2019 Mercedes A class (W177) and Sedan (V177)

CrimsonVertigo

49 minutes ago, jlote said:

Definitely it is no doubt. But from personal experience (which won't really matter here as im a PI) feedback has been really good. And these insurance companies are the big players and they are putting their reputations on the line. 

Agent warranty - well again my words won't matter cos these are coming from a PI but it is a little bit overhyped. 

Then there are some PIs which offer in house warranty - that is a bit of a concern with regards to them closing down etc. 

End of the day, it's all about the price that you are paying. 

Say as you wish. Those in the know, will confirm that it is infinitely easier to claim manufacturer warranty than insurance warranty.  
notice that I keep stressing “manufacturer warranty” 

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, jlote said:

Actually i did and in all fairness, i attempted to clarify what you wrote which is evident by the fact that i ended my sentence with a question mark which was addressed to you from the words that you said as seen from your original quote. 

And having explained to you before but yet you ignoring what i said, it means you didn't understand (i guess I'm gonna regret having said that) 

Nah you didn’t read properly.  If you do you won’t even need to ask me the question ! 

1 hour ago, Innocuous said:

Nah you didn’t read properly.  If you do you won’t even need to ask me the question ! 

Thus my attempt with starting off with a question. But oh well.. Damn these PIs! 

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Say as you wish. Those in the know, will confirm that it is infinitely easier to claim manufacturer warranty than insurance warranty.  
notice that I keep stressing “manufacturer warranty” 

As i said in my first sentence as i wished 🙂

12 hours ago, jlote said:

Yes different workshops different plans. And also different costs for us to purchase the different warranties. 

Yeah but recall will be siao Liao as they need to do some sort of take in process which in most cases from the AD prospective means “if I have the time”.

recall is just a small equation. May not be one at all. But if somehow like the diesel gate scandal n you need to retune in order to operate or use the car, than it would be a whole new can of worm. 

BMW for one seems like a safe bet that many buyers enjoy as the price is like buying a used one . The markup from the AD at 70k is hard to accept for certain model.

so never an easy decision. I know the 39k or more pricing seems too good to pass but if you buy during the qtr closing period, it’s as good or not better than a pi deal.. 

Edited by Sdf4786k

I think the AD vs PI should be in a dedicated thread, not this one as this thread, I believe since the creation, is all about this car and model and this alone. It will defeat the purpose of drifting away from the topic. Let's keep to the topic and bring up topics related to this model only. Thank you. 

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, marcuspeck said:

I think the AD vs PI should be in a dedicated thread, not this one as this thread, I believe since the creation, is all about this car and model and this alone. It will defeat the purpose of drifting away from the topic. Let's keep to the topic and bring up topics related to this model only. Thank you. 

Agreed, those PI salespeople should go create their own thread for that discussion. Every time I come into this thread expecting to read about the new A class sedan but end up see PIs bashing ADs only. 

• Praise 2

On 1/25/2020 at 10:34 AM, flashbang said:

Agreed, those PI salespeople should go create their own thread for that discussion. Every time I come into this thread expecting to read about the new A class sedan but end up see PIs bashing ADs only. 

sad but true, many trolls online, not just PI vs ADs

many PI & AD salesman / SE here, all offering excellent service, discount etc

so easy to see through their post ...

want to get honest feedback, best just go join SGMERC / MBOS / AMG or other merc chat, or go to their MU, talk to REAL owners.

i got many my questions answered by friendly old birds

Neutral Newbie
On 6/23/2019 at 5:52 PM, NicollHighway said:
On 6/23/2019 at 5:41 PM, Runforyourlife said:

CarPlay but without maps?

Carplay/Andriod Auto with waze + Google maps. But we are not able to do the Mercedes native map data yet

please pm me on details to unlock a200 w177 apple carplay. thx

I have the following issues to share & highlights 

Highlights

1. If you follow the instruction manual to check tyres pressure, you will never get it.  

Watch this youtube video and you will know what I mean.

2. There is no option to de-activate the truck/boot to automatic close when it senses my foot. It came down on me twice and it hurts.  There is no option to de-activate it unless the whole sensor is removed.  Crazy !  What a design flaw ! 

3.  When I paired my iphone with MBUX to play music. The next time I re-connect, it will not continue where I stopped instead it went into random shuffle mode.

I try to find the option but NONE.  Went to Mercedes , they dont know how to set it too.  Anyone ?? 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Symantec9 said:

Does it work with both sides of parking lot occupied by cars or can be empty? thanks

if parking lot is totally empty, u dont need assistance...

if there is curb, then yes it should work.