2019 2nd Generation Audi Q3

Carbon82

8 hours ago, Fuelsaver said:

Yes too light n numb. Also lament that s-line kit cost 14k more

Prefer BMW steering set-up more connected to road though more bumpy

The S-Line is $14k more because it falls into a VES band that incurs a penalty of $10k.

↡ Advertisement

20 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

The S-Line is $14k more because it falls into a VES band that incurs a penalty of $10k.

SE didn't explain that to me. But iirc, base trim also subject to 10k ves surcharge?

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Fuelsaver said:

But iirc, base trim also subject to 10k ves surcharge?

Base trim 17 inch no surcharge. 18 inch has surcharge. 17 inch was a later model brought in. 

• Praise 1

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 9:18 AM, Fuelsaver said:

Yes too light n numb. Also lament that s-line kit cost 14k more

Prefer BMW steering set-up more connected to road though more bumpy

Bumpy cos of the RFT and stiffer suspension?

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

🤦🏻‍♀ i just saw the advertisement on IG for sportback Version. The grille is so nice 🤢🤢🤢

I heard there are already a few Q3 sportback on the road.  This variant costs $10k more than the std Q3, and sales have been brisk!  It looks very good, with some trade-offs on space - particularly headroom at rear.

23 hours ago, Chloee said:

🤦🏻‍♀ i just saw the advertisement on IG for sportback Version. The grille is so nice 🤢🤢🤢

I’ve ordered the sportback honeycomb grille. Not the PA one but the international version with the chrome inserts which personally I find more appealing. It requires an additional mounting bracket and a fascia. Also ordered the side intake surrounds in silver. Hopefully will arrive in 4 weeks. You can see a good visual comparison of eurospec Q3 and sportback here with the chrome inserts:

• Praise 1

Just wanted to share my quick feedback after a trip to Malacca and KL in the Q3.

Pros:

+light steering is great for highway, maneuvering and parking

+seats not bad for 4 hour trip, back didn’t hurt

+GPS with traffic and rerouting work up north

+stock 17 inch rims and high sidewall make KL roads a lot less irritating

+no rattles or squeaks from interior

+better than expected fuel consumption

Cons:

- GPS Maps works but audio directions were sometimes way off (map shows left, audio says turn right and end up wrong place)

- wind noise from mirror above 110km/hr

-engine runs out of steam a bit when need to overtake but feels more like transmission issue than engine. Paddle shift down solves the problem

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

How did it drive on the Highway - particularly straight stretches with cross-winds?  Stable?

I am somewhat surprised with the negative on the 6 sp DSG?  I had it in one of my VWs a few years back and I found it very competent.

BTW, many thanks for sharing your experience with the new Q3.  Very useful indeed.

23 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

How did it drive on the Highway - particularly straight stretches with cross-winds?  Stable?

I am somewhat surprised with the negative on the 6 sp DSG?  I had it in one of my VWs a few years back and I found it very competent.

BTW, many thanks for sharing your experience with the new Q3.  Very useful indeed.

Car was very stable in cross winds, but substantial wind noise from the side mirror at speeds. It’s actually an incredibly easy and relaxing car to drive.

My comment on the transmission has more to do with gearing as I felt there is power available but there is a hesitation to downshift immediately when needed for overtaking. This issue maybe also due to turbo lag from the low cruising rpm range. I didn’t feel that same issue on my previous merc A200 with 7 speed 1.6 turbo although with pretty similar output numbers. This is pretty minor though and generally I feel the transmission for Sg purposes is fine. No low speed jerkiness that is often associated with the DSG.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Test drove the XC40, Q3 and also the A4.

In term of power and acceleration, XC40 wins hands down. In fact, I feel the engine quite rough for the Q3 which is not I expected from an Audi.  

So I tested the A4, 2.0T. The feel is totally different. Engine is buttery smooth with a lot of power roaring to go. 

However, Q3 SB met most of my requirement. Price, latest Interior Tech with sleek appearance, but the engine/ transmission performance is not there. One of the factor which is hinder me from making the decision. 

I like the XC40 but it only comes with 3yrs warranty, and lastly my wife say Volvo brand cannot compare to the German badge.

Lastly the A4 is a very nice car to drive, but it's a very basic car without any safety features and also an old gen of the MMI.

Edited by Htancl
↡ Advertisement