2019 2nd Generation Audi Q3

Carbon82

40 minutes ago, Fiat5oo said:

I should be taking delivery just after CNY, hopefully first week of Feb if can get the COE on 22nd. Supposedly PA is aggressive at securing COE. I bought Mythos black with Okapi brown interior. What about you guys? 

Still debating whether to change rims to larger size as comfort is the most important to me, but 65-series is really pretty thick and the 17" looks a bit weak. I think 55-series still probably ok so 18" is easy upgrade. Overseas markets are selling them with 20 inch and larger. Depending on price, also keen to change to an S-line grille. Our SG model Q3 really look super different than other markets since none of them have the plain plain grille and bumper line as ours. SG version has higher interior specs than those overseas, but worse exterior specs. Interior more important to me as things like VC hard to add later so I'm ok, but need to see what can be improved  on exterior. 

Also keen on a WA group. 

hey congrats on your new car,

i think if u are changing rims for looks....17 to 18 won't make much difference, u can jump straight to 19''.

with 235/50/19 tyre, u still get decent comfort  + a much better looking rim size

↡ Advertisement

23 minutes ago, Chloee said:

Brown interior. Nice! I opted for black interior and kinda regretted. For tires, Im currently driving Qashqai with ratio of 60. The tall tires are actually quite useful because if you mount kerb, you'll only hit the tire and not the rim 😂 But 215 is really kinda slim. I'm sourcing around shops for options. Any good tire shops to recommend? 

My wife and I told ourselves no more black interior, but it does look sleek and easier to maintain of coz. What exterior color did you go for? Are you getting yours this week or next? S-line grille, not sure. I have asked my SE how much to change, but no response. Otherwise need to go and source. Seems like a lot of shops outside can find Audi stuff. I think a popular one is Continental Klasse, but I haven't enquire yet. Get car first and see what i can live with what I am itchy to change. 

60 series is still ok, but I'm keen to go up to 18s if doesn't affect comfort too much. The one I test drove was actually on the 18s and I felt it was a bit bumpy. Felt bumpier than the A4 I tested on 16s for sure. I used to have 40 series 18s on an A200 and the combo with the very stuff suspension really was back breaking. 

Sorry, I don't have any shops to recommend. I myself looking around. I've been to Leong Seng (LS) before when I previously owned a volvo, I think they are one of the biggest, but I can't say good or not. 

Edited by Fiat5oo
  • Praise 1

5 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

hey congrats on your new car,

i think if u are changing rims for looks....17 to 18 won't make much difference, u can jump straight to 19''.

with 235/50/19 tyre, u still get decent comfort  + a much better looking rim size

I'm actually quite hesitant to go too large. Most important to me is the sidewall dimension as I want comfort + worried my wife curb the rims if too large (has happened many times before). I had 18s with a 40 sidewall in my previous A200 and it was a nightmare. Really not nice, especially when driving up north. Visually I know not much of a difference from 17 to 18, but I also don't like the stock 17 design also so take it as an opportunity to change the looks. Anyway, not in a rush so I probably live with it a bit and see how it feels as the one I test drove at Alexandra was on 18s and I felt it was actually a bit bumpy. Combo of suspension tuning + tyres so need to see how the suspension feels first over more extended period before I change straight away. Not a young guy, so the looks a bit secondary (although I do want the chrome grille!). 

1 hour ago, Fiat5oo said:

I should be taking delivery just after CNY, hopefully first week of Feb if can get the COE on 22nd. Supposedly PA is aggressive at securing COE. I bought Mythos black with Okapi brown interior. What about you guys? 

Still debating whether to change rims to larger size as comfort is the most important to me, but 65-series is really pretty thick and the 17" looks a bit weak. I think 55-series still probably ok so 18" is easy upgrade. Overseas markets are selling them with 20 inch and larger. Depending on price, also keen to change to an S-line grille. Our SG model Q3 really look super different than other markets since none of them have the plain plain grille and bumper line as ours. SG version has higher interior specs than those overseas, but worse exterior specs. Interior more important to me as things like VC hard to add later so I'm ok, but need to see what can be improved  on exterior. 

Also keen on a WA group. 

Tango red with black interior, taking delivery before CNY.  Hopefully i am not the first owner to drive it on the road haha!

Edited by Ginyu

10 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

Tango red with black interior, taking delivery before CNY.  Hopefully i am not the first owner to drive it on the road haha!

Congrats! nice cheerful color. Yours should look exactly like the one I saw in the showroom. I think they started selling last year and there are a handful who already took delivery, but until now I never see it on the road in person. 

Neutral Newbie
9 hours ago, Fiat5oo said:

My wife and I told ourselves no more black interior, but it does look sleek and easier to maintain of coz. What exterior color did you go for? Are you getting yours this week or next? S-line grille, not sure. I have asked my SE how much to change, but no response. Otherwise need to go and source. Seems like a lot of shops outside can find Audi stuff. I think a popular one is Continental Klasse, but I haven't enquire yet. Get car first and see what i can live with what I am itchy to change. 

60 series is still ok, but I'm keen to go up to 18s if doesn't affect comfort too much. The one I test drove was actually on the 18s and I felt it was a bit bumpy. Felt bumpier than the A4 I tested on 16s for sure. I used to have 40 series 18s on an A200 and the combo with the very stuff suspension really was back breaking. 

Sorry, I don't have any shops to recommend. I myself looking around. I've been to Leong Seng (LS) before when I previously owned a volvo, I think they are one of the biggest, but I can't say good or not. 

All my previous cars are white with black interior. So I’m going the same with this.  boring person with boring color 😂 

6 hours ago, Chloee said:

Anyone here had their Audi logo plasti dip to make it black color? Or should i just Taobao it instead? 

Just buy replicas and replace it.. plastidip will just degrade over time..

On 1/21/2020 at 5:25 AM, Beanoyip said:

Is Q3 sportback coming to SG?

I don't think anyone in this chat can confirm this. I did ask and the SE said not sure and if it comes won't be so soon. I also expect the price to be close to if not exceeding 200k. 

I also asked about switching to S-Line grille, but he said the car is so new they don't have this part yet. Most likely after I take delivery I will check some of the outside shops. 

I think for those of us taking ready stock today should be the COE bidding day. 

Received the car registration letter from LTA.  was pretty surprised that the omv is almost the same as the A1

Edited by Ginyu
  • Shocked 1

59 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

Received the car registration letter from LTA.  was pretty surprised that the omv is almost the same as the A1

Wow, I'm surprised can be that low too! Do you have the car already? 

However  the price I paid for the q3 is almost the same as  my a1. Same price for bigger ride haha!

Yet to collect, Recieved eletter from lta

Edited by Ginyu
  • Shocked 1

Got the call last night the COE bid was successful (good that COE went up less than 1k for CatB). Won't be able to collect until after CNY. Anyone else? 

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Ginyu said:

Collected my ride😊  Am I the first?🤣

Wah! Congrats! Awesome to get it before CNY and yours is red too right? Gong xi gong xi! Still negotiating my handover date for after CNY. 

First impressions of the car? I am worried that the touch MMI will take some time to get used to and is rather distracting for the driver, although looks damn cool. Plan to upgrade rims? 

35 minutes ago, Fiat5oo said:

Wah! Congrats! Awesome to get it before CNY and yours is red too right? Gong xi gong xi! Still negotiating my handover date for after CNY. 

First impressions of the car? I am worried that the touch MMI will take some time to get used to and is rather distracting for the driver, although looks damn cool. Plan to upgrade rims? 

Thanks and is red. Huge when compared to previous A1🤣 The dashboard is beautiful with the virtual cockpit and touchscreen MMI. First time trying out apple car play and is fantastic. Do agree the MMI is distracting and the resolution is pretty sharp🤣

Steering is light but you will get used to it. if not switch to dynamic mode  for harder steering Driving is smooth. 

No plan to upgrade rim at the moment as it looks ok to me. They give pirelli scorpion verde tyres. Are they good? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1