2019 Mercedes A class (W177) and Sedan (V177)

CrimsonVertigo

Neutral Newbie

Has anybody changed their W177 stock air filter to a replacement performance drop-in filter e.g. K&N, BMC, etc. Reason for asking is because I changed mine to BMC filter and notice there is an immediate significant change in the engine and gear response. Previously whenever I tried to accelerate the car the gear were  downshift 1 or 2 gear easily and engine were over rev with loud noise. But now most of the time it either hold to the same gear or down shift 1 gear and engine rev with good pulling power.  

The above engine and gear behaviors seem to point to high air restriction experienced with the stock air filter. You may want to try it out yourselves to enjoy a better drive of our W177.   

1 hour ago, Lippy said:

Has anybody changed their W177 stock air filter to a replacement performance drop-in filter e.g. K&N, BMC, etc. Reason for asking is because I changed mine to BMC filter and notice there is an immediate significant change in the engine and gear response. Previously whenever I tried to accelerate the car the gear were  downshift 1 or 2 gear easily and engine were over rev with loud noise. But now most of the time it either hold to the same gear or down shift 1 gear and engine rev with good pulling power.  

The above engine and gear behaviors seem to point to high air restriction experienced with the stock air filter. You may want to try it out yourselves to enjoy a better drive of our W177.   

why not drive without air filter? naturally aftermarket air filters will increase the air flow.

thats the whole purpose of aftermarket filters. 

Edited by ferrytales

Neutral Newbie
5 hours ago, ferrytales said:

why not drive without air filter? naturally aftermarket air filters will increase the air flow.

thats the whole purpose of aftermarket filters. 

People who only believe in stock will never know how to appreciate such post. The point here is to share how restrictive our stock air filter. So for those who are thinking of improving the power can consider this as one of the key area to improve. 

On 12/18/2019 at 11:27 AM, andersseanx said:

anyone tested the anti collision feature ? is it workiong as expected?

Yup it works well. I was caught in a chain accident of 8 cars during a heavy downpour. First car suddenly braked damn hard, 2nd car couldnt stop in time. I happen to be the 3rd car. Thankfully i didnt hit the car in front of me. The system automatically braked and prevented me from further acceralating. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys

mbux can’t seem to recognise any of the command I ask. I.e hows the weather? Will it rain today? I am feeling hot/cold. 
u guys have any issue with it? Or my Angmo too lousy 😢

16 hours ago, Samuel said:

Hi guys

mbux can’t seem to recognise any of the command I ask. I.e hows the weather? Will it rain today? I am feeling hot/cold. 

They recognise keywords.  Example :  Hey Mercedes, RADIO , 95 ..... Hey Mercedes NAVIGATION to Jurong East .....

Try , make your sentence as short as possible and using KEYWORDS 

• Praise 1

On 12/24/2019 at 7:06 PM, Samuel said:

Hi guys

C&C unit? They can't connect to Internet, so you got to use offline specific command like adjust aircon to 18 degree 

Unless the online service is activated, then you probably can ask like how you chat with Google or siri.

Edited by Elysium_m

On 12/28/2019 at 7:49 PM, Elysium_m said:

C&C unit? They can't connect to Internet, so you got to use offline specific command like adjust aircon to 18 degree 

Unless the online service is activated, then you probably can ask like how you chat with Google or siri.

what do you mean CnC unit, they cant connect to internet, unless the online service is activated?? is it PI model can go internet with online services? i watched in youtube review, thet have app for iphone and tonnes of online services. Cant they function like bmw, loaded with traffic news...etc

2 hours ago, Wheelslover said:

what do you mean CnC unit, they cant connect to internet, unless the online service is activated?? is it PI model can go internet with online services? i watched in youtube review, thet have app for iphone and tonnes of online services. Cant they function like bmw, loaded with traffic news...etc

Can't. At least not for now including c&c units.

2 hours ago, Wheelslover said:

BMW default got 3 years BMW connected. 
Merc don’t have

↡ Advertisement