Traffic Police Gets New BMWs

Theoldjaffa

Should they not go for hybrid or more eco friendly cars?? ..... what kind of presence or absence will this car make ??

I wonder how many units they bought ??

↡ Advertisement

Police officers need to drive high SES cars.... Or else how to have the dignity to chase down those traffic offenders that drive high SES cars?  :D

Not I say one.....just extrapolating from a famous ministerial comment.  :D

• Praise 8

Can support too.... Just make sure they use it to patrol the highway rather than park one corner and snipe from overhead bridges or bushes. 

can support....

the tp need some cars that are fast, robust and most importantly safe when a pursuit is needed.

Twincharged

Bro, u nvr see don't mean no hot pursuit cases. U will be surprised.

like chasing after the maseratti that dragged the roadblock TP last year ? 

Can support too.... Just make sure they use it to patrol the highway rather than park one corner and snipe from overhead bridges or bushes. 

can park lah ... bmw very "jiak you" leh .... wonder why they cannot consider hybrid since they are running around most of the time.

like chasing after the maseratti that dragged the roadblock TP last year ? 

can park lah ... bmw very "jiak you" leh .... wonder why they cannot consider hybrid since they are running around most of the time.

It's Diesel

• Praise 2

Not many performance sleeper hybrids in the market now. Most. In the markets are really just to "seng you" kind.... Prius/iona/chr/harrier/camryIs300h/es300h hybrids..

The gs450h/ls600h/bmw e series are sleeper performance hybrids but that kind of high SES sure will kenna flak from the public lagi more. 

Not many performance sleeper hybrids in the market now. Most. In the markets are really just to "seng you" kind.... Prius/iona/chr/harrier/camryIs300h/es300h hybrids..

The gs450h/ls600h/bmw e series are sleeper performance hybrids but that kind of high SES sure will kenna flak from the public lagi more.

Can get the new Audi A6, mild hybrid.

Actually they can just use a Perodua or any budget car. Why spend $ use bmw. i had nt seen TP chasing after cars to catch drivers (ok la, went after mini lorry and trucks did seen before, but any car can do tat) anymore for the past 10yrs. They just park at rd shoulder with a speed gun, tats all. [laugh] Anyway the most scary ones are those standing on the overhead bridge [:|]

Check out them conducting speed trap : http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2693379-tp-on-roadside-catching-speeding-offenders/?p=6345212

And my true story that TP actually chase u

True...I don't understand.

If they need brute force to pursue or chase after offenders,they could just buy a Kia k7 or the stinger with the 3.3L engine....powerful enough for such duties and yet not conspicuous enough to raise eyebrows.

And they shouldn't buy such cars like a Malaysian car.

Minimally a Elantra,nothing less.

Anything that is reliable and presentable is good

I propose this:

Basic patrol car: Hyundai Elantra or eqv

Mid grade patrol car: Hyundai sonata or eqv

Top grade pursuing car: Hyundai Grandeur 3.3L or eqv.

Ditch luxury, after all a police car is a workhorse.

Not really ..

They used to have WRX as a TP chaser, end up with more maintenance cost when implemented during the Public consultation where "smart" people voice their concern during the financial crisis on waste and cost-saving effort. 

Of course, there was also the smarter people during those time who say the Audi A4 2.0 CVT as a GP car was more reliable than a Toyota Camry from what I heard from the grapevine.

A TP car in addition to being fast also need to carry loads for cones and safety equipment and short of saying must be Ikea ready boot space, can also be done by getting a turbo charge estate car.

Turbocharged

Telling consumers BMW is a workhorse too.

The BMW is likely to spend more time in the workshop with the constant abuse.

• Praise 1

It's Diesel

lucky its 320D

Else not very environmentally friendly and TP affected by smog

[NEW YORK] German luxury carmaker BMW has been sued in the United States over "defeat devices" installed in tens of thousands of vehicles in order to cheat diesel emissions tests, lawyers for the plaintiffs said Tuesday.

The case, filed in federal court in New Jersey, will become a class-action suit once it is certified by a judge.

The suit singles out the BMW X5 and 335D model diesel cars sold between 2009 and 2013.

The attorneys at the Hagens Berman firm claim emissions from those cars were as much as 27 times higher than the standard allowed - a fact masked by the "defeat devices" and their "manipulative software."

The BMW is likely to spend more time in the workshop with the constant abuse.

should have gotten a dakkar ready ride like the Pajero. 

True...I don't understand.

If they need brute force to pursue or chase after offenders,they could just buy a Kia k7 or the stinger with the 3.3L engine....powerful enough for such duties and yet not conspicuous enough to raise eyebrows.

And they shouldn't buy such cars like a Malaysian car.

Minimally a Elantra,nothing less.

Anything that is reliable and presentable is good

I propose this:

Basic patrol car: Hyundai Elantra or eqv

Mid grade patrol car: Hyundai sonata or eqv

Top grade pursuing car: Hyundai Grandeur 3.3L or eqv.

Ditch luxury, after all a police car is a workhorse.

Bro u selling Hyundai or something?

They spend so much time patroling you think petrol/diesel free is it? They have to consider balance of power and fuel economy. Plus they put so many equipment (dead weight) in the car. The previous Volvos must be damn thirsty.

(edited)

Bro u selling Hyundai or something?

I think because kimchi is the lowest denominator when it comes to cost as well as a bread and butter ride for the mass majority. And the neighbourhood police post do use it as well as some trucks/pickup as well.

Just that not many look at wholistic cost consideration of end to end.

Even till today, you can see the usual police cars on the road still using Mazda 323. And I even spotted a Mondeo that is 3 generation back.

So if its still road worthy, the police force continues to use it as it is UAI. No argument on that.

But as the thread is focus on TP, than we should look at what other countries use as a benchmark. 

May not be correct as well but its a start. Because if in Japan, it will be Japanese build cars mostly. In germany, will be german build cars.

Perhaps looking at UK maybe a better bet as its an all rounder.

a-marked-bmw-police-car-of-sussex-police

00_Police_car_motor_show_2016.jpg

Granted some of the rides are use to transport kidney for one hospital to another as well, it needs to be hyperfast.

Edited by Sdf4786k