Singapore Bib Gourmand list

therock

How many have you tried?

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/food/17-new-entrants-to-michelins-bib-gourmand-list-for-2018-50-hawker-stalls-and

1. Chai Chuan Tou Yang Rou Tang (Bukit Merah View Food Centre)

2. Chuan Kee Boneless Braised Duck (Ghim Moh Market & Food Centre)

3. Eminent Frog Porridge & Seafood (Lorong 19 Geylang Road)

4. Fresh Taste Big Prawn Noodle (Zion Riverside Food Centre)

5. Heng carrot cake (Newton Food Centre)

6. Hong Kong Yummy Soup (Alexandra Village Food Centre)

7. Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow (Old Airport Road Food Centre)

8. Lian He Ben Ji Claypot Rice (Chinatown Complex)

9. Muthu's Curry (Race Course Road)

10. Outram Park Fried Kway Teow (Hong Lim Market & Food Centre)

11. Rolina Traditional Hainanese Curry Puff (Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market & Food Centre)

12. Shi Wei Da teochew porridge (Fengshan Market & Food Centre)

13. Sik Bao Sin (Geylang Road)

14. Sin Kee Famous Cantonese Chicken Rice (Holland Drive)

15. Tai Wah Pork Noodle (Hong Lim Market & Food Centre)

16. The Coconut Club (Ann Siang Hill)

17. Tiong Bahru Yi Sheng Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee (ABC Brickworks Food Centre)

Let's go try some..

These are the hawker food... not the high end stuff...

Next gathering guys?

BIB GOURMAND SELECTION _ MICHELIN GUIDE SINGAPORE 2018.pdf

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

(edited)

Yummy....can go explore new food.

This mutton soup on normal days already got long queue....

Go see Google images.

1. Chai Chuan Tou Yang Rou Tang (Bukit Merah View Food Centre)

8. The carrot cake someone commented one-man show, an hour's wait. :lll._.:

Edited by Watwheels

Supersonic

Have tried prawn mee at zion rd, lao fu zi char kway teow at old airport rd and fried hokkien prawn mee at ABC. I have queued for 45 mins for the fried hokkien prawn mee, find nothing special. Lol.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Have tried prawn mee at zion rd, lao fu zi char kway teow at old airport rd and fried hokkien prawn mee at ABC. I have queued for 45 mins for the fried hokkien prawn mee, find nothing special. Lol.

For the fried hokkien prawn mee at ABC taste is not consistent when there are many customers. The unker can get very pekchek and anyhow wack the noodles, sometimes taste very bland. Also gotto see his mood. More consistent taste and not bad will be the one at Tiong Bahru Market/Hawker, next to the escalator. The special dry type hokkien mee at Beach Rd HC is good too but very small plate, the serving is too small for me. The one at Geylang Lor 33 or 3something cmi, I dunno why got ppl say good. The TPY Lor6 which used to be from Serangoon Garden I find it slightly above average.

Char kway teow can try the Beach road HC. Just behind the dry type hokkien noodle. Now the son take over. Not bad also. They got char bee hoon which I find nice but sell out fast. Got char hokkien mee also but dunno nice or not. Not many place got char bee hoon done in char kwayteow style. Only this place has it.

Edited by Watwheels

Supersonic

For the fried hokkien prawn mee at ABC taste is not consistent when there are many customers. The unker can get very pekchek and anyhow wack the noodles, sometimes taste very bland. Also gotto see his mood. More consistent taste and not bad will be the one at Tiong Bahru Market/Hawker, next to the escalator. The special dry type at Beach Rd HC is good too but very small plate, the serving is too small for me. The one at Geylang Lor 33 or 3something cmi, I dunno why got ppl say good. The TPY Lor6 which used to be from Serangoon Garden I find it slightly above average.

I also tried the one at tiong baru next to the escalator, that one better than the ABC la. How about the fried prawn noodle at old airport hawker de? I heard so much about it and until now still havent try.

(edited)

I also tried the one at tiong baru next to the escalator, that one better than the ABC la. How about the fried prawn noodle at old airport hawker de? I heard so much about it and until now still havent try.

Old airport road? Have meh? [laugh]

Got fried hokkien mee there?

Edited by Watwheels

Nam Sing fried hokkien mee la.

Oh...from Hougang. That's why I was thinking old airport road HC where got famous fried hokkien mee.  I haven't try yet.

Nam Sing fried hokkien mee la.

nam sing is a very different style to any other hokkien mee I've eaten. 

It's dry, more thin beehoon, there's prawn taste but not so strong flavour. 

I personally find it not bad, but not a die-die must eat.

• Praise 1

Just had this last weekend. Our favourite since their days at Margaret Dr then MeiLing St... Now Holland Dr.

Not sure if q will form after this.

Supersonic

Oh...from Hougang. That's why I was thinking old airport road HC where got famous fried hokkien mee.  I haven't try yet.

From Hougang? This nam sing stall is located at old airport rd hawker centre le.

I have also tried the Tai Wah pork noodle at hong lim, my friend says it is very nice but i find it so so le?!  [rolleyes]

Just had this last weekend. Our favourite since their days at Margaret Dr then MeiLing St... Now Holland Dr.

Not sure if q will form after this.

It's very nice.. 

We can organise a trip down there once the crowds subside.. I know the owner Ben..

Right now, it's the best time to visit OTHER stalls  [:p]

Everyone will be at these 17 stalls..

This one is the Margaret Drive one ah ? [thumbsup]

Last time I like the old cuppage hokkien mee, very wet one and very flavourful. But ultimately must have the wok hei, where many popular stalls may not have time to control the fire consistently every plate. 

Yup... Nowadays not so crowded. Got a few 'spin-offs' from former employee. But this one is the original guy. Standard still there.

Maybe with this Michelin thingy... Will be revived

• Praise 1

How many have you tried?

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/food/17-new-entrants-to-michelins-bib-gourmand-list-for-2018-50-hawker-stalls-and

Let's go try some..

These are the hawker food... not the high end stuff...

Next gathering guys?

Love number 1 in the list.. The mutton soup is very consistent and nice.. But the queue before getting listed is already 20-30mins wait. Now that its listed, dunno how long one needs to wait. The worse is, after queuing so long, the owner comes and tell you no more meat left.. Then will be left hanging... :yuush:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1