2019 2nd Generation Audi Q3

Carbon82

The 1.4 is considered  weak for the NSHW or described it as out of breath for some. Does that mean even a 1.6 Toyota Altis will perform better since it has a bigger engine despite lower horsepower and torque

Edited by Ginyu
↡ Advertisement

7 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Can someone who have received his new Q3 confirmed that the car has a preinstalled embedded Sim card for Audi Connect that is a wifi hotspot and also allows internet connectivity.  Understand it is a free subscription - for how many years?

Yes, preinstalled digital sim from the factory which allows the MMI and GPS to connect independently of your phone. This even works in Malaysia. I was told subscription is 3 years.

I am not sure this works as a Wifi hotspot for your other devices though. I’ve been having issues with my wireless CarPlay as there are two networks, one is a 5ghz and the other isn’t and the normal one doesn’t seem to allow connection. Would love to hear from others if they are able to get the hotspot to work. The google address search can be quite slow, not sure if it is even 4G.

Thanks for confirming Fiat500.

The sales sheet says:

Audi connect - only Wi-Fi hotspot, online navigation search and Google Earth & Audi connect navigation and infortainment.  

Thus my question.

Neutral Newbie
On 2/23/2020 at 7:10 PM, Fiat5oo said:

Yes, preinstalled digital sim from the factory which allows the MMI and GPS to connect independently of your phone. This even works in Malaysia. I was told subscription is 3 years.

I am not sure this works as a Wifi hotspot for your other devices though. I’ve been having issues with my wireless CarPlay as there are two networks, one is a 5ghz and the other isn’t and the normal one doesn’t seem to allow connection. Would love to hear from others if they are able to get the hotspot to work. The google address search can be quite slow, not sure if it is even 4G.

Yea the 2 wireless channel is a question mark to me as well. I kinda give up 🤣 Just use Apple CarPlay will do. Anyway, I don’t think the wireless hotspot is fantastic since the network is kinda slow. But SE was telling me that I can install my own data sim card in future if I don’t wanna renew the subscription. Most of the things will still work.

Btw, did anyone install third party dash cam? Will it void warranty if I tap onto the car battery? 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I have installed my own sim card. Works perfectly well.Much  faster then pre install one. Online radio are not able to work on pre install Esim. But work well in my personal sim. But if you go jb. Please use pre install e-sim. Cos My SE told me there is free Data for my audi connect when you are in misa 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Skyyu25 said:

I have installed my own sim card. Works perfectly well.Much  faster then pre install one. Online radio are not able to work on pre install Esim. But work well in my personal sim. But if you go jb. Please use pre install e-sim. Cos My SE told me there is free Data for my audi connect when you are in misa 

By using your own sim card, does that affect emergency assistance from Audi, eg roadside assistance?

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

By using your own sim card, does that affect emergency assistance from Audi, eg roadside assistance?

I am not sure about Roadside assistance. My understanding is roadside assistance need to call the number that indicate on IU.

Neutral Newbie
On 2/22/2020 at 4:09 PM, Acezz said:

Anyone know how much the best price you can get for the Q3 at showroom now? Still can get at arnd motorshow price?

What is the pricing now?

On 2/25/2020 at 8:53 AM, Skyyu25 said:

I am not sure about Roadside assistance. My understanding is roadside assistance need to call the number that indicate on IU.

Where is the Sim card slot located?

On my current car (not Audi), the Sim card is embedded (I think) and the "button" (with a large phone icon) is located next to the front roof lights.  I think it is only for emergency assistance; I accidentally pressed it once, and got a call from emergency service.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Where is the Sim card slot located?

On my current car (not Audi), the Sim card is embedded (I think) and the "button" (with a large phone icon) is located next to the front roof lights.  I think it is only for emergency assistance; I accidentally pressed it once, and got a call from emergency service.

The slim card slot Is inside the glove compartment.

Edited by Ginyu
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
On 2/27/2020 at 3:06 PM, Huskybeckham said:

I find the brake pedal is quite high and wife has the felt the same. Quite a strain on the foot during traffic jams. Not sure is it possible to adjust it lower. Has anyone done it with PA?

Lol I thought I was I’m the only one having this prob. Tried shifting the position of the seat but din help much. So what I did was I wore a thick sole shoe to drive instead 🤣

33 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Almost every reviewer of the new Q3 have pointed out that the steering is too light!  Those already driving your new Q3, what's your take?

Yes too light n numb. Also lament that s-line kit cost 14k more

Prefer BMW steering set-up more connected to road though more bumpy

• Praise 1