2019 2nd Generation Audi Q3

Carbon82

(edited)
1 hour ago, Htancl said:

Test drove the XC40, Q3 and also the A4.

In term of power and acceleration, XC40 wins hands down. In fact, I feel the engine quite rough for the Q3 which is not I expected from an Audi.  

So I tested the A4, 2.0T. The feel is totally different. Engine is buttery smooth with a lot of power roaring to go. 

However, Q3 SB met most of my requirement. Price, latest Interior Tech with sleek appearance, but the engine/ transmission performance is not there. One of the factor which is hinder me from making the decision. 

I like the XC40 but it only comes with 3yrs warranty, and lastly my wife say Volvo brand cannot compare to the German badge.

Lastly the A4 is a very nice car to drive, but it's a very basic car without any safety features and also an old gen of the MMI.

Maybe you should wait for the 2.0l Quattro version and do a fair comparison.  You are comparing a 2.0 vs 1.4🙄

Edited by Ginyu
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
On 3/5/2020 at 10:39 PM, Fiat5oo said:

I’ve ordered the sportback honeycomb grille. Not the PA one but the international version with the chrome inserts which personally I find more appealing. It requires an additional mounting bracket and a fascia. Also ordered the side intake surrounds in silver. Hopefully will arrive in 4 weeks. You can see a good visual comparison of eurospec Q3 and sportback here with the chrome inserts:

Nice. May I know how much you paid for the grille? Can pm me? 

Here's a very recent review of the USA Audi Q3 with 2L engine and Quattro AWD - it wont be too long before this model hits the road in SG (my guess).

Its a 20 mins review - the 1st half on the review of the car itself (quite interesting); the 2nd half shows the Q3 AWD system being tested on a stretch of uphill dirt and rocky road.  Interesting; the Q3 came out admirably.  Not that we will take our Q3s offroad, but its good to know its capabilities, particularly for the Quattro model.

On 2/29/2020 at 9:18 AM, Fuelsaver said:

Yes too light n numb. Also lament that s-line kit cost 14k more

Prefer BMW steering set-up more connected to road though more bumpy

I set my  drive select to Individual Mode with the drive to balance and steering to dynamic. Understand that the steering will “tighten” at higher speed and it is light at Lower speed and parking. Also the size of tyres may be a factor. Mine is 18 inch 235.  For my previous ride, I also notice that the steering becomes heavier when i change my tyres from 225 to 245.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:43 PM, Huskybeckham said:

Have any one consider tuning your new Q3? Under PA provide this option and have anyone check it out?

Yes, PA has REVO and I believe MTM too.

think is around $4k as PA will assume the warranty from Audi.

Neutral Newbie
On 3/16/2020 at 11:43 PM, Huskybeckham said:

Have any one consider tuning your new Q3? Under PA provide this option and have anyone check it out?

Hi, I asked PA and i'm interested. $4k to $4.3k Revo or MTM

Asked for discount but they say we are really just paying money for the warranty unless we do a group buy.  

Neutral Newbie
On 3/18/2020 at 2:38 PM, Firehorse said:

Anyone has upgraded to 19 inch wheel ?

kindly share any issue with ET35 8.5J x19 255/45

Hi, i am on 

19x8

offset 35

235/50/19

front wheel is flushed nicely, rear wheel still abit inside.

No problems at all!

Not totally the answer to your question but hope it helps.

• Praise 1

Our Q3 does not come with a spare wheel; it is equipped with a bottle of sealant and 12V battery operated pump.  I have never used one of this kit before and still dont know how to use it.  The present kits must be much easier to use compared to those provided in earlier years (when you get only a pressurised can of sealant!).

Below is a video of how to use this repair kit.  Hopefully you dont have to use one, but just in case - it should be helpful to know how to use it.

Oh, I always feel it is worthwhile to carry a car jack in the boot.  The scissor-types are inexpensive and compact.

Also, install a set of TPMS to monitor your tyre pressure and catch a leak before it goes flat.  They are cheap - less than $50

Edited by Jeffrey
Added TPMS

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Not sure if it’s a silly question. Anyone has recommendation on where you fix your car cam for your Q3. Being a relative new model, not sure if all the workshops know how to do the wiring nicely? Leaning towards installing blackvue with the battery pack. 

collecting my Q3 next week by the way. 

Edited by Momorila

Our Q3 does not come with a spare wheel; and TPMS is not activated on MMI (double whammy!).  So I got a TPMS  (internal type) from AliExpress for about $50 and had it installed - the 4 sensors/valves to each wheel.  The remote screen (see pic) is solar powered (can also use usb for charging).  It alerts when any of the tyre pressure is low or high.  Very useful.

Q3 TPMS.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Do any of the owners know whether the settings are tied to the key user/user login in the MMI? If so, how can I set it given that my car is also shared with my family member.

↡ Advertisement