2019 2nd Generation Audi Q3

Carbon82

3 hours ago, Chloee said:

The new Q3 comes with 235/55 R17 tires. Was wondering if the tires can be changed to 235/60 R17 tires. If the height of the tires are changed but rims remain 17 inch, do we need to change the rims as well?

From what I read, the Q3 with 18" rims are shoed with 235/55/18 tyres.  So, am surprised the Q3 with 17" rims are shoed with the same dimension tyres.  There will be a 3.6% difference in the speedo readings!

On 1/17/2020 at 11:17 AM, Jeffrey said:

Thanks, very helpful.

Mid $140s with overtrade will make the Q3 very competitive.

Can someone please answer my question on spare tyre?  Thanks

If it's at this price range, wouldn't it cannibalize the Tiguan?

On 1/18/2020 at 4:42 PM, Chloee said:

The new Q3 comes with 235/55 R17 tires. Was wondering if the tires can be changed to 235/60 R17 tires. If the height of the tires are changed but rims remain 17 inch, do we need to change the rims as well?

Was at the showroom earlier.

The test drive Q3 was on 215/65/17 tyres fyi

Thick enough? Haha....

No spare tyre, but have tyre repair kit.

Pretty comfy easy-going drive. V light steering though, firms up in dynamic mode.

But have to wait a couple months for certain colours, last chance to buy at Motorshow price I think.

On 1/18/2020 at 4:42 PM, Chloee said:

I checked with PA and the Q3, 17" wheel model comes shoed with 215x65x17 tyres.  It is very, very close to the 235x55x18 tyres on the 18" model.  However I feel the 215 width is too skinny for the Q3

4 hours ago, LinusLoh_1967 said:

Tiguan sold here by VW, but Audi PA, diff?

Yes different. Yup canabalize was a wrong choice of word. Consumers would likely choose 0000 over VW I suppose.

Edited by Koster
Typo

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

I checked with PA and the Q3, 17" wheel model comes shoed with 215x65x17 tyres.  It is very, very close to the 235x55x18 tyres on the 18" model.  However I feel the 215 width is too skinny for the Q3

You have any photos of how the 17inch rims on that q3 that comes with it looks? Would love to get an idea tks!

11 minutes ago, Acezz said:

You have any photos of how the 17inch rims on that q3 that comes with it looks? Would love to get an idea tks!

I took only 1 pic.  

Dont look good; dont do justice to the beautiful lines and shape of the Q3.  The 215x65x17 inch tyres are too skinny, and the 65 profile on 17" rims look awful.  

Q3 215x65x17.jpg

Neutral Newbie
28 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I took only 1 pic.  

Dont look good; dont do justice to the beautiful lines and shape of the Q3.  The 215x65x17 inch tyres are too skinny, and the 65 profile on 17" rims look awful.  

Q3 215x65x17.jpg

Ya agree, dont look good, yall know any shops/places where carry original audi rims or good rims for conti cars? 

Neutral Newbie
4 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Lol serious? I saw a Q3 at my workplace carpark and discreetly took a photo of its tyre that reads 235/55R17. Geez that guy must have changed as well 🤣🤣🤣

EEEAFF41-A9EC-4681-A00A-197B45799F50.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Chloee said:

Lol serious? I saw a Q3 at my workplace carpark and discreetly took a photo of its tyre that reads 235/55R17. Geez that guy must have changed as well 🤣🤣🤣

EEEAFF41-A9EC-4681-A00A-197B45799F50.jpeg

Hmm... the difference is 3.7% on the speedo vs the 235/55/18.

I feel if a change is desired, then an upsize to 18" rims would improve the looks

PS - are you sure its not the previous model with this 235/55/17 tyre?

Edited by Jeffrey
added PS

I should be taking delivery just after CNY, hopefully first week of Feb if can get the COE on 22nd. Supposedly PA is aggressive at securing COE. I bought Mythos black with Okapi brown interior. What about you guys? 

Still debating whether to change rims to larger size as comfort is the most important to me, but 65-series is really pretty thick and the 17" looks a bit weak. I think 55-series still probably ok so 18" is easy upgrade. Overseas markets are selling them with 20 inch and larger. Depending on price, also keen to change to an S-line grille. Our SG model Q3 really look super different than other markets since none of them have the plain plain grille and bumper line as ours. SG version has higher interior specs than those overseas, but worse exterior specs. Interior more important to me as things like VC hard to add later so I'm ok, but need to see what can be improved  on exterior. 

Also keen on a WA group. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Brown interior. Nice! I opted for black interior and kinda regretted. How are you planning to change S line grilles? Buy from open market? For tires, Im currently driving Qashqai with ratio of 60. The tall tires are actually quite useful because if you mount kerb, you'll only hit the tire and not the rim 😂 But 215 is really kinda slim. I'm sourcing around shops for options. Any good tire shops to recommend? 

Edited by Chloee
↡ Advertisement