the misgivings i have of Hendo and Milner, it seemed like their appearance did help to stem the tide and regain some initiatives. But it was not until Salah's goal that gave a collective relief, which was further reinforced by Hendo's goal.

Hope it'll continue to work for the team and we'll be champions end of the season.

You worry too much.. relax.. pool will win all the remaining games. So will Spurs and Man Utd
  • Praise 5

Yes Matip missed the header, but there was another Soton player behind Long. The MF must track the runners, and AR was way behind...

But a win is a win....

Gogogo!

Actually when I watched again, I thought Keita could have tracked backed faster. He was at walking pace.

Yes same feeling. The clock was ticking away. Pool kept losing easy possession. Wayward passings didnt help. Soton was incisive with the overlapping runs. Pool could have conceded one more if Soton players are more accurate in their finishings.

After Hendo and Milner came in, the situation slowly turned.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Actually when I watched again, I thought Keita could have tracked backed faster. He was at walking pace.

Wijnaldum has the lowest rating score of 5 and TAA 6, it tells you why both were substituted.

TAA would have been rated 5 had he not provided the assist for Keita's equaliser.

Morever, TAA was singled out by So'ton as the weak link and they used Redmond's speed to unshackle Pool's defence when on counter.

Klopp realised at some point that the rightback n midfield is loose; hence the substitution at around the 55~56minute mark.

Experienced n highly motivated players and fresh legs makes the difference.

Edited by cashcow
  • Praise 4

Supercharged

Wijnaldum has the lowest rating score of 5 and TAA 6, it tells you why both were substituted.

TAA would have been rated 5 had he not provided the assist for Keita's equaliser.

Morever, TAA was singled out by So'ton as the weak link and they used Redmond's speed to unshackle Pool's defence when on counter.

Klopp realised at some point that the rightback n midfield is loose; hence the substitution at around the 55~56minute mark.

Experienced n highly motivated players and fresh legs makes the difference.

Pool huffed and puffed to another win. To be fair. Southampton is a new animal under the new manager and it was mentioned if we take the games under his care only, the saints will be at 5th placing with a few of top 6 sides already dropped points against them.

so, Pool did really well to grind out another win.  It couldn't adapt to Saint's pressing in the opening half hour and the goal was basically a midfielder's run into the box which was not tracked. Fabinho had a poor game and deserved a mention in this regard. 

Klopp's substitutions were the key difference in this game. With Saints  running out of gas, Klopp went for control and experience rather than put on attackers.  It worked and the team clicked into the gear at the 80th min mark onwards.  Hendro played the B2B which is not very often the case and scored.  Salah's goal for the lead was all quality.  Hopefully, he will regain form for the rest of the remaining games.  

• Praise 3

Reds' tactics are getting predictable after recent wins, with most assists so far coming from these two wingers. Naturally, the opposition's game-plan is to apply pressure and stifle the possession  for these two blokes.

Luckily, the subs work out in the last game - though with the results are coming in a tat late in the game.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1