2019 Mercedes A class (W177) and Sedan (V177)

CrimsonVertigo

21 minutes ago, andersseanx said:

Your sound like salesperson. Anyway to each of its own.

If it is "to each his own" then why is your initial post so pushy and condemning about AD..... shouldn't it be more neutral tone ?   

Spring is not a salesperson from Mercedes because we know each others. 

You sounded MORE like a P.I salesperson rather 

Also that sentence "if I pay so much more, I want the car to be at my doorstep immediately manz .....: .... For A 200 you want it immediately,  what if you were buying E class , S Class  ?   

Chief among all, if my car was purchased from C&C any issue I knock at their door even if it is after warranty.   If it is with P.I if they still around ? capable to solve my problem ? 

P/S - I have confident C&C will be around for a long time 

Edited by Innocuous
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

3 hours ago, andersseanx said:

U r right, to each his own n hence I’m trying to be objective n list down some of the benefits of buying from AD whilst not ignoring some PI advantages as well. 
Unfortunately, it’s your post that sounds like a salesperson by singing all the PI attributes whilst completely ignoring AD benefits. 

• Praise 9

4 hours ago, Nicki said:

How can I understand mbux or comand?

I dont have the comand unit, no idea how it works.

Mbux u can just say hi Mercedes, help. It will show u the list of commands.

5 hours ago, Innocuous said:

If it is "to each his own" then why is your initial post so pushy and condemning about AD..... shouldn't it be more neutral tone ?   

Spring is not a salesperson from Mercedes because we know each others. 

You sounded MORE like a P.I salesperson rather 

Also that sentence "if I pay so much more, I want the car to be at my doorstep immediately manz .....: .... For A 200 you want it immediately,  what if you were buying E class , S Class  ?   

Chief among all, if my car was purchased from C&C any issue I knock at their door even if it is after warranty.   If it is with P.I if they still around ? capable to solve my problem ? 

P/S - I have confident C&C will be around for a long time 

Stating facts = pushy. Ok point taken.

2 hours ago, Spring said:

U r right, to each his own n hence I’m trying to be objective n list down some of the benefits of buying from AD whilst not ignoring some PI advantages as well. 
Unfortunately, it’s your post that sounds like a salesperson by singing all the PI attributes whilst completely ignoring AD benefits. 

Wasnt my intention when I am just sharing what i feel is a better deal over AD considering that most people should have known the assurance part between AD and PI. Especially when I have worked with my C&C agent for months yet he couldn't do anything better. I am just going deep dive on the benefits as a consumer.

Maybe is just him being lousy. Like what some bros here feel, if you require all the assurance go get from AD. Not stopping anyone. We are all adults. Your money, your choice.

If i accidentally stepped on your toes, I apologise.

Edited by andersseanx
  • Praise 4

16 hours ago, andersseanx said:

Spring is one of the most credible forummers in MCF.

and what’s up with your seemingly derogatory comments about sounding like a salesperson?

you were cheated by a salesperson before?

• Praise 7

I have bought from both PI and ADs before. There is no definitely better deals at either ends. In the end you as a consumer still have to do your sums to decide which works out better for you with the specific circumstances. We should know better than keep harping on the general benefits or pitfalls of buying from either. Just be civil and not sounding too clever will help.

• Praise 4

12 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

I have bought from both PI and ADs before. There is no definitely better deals at either ends. In the end you as a consumer still have to do your sums to decide which works out better for you with the specific circumstances. We should know better than keep harping on the general benefits or pitfalls of buying from either. Just be civil and not sounding too clever will help.

This is exactly how a Neutral and TO EACH HIS OWN type of message should sounds like 

Reasonable, Objective and yet Informative 

Edited by Innocuous
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Wanted to clear the air originally when this guy posted but hesitated. He other comments in the Mercedes owners thread gives me the impression that he is very pro PI and not C&C. I’m not against him but like other seniors said, to each on his own so comments given should be neutral and comparing both pros and cons rather than such condescending tone.

To put things into perspective and benefit newbies, C&C has only 2 trims, Progressive and AMG Line. PI has SE, Sports, AMG Line, Sports Premium Plus, AMG Line Premium, AMG Line Premium Plus. 

Note that PI’s AMG Line IS NOT EQUAL to C&C AMG Line. For example, PIs’ AMG Line only has the 7” centre display rather than the 10.25” display. To get both 10.25”, you need to step up to AMG Line Premium or Premium Plus. Yes, there are features such as Multi-beam LED, sunroof and rear aircon that C&C trims do not have. Instead, C&C choose to include others such as Artico leather, dual 10.25” display, Smart Phone integration, Parktronic even into their Progressive trim. The so-call Progressive trim equivalent PI model I guess would be Sports or maybe AMG Line (Note that PI’s AMG Line is lower trim than their AMG Line Premium and Premium Plus) in between. The Sports does not even have leather seats, let alone the Parktronic, Smartphone integration and 18” sports rims to name a few.  

There are definitely differences between AD and PI and one has to consider many things before buying. One can choose PI over AD due to sunroof, rear air-con etc. Or AD over PI due to recall/warranty, support, etc. So homework and tips gathered are important before choosing one and we all can help here by giving neutral comments and tips for others who needs them. FYI, C&C HBs are made in Germany and Sedans made in Mexico. I thought PI’s are made in UK instead and several different countries in Europe depending where they get their stocks from. This one I’m not sure.

@andersseanx to answer your question, yes the insurance is expensive, about 1.4k after 50% NCD for a 35-40 years old guy about there. The one to one exchange within the first 3 years is brand new car replacement. Also, C&C gives you a $800 cash rebate for the first year so you are paying only $600. 

@Nicki if your W177 is pre March 2019 production, most prob you are on old firmware and car does not come with Apple CarPlay. If yours is a PI model, you can try Elebest or Innovasia for firmware update (which is required to support Smart Phone integration) and also purchase to unlock the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Do note that I heard it cost around several hundreds for firmware and 299 pounds for Apple CarPlay. Hey Mercedes will not active your CarPlay, its only activating your MBUX functions. 

Oh ya, depending on which PI and which workshop they partner, firmware updates may need to pay. Same as activating Smart Phone integration. I heard some workshop can’t even do that’s why some PI cars goes to Elebest. C&C gets firmware update for free but I don’t know if they are able to get the SmartPhone integration to activate or not. I can go on and on too but I’m not here to condemn either PI or AD. I’ve bought from both before and even my PI workshop can’t do wonders, they have very good workshop capabilities. I’m not related to Elebest and Innovasia, but I do have works on my PI car previously with one of them. They are good but expensive. Lol.

So, buyers or new owners out there, do your homework and gather as much information as you can to help you make decision. Whether they are true or not for you to believe, its up to your judgement. Happy shopping and driving. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 6

1 hour ago, Wormee said:

Wanted to clear the air originally when this guy posted but hesitated. He other comments in the Mercedes owners thread gives me the impression that he is very pro PI and not C&C. I’m not against him but like other seniors said, to each on his own so comments given should be neutral and comparing both pros and cons rather than such condescending tone.

To put things into perspective and benefit newbies, C&C has only 2 trims, Progressive and AMG Line. PI has SE, Sports, AMG Line, Sports Premium Plus, AMG Line Premium, AMG Line Premium Plus. 

Note that PI’s AMG Line IS NOT EQUAL to C&C AMG Line. For example, PIs’ AMG Line only has the 7” centre display rather than the 10.25” display. To get both 10.25”, you need to step up to AMG Line Premium or Premium Plus. Yes, there are features such as Multi-beam LED, sunroof and rear aircon that C&C trims do not have. Instead, C&C choose to include others such as Artico leather, dual 10.25” display, Smart Phone integration, Parktronic even into their Progressive trim. The so-call Progressive trim equivalent PI model I guess would be Sports or maybe AMG Line (Note that PI’s AMG Line is lower trim than their AMG Line Premium and Premium Plus) in between. The Sports does not even have leather seats, let alone the Parktronic, Smartphone integration and 18” sports rims to name a few.  

There are definitely differences between AD and PI and one has to consider many things before buying. One can choose PI over AD due to sunroof, rear air-con etc. Or AD over PI due to recall/warranty, support, etc. So homework and tips gathered are important before choosing one and we all can help here by giving neutral comments and tips for others who needs them. FYI, C&C HBs are made in Germany and Sedans made in Mexico. I thought PI’s are made in UK instead and several different countries in Europe depending where they get their stocks from. This one I’m not sure.

@andersseanx to answer your question, yes the insurance is expensive, about 1.4k after 50% NCD for a 35-40 years old guy about there. The one to one exchange within the first 3 years is brand new car replacement. Also, C&C gives you a $800 cash rebate for the first year so you are paying only $600. 

@Nicki if your W177 is pre March 2019 production, most prob you are on old firmware and car does not come with Apple CarPlay. If yours is a PI model, you can try Elebest or Innovasia for firmware update (which is required to support Smart Phone integration) and also purchase to unlock the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Do note that I heard it cost around several hundreds for firmware and 299 pounds for Apple CarPlay. Hey Mercedes will not active your CarPlay, its only activating your MBUX functions. 

Oh ya, depending on which PI and which workshop they partner, firmware updates may need to pay. Same as activating Smart Phone integration. I heard some workshop can’t even do that’s why some PI cars goes to Elebest. C&C gets firmware update for free but I don’t know if they are able to get the SmartPhone integration to activate or not. I can go on and on too but I’m not here to condemn either PI or AD. I’ve bought from both before and even my PI workshop can’t do wonders, they have very good workshop capabilities. I’m not related to Elebest and Innovasia, but I do have works on my PI car previously with one of them. They are good but expensive. Lol.

So, buyers or new owners out there, do your homework and gather as much information as you can to help you make decision. Whether they are true or not for you to believe, its up to your judgement. Happy shopping and driving. 

Cheers. 

PI sedan is Germany this is what was gathered in an A class thread. I only tried to provide from my pov yet i got bashed non stop whereas there are two other help questions in the thread and nobody gives a dime about it. Funny world isnt it? Talk about neutral and all. Then again, who am I to judge.

Btw, smartphone integration can be self activated. Don't have to go through 3rd party 

This is what i called informative. I hope to be able to write like u in the future. No, I wasn't even trying to be condescending that wasn't the intention. However, if you guys still feel sore about it, my apologies. If i could edit the post i would but I wasn't given the opportunity to do so anymore. Lets move on, shall we? 

Thank you.

Edited by andersseanx

Just to clarify, smartphone integration can only be self activated provided if: the MBUX software is of newer version (FU1 and above) and it will still cost you under Mercedes Me store. It is not free. And you have to know how to create account and register your car if it is a PI one.

For C&C, post March 2019 production cars comes with it. For those without, there's no way they can self activate it as they have no access to Mercedes Me Store. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wormee said:

Just to clarify, smartphone integration can only be self activated provided if: the MBUX software is of newer version (FU1 and above) and it will still cost you under Mercedes Me store. It is not free. And you have to know how to create account and register your car if it is a PI one.

For C&C, post March 2019 production cars comes with it. For those without, there's no way they can self activate it as they have no access to Mercedes Me Store. 

Please enlighten me what is " smartphone integration self-activated" ? 

Mine is Jan 2020 car.  So I would like to what is it that you are talking about 

Thanks 

42 minutes ago, Innocuous said:

Please enlighten me what is " smartphone integration self-activated" ? 

Mine is Jan 2020 car.  So I would like to what is it that you are talking about 

Thanks 

Smartphone integration is for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. If yours is a C&C model it will come with it.

For PI models, I'm not sure if yours comes with it or not so depends on your PI. Even if it doesn't, it should have the latest firmware, which allows you to access Mercedes Me Store. From there, you should be able self activate it like what bro andersseanx mentioned. I've not done it before but was mentioned to me by other PI owners. 

2 hours ago, Wormee said:

very detailed. I like. 

8 minutes ago, Wormee said:

Smartphone integration is for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. If yours is a C&C model it will come with it.

For PI models, I'm not sure if yours comes with it or not so depends on your PI. Even if it doesn't, it should have the latest firmware, which allows you to access Mercedes Me Store. From there, you should be able self activate it like what bro andersseanx mentioned. I've not done it before but was mentioned to me by other PI owners. 

Ahhh ok got it .  In short it is already car-play right ?

Mine is from C&C .  

Thanks 

Edited by Innocuous

1 hour ago, Innocuous said:

Ahhh ok got it .  In short it is already car-play right ?

Mine is from C&C .  

Thanks 

Yes. Just plug in your iPhone will work. 

Cheers. 

On 1/10/2020 at 5:49 PM, Spring said:

To add, peace of mind from buying from AD esp during recalls etc. But I'm not so blind as to say it's AD or nothing.

I can understand why some buy from PI esp if price diff is significant vs comparable model from AD but I don't think it's as clear cut as what the other bro said so it's good u balance out the equation esp as some new buyers ie less well informed may get the wrong impression after reading his post.

with all due respect to PI , they say they honor recall, but how to know if they actually carry out this exercise? got any evidence of proof that they really reach out to end consumer?

also recall, does the end consumer need to pay for parts & labour? - cos i seen owners say diff coverage on recall 

On 1/10/2020 at 8:04 PM, andersseanx said:

Most people like myself confirm go AD first, ask for OT and etc.

No, sorry but they are far from cheaper than PI based on my encounter with the agent. U want screen capture? I can provide easily 

I am curious how this replacement work? Yr 3 year up they give u a new ride? The insurer?

only for new rides from cycle. 

for complete details, kindly call your friendly Cycle SE

as for the "special price" - it is not given to everyone rather special selected few, just join any merc chat

post the question, sure got "admin" / old birds tell you , they know someone , or they are the ones that have the special price

Edited by TeamAMG69
change
↡ Advertisement