Liverpool Football Club - 2018/19 season YNWA

Akula

Hmmmm............ how about Kylian Mbappe coming over to Pool also ... :secret-laugh:

ESPN : Fabinho jokes he'll get Kylian Mbappe to swap PSG for Liverpool

First-year Liverpool player Fabinho has joked that he will "try slowly to convince" former Monaco teammate Kylian Mbappe to swap Paris for Merseyside.

Fabinho, 24, and Mbappe both played for Monaco before the former signed for Liverpool and the latter moved to Paris Saint-Germain.

And the Brazilian told reporters about the newly minted World Cup winner with France: "Kylian Mbappe sent me a text message congratulating me for coming to Liverpool.

Link : http://global.espn.com/football/liverpool/story/3570141/fabinho-jokes-hell-get-kylian-mbappe-to-swap-psg-for-liverpool

[bounce2]  [bounce2]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

From salah to alisson.

“Yesterday, he sent me a message saying: ‘Hey, what are you waiting for?’ As the negotiations were at an advanced stage, I replied to him straight away saying: ‘Calm down, I’m on my way!’

Simply satisfying.....

• Praise 3

So now we have the World's most expensive GK and DF.

Plus Keita and Fabinho.

It would seem the team is "complete" now... Exciting times ahead

i would argue that the team needs a playmaker.

last season problem is that the team could not unpick defences that sit deep thus rendering pool's counter attacking game unworkable.

give that neither fabinho and keita are play makers and none of their current players can play this role effectively. JK would do well to consider signing such a play maker if possible, before the window closes

• Praise 2

http://global.espn.com/football/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/3569721/liverpools-jurgen-klopp-now-spending-big-whats-changed-since-his-pogba-comments?src=com

Two years ago, when Manchester United spent £89.3 million to bring Paul Pogba back to Old Trafford from Juventus, the disdain radiating from Anfield was palpable. "The day this is football, I'm not in a job anymore," manager Jurgen Klopp said. "I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.

Any thoughts?

http://global.espn.com/football/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/3569721/liverpools-jurgen-klopp-now-spending-big-whats-changed-since-his-pogba-comments?src=com

Two years ago, when Manchester United spent £89.3 million to bring Paul Pogba back to Old Trafford from Juventus, the disdain radiating from Anfield was palpable. "The day this is football, I'm not in a job anymore," manager Jurgen Klopp said. "I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.

Any thoughts?

Well, I don't see it as an issue.  A wise person looks at the reality he faces, changes his view and approach accordingly. 

• Praise 6

It was really big money at that time. And for Pogba, no less. I wouldn't count him as a player worth that kind of money at that time. Fast forward 2018. The whole market is messed up, no thanks to PSG and Barca. No 3 figure no talk. Insane monies exchanged and from then on, what seems not normal became the norm. But with UCL progression as well as fighting all the way to the Finals last season has given Liverpool a windfall. And I heard that the owners only forked out of money in the tune of 50mil, after Coutinho sales and all the UCL and TV monies. So it wasn't really a crazy buying spree, but rather a reinvestment into the squad

• Praise 3

Don't dwell in the past. Two years ago asene Wenger was still around. najib still in control. Time changes for the better. In time one will understand.

driving forward by looking through front wind screen. Rear mirror for reflection what had happened. champion league awaiting your team participation.

• Praise 2

Any thoughts?

Well, I would think Pogba is considered Player Zero. The one that started the money ball rolling. Of cos before him there were CR and Bale. But that was RM, where money is like tap water. After Pogba we saw the astronomical sums paid for Neymar, Mbappe, Dembele and then Coutinho. Fact is the money bar has been raised substantially! What is 20-30m is now 50m. Mahrez is 60M, Maguire is now reportedly valued at 50M !!! 

So tell me, is Alisson really that "expensive" ? If Oblak and DDG were to be on the market, I dun think they can be had for 55M. 

As for Klopp, yeah he backtracked. So what? It would be foolish of him to let an opportunity to sign someone he really wanted just becos of what he said 2 years ago.... And when boss ok to open wallet, better mai tu liao !! happy.gif

A jolly good window for me, It's been some time since I was excited for the upcoming season. Previously was in "hoping" mood nia .... this time slightly different yahoo.gif

my reply from another forum

i would argue that the team needs a playmaker.

last season problem is that the team could not unpick defences that sit deep thus rendering pool's counter attacking game unworkable.

give that neither fabinho and keita are play makers and none of their current players can play this role effectively. JK would do well to consider signing such a play maker if possible, before the window closes

fair comment. Maybe that's why Fekir was sought out. We do need that extra bit of creativity for teams like ManU  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Former Liverpool player Jose Enrique has suffered the rare brain tumour

He has undergone a life-saving surgery and now Jose is at the beginning of a long-term process of recovery

On what the messages from his Liverpool team-mates meant to him: "To be honest, it’s been incredible, the support – not just these messages. The reason I did the interview [with Marca] was because I wanted to thank the doctors [and] doctors in general.

"The reality is until something like this happens to you, you do not appreciate what they do. They are behind the scenes and no-one sees them and they do this type of job every day. The doctor who operated on me, he operates five times a week!

"My operation was seven hours! This guy lives for saving lives and people recognise footballers because we are in the media but nobody recognises these people. [The doctor] told me after that he had read my interview and seen the videos and his staff, some of them were crying, because nobody normally recognises this type of job. They have, sometimes, bad news also - they operate on people and they don’t live. And where I got operated on was a public hospital, not a private one, and they did an amazing job."

On the fans' support: "The fans have been amazing. It was impossible to reply because there were thousands and thousands of them! I’m glad you called me as well because I cannot thank them enough. Every day I receive messages and I want to tell people that I read them. The support has been amazing."

READ ALSO: Former Liverpool defender Jose Enrique reveals secret cancer battle

• Praise 3

(edited)

Any thoughts?

The different is Pogba was once a ManU player but released.   :ph34r:

Then JM buy back at £89.3 million ????? ….  :slow:

The question was Why sell him and buy back at a high price !!! 

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1

The different is Pogba was once a ManU player but released.   :ph34r:

Then JM buy back at £89.3 million ????? ….  :slow:

The question was Why sell him and buy back at a high price !!! 

Wah JM and Man U really suited.

JM sold Lukaku at Chelsea and

bought him back at Utd.  [thumbsup]

:D

From salah to alisson.

“Yesterday, he sent me a message saying: ‘Hey, what are you waiting for?’ As the negotiations were at an advanced stage, I replied to him straight away saying: ‘Calm down, I’m on my way!’

Simply satisfying.....

Alisson.jpg

“I’m really happy to have the opportunity to play alongside him again. As well as being a great player, he is a huge character and a great person - which is the most important thing.

“To be with these great people and players day to day is fantastic for me.”

Alisson is close friends with Brazil team-mate Firmino, who joined Liverpoolfor £29m in June 2015.

And the goalkeeper has confirmed that the 26-year-old spoke positively about life in Merseyside.

He said: “I had spoken to him before things really started to happen.

“When the negotiations became official I spoke to him and I only heard good things about the club and the city.

“He is a player who feels really at home here. He is loved by the fans and really popular with his team-mates.

“He is a great person and he only had positive things to say.

“He said if I were to come here then I would be really happy as well.

“Putting our friendship to one side and the time we’ve spent with the national team, I’m really happy to be at the same club as him and have the same daily routine as him.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2