2019 2nd Generation Audi Q3

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

The new Q3 just caught my eye; I used to have a Q3 2.0T but sold it off 3 years ago.  The new model looks great, even though (I have not done much research yet on this new model) the engine specs look similar to the 1.4T that has been superseded.  My fear is the gearbox; I am scared of the dry dual-shift gearbox.  I read the spec and it said it is a 6 speed; am I correct this a wet clutch gearbox?  Can anyone confirm please?

If you read up on dsg, there is only one 7 speed dry. The rest all wet.

The gear changes do suffer abit since it’s 6 years. Also, it is same engine as the 1.4T it superseded.

9 hours ago, Midorima said:

The gear changes do suffer abit since it’s 6 years. Also, it is same engine as the 1.4T it superseded.

Thanks for the confirmation.  I am familiar with the DSG, having had 3 previous cars that had it - 2 with 7 speed, and 1 with 6 speed.  Fortunately they were all of the wet clutch design.  

What confused me is that an earlier article (pre-launch in SG) on the Q3 Gen 2, stated a 7 speed dsg will be used for the SG model!

I dont mind having a 6 speed dsg, and the old 1.4T engine; but the 1.5T engine (as used in some other countries) would make me happier, I guess!

I also looked at the PA website to learn more on the Q3, and saw the myriad of optional equipment that could add up to big bucks $$$.  Its confusing as hell too.

Oh, another question.  The standard model sold in SG - does it come standard with elec adjustments and memory?

11 hours ago, Scorpiosg said:

Guys ... If you don't mind, please PM me your buying price from the recent motor show. Thanks.

P.S. I was at the Motorshow and was told if we change from 18" to 17" wheel, price reduced by $10K as it falls under VES band without surcharge.

Yes, I would appreciate if someone can PM me the buying price from the recent motor show.  Thanks in advance.

Changing from 18" to 17" wheels changed the VES band?  Hmmm....?

10 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Yes, I would appreciate if someone can PM me the buying price from the recent motor show.  Thanks in advance.

Changing from 18" to 17" wheels changed the VES band?  Hmmm....?

Car price was in the region of 142k-145k after trade in booster I believe. If u include the servicing solar film etc they give you, that gives the effective price of 136k shown in the price brochure.

Yes changing rims will change VES Band. It seems weird cos individuals can just go and change rims, but the gov can only really regulate the corporates. And there will still be a number of people who don’t change rims, and then that achieves the better emissions results 

For equipment, I think there is electric but no memory seat. I did not take a look at this car so not in good position to advise.

• Praise 1

Thanks, very helpful.

Mid $140s with overtrade will make the Q3 very competitive.

Can someone please answer my question on spare tyre?  Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Yes there is electric seats as standard, virtual cockpit and i believe the 10.1inch infotainment all is also standard. There is also 360 surround cam and the ambient lighting with various colours all that come with the base model.

14 hours ago, Midorima said:

My current car is the 7 speed dry.  Hardly any juddering which most are experiencing and the mu failed only once throughout my  years of ownership. No gb failure and I got the car  first hand

All along I pump 98 or vpower. Never once 95. Not sure it helps  to stop the juddering. 

I will do the same for my coming q3 , min 98 😂 

Edited by Ginyu

26 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

My current car is the 7 speed dry.  Hardly any juddering which most are experiencing and the mu failed only once throughout my  years of ownership. No gb failure and I got the car  first hand

All along I pump 98 or vpower. Never once 95. Not sure it helps  to stop the juddering. 

I will do the same for my coming q3 , min 98 😂 

What's your current ride? Ya, the MU is the infamous part of the GB that fails, not the whole GB.

Neutral Newbie
20 hours ago, Scorpiosg said:

Guys ... If you don't mind, please PM me your buying price from the recent motor show. Thanks.

P.S. I was at the Motorshow and was told if we change from 18" to 17" wheel, price reduced by $10K as it falls under VES band without surcharge.

Yes. It was 10k lesser. The irritating part is you can’t customize if you buy during motorshow. Lotsa things that you can customize, especially the sport seats and bang and Olsen sound system 🤢

Neutral Newbie
8 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Thanks, very helpful.

Mid $140s with overtrade will make the Q3 very competitive.

Can someone please answer my question on spare tyre?  Thanks

Spare tyres? Don’t have. Only have repair toolkit. 

No one can confirm whether the Q3 comes equipped with a space-saver spare tyre or not?  This item is listed as a $534 option.  And a car jack is also listed as an option.  Thus my question on whether a space-saver spare comes along with the standard Q3.

If no space-saver spare tyre is supplied, then perhaps,  consideration should be given to change to runflat tyres.  

37 minutes ago, Chloee said:

Spare tyres? Don’t have. Only have repair toolkit. 

Thanks, somehow I missed your reply earlier.

I just remembered - my previous Q3 also didnt have spare tyre.  That was always a worry when I drove the Q3 into Msia!

Edited by Jeffrey

7 hours ago, Rickster said:

What's your current ride? Ya, the MU is the infamous part of the GB that fails, not the whole GB.

A1

10 hours ago, Ginyu said:

A1

Right decision to move away from the 7sp dry.  Its scary when the MU fails and you are in the middle of the  expressway - the car just stalls to prevent damaging the gearbox!

Neutral Newbie

The new Q3 comes with 235/55 R17 tires. Was wondering if the tires can be changed to 235/60 R17 tires. If the height of the tires are changed but rims remain 17 inch, do we need to change the rims as well?

↡ Advertisement