2019 Mercedes A class (W177) and Sedan (V177)

CrimsonVertigo

2 hours ago, strindt said:

Agree but i just think it's not gd to claim the price to be 14xk (before it was 15x) from 161k list, that's my only issue. Might be misleading to others. Would just like the exaggeration to be a little less. 

Think the other bro was trying to highlight that price can still be negotiated if got patience and nego skill

Though generally for A, B, C models, the discounts are rather fixed, the main neg items are the  so called "overtrade" and the service credits

C & C usually term the final price as "effective price" after minus service credits, overtrade and insurance

Some bros with great nego skill may be able to squeeze 1-2k more

so for a listed price of say 161k, the effective price is usually 8-10k less depending on coe and period

It is usually not a straight discount 

If you buy say their S models then the whole game can be very different

For bros buying some other brands like Mazda, then the actual buying price in the sales agreement can be very different from listed price. Those are "real" discounts

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

On 9/26/2019 at 9:01 PM, livingproof54 said:

You guys hv any tips on bargaining / striking a good deal w PI? 

Maybe you can start by looking and narrowing down to the more reliable PI?

• Praise 1

I bought from Vincar. I had a very good SE. PM me if you want his contact. 

Not affiliated to them in anyway.

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, subzero17 said:

I bought from Vincar. I had a very good SE. PM me if you want his contact. 

Not affiliated to them in anyway.

They also carry new gla. Another potential I m aiming. Cos A200 PI doesn come w android auto nor GPS. Pay so much for cosmetic and simi also Don hv. W gla, some workshops can crack the code and install android auto. 

Price slightly more affordable too albeit considered older cabin compared to a200. Will pm if needed. Thanks in adv! 

3 hours ago, livingproof54 said:

They also carry new gla. Another potential I m aiming. Cos A200 PI doesn come w android auto nor GPS. Pay so much for cosmetic and simi also Don hv. W gla, some workshops can crack the code and install android auto. 

Price slightly more affordable too albeit considered older cabin compared to a200. Will pm if needed. Thanks in adv! 

Another point of consideration if financing quantum matters  - GLA180 is CAT A and A200 is CAT B. 

8 hours ago, Splinter said:

Another point of consideration if financing quantum matters  - GLA180 is CAT A and A200 is CAT B. 

Thought financing quantum depends on OMV (20k) instead of category?

Edited by Midorima

the art of winning any negotiation is to be prepared to walk away from the deal....haha not sure if that helps

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Dannnn said:

A200 n A180 same engine?

Anyway, the A180 HB has no more stock. Won't be coming in as I heard from a SE. As the OMV and VES (The A180 had a 10k rebate while A200 neutral) is so close, guess it is C&C strategy to just sell the A200 and above. 

Edited by Wormee

8 hours ago, Wormee said:

Anyway, the A180 HB has no more stock. Won't be coming in as I heard from a SE. As the OMV and VES (The A180 had a 10k rebate while A200 neutral) is so close, guess it is C&C strategy to just sell the A200 and above. 

Don't understand how the same engine with power limited can produce worse emission ratings..

On 9/29/2019 at 8:09 PM, livingproof54 said:

Most PI A200 can do andriod auto/carplay already. Just not the GPS.

As to how to choose PI got no right no wrong, need to make sure the warranty/servicing/COE terms/and T&C are explained clearly to you. Best is try to go for the better ones like Vincar, Meyer Motors, Emperor Motors, etc. These days got new PI popping out every other week, if you ask me it would be risky to just go for cheapest.

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, NicollHighway said:

Don't understand how the same engine with power limited can produce worse emission ratings..

Err it's the opposite. A180 has the same engine but power limited compared to A200 but it enjoys a VES rebate of 10k because of better emission ratings. I guess based on its OMV and rebate, the annual depreciation is very close. Buyers would naturally go for the A200 with higher output and marginal additional cost as compared to A180. Get back more parf at the end of 10 years. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1