Naisol ZR53 Car Ceramic Coating (DIY)

Heartlander

(edited)

A colleague of mine raved about this after he applied on his new car. 

Despite the good things, he did complained that he needed to use his polishing tool to remove the hardened layer on a small segment of the car body after he took too long to buff it away, which he shared was only about 1 minute. But other than that, if follow the instruction to the T and be very kiasu to buff it straight away after applying, it will be alright.

So I read online on this product for awhile to know what I am getting myself into. Actually I have just paid $550 for a coating but I was not very satisfied with the finishing as its hydrophobic quality was not really great. And the more I read, the more I am impressed, especially with the many positive reviews posted. I knew that they can't be all false as my colleague's testimonial is real one.

So subsequently I took the plunge to get it on Amazon, paying about $100 with delivery. But applying it took some effort as need to cater for curing time of 2 full days meaning must have good weather and able to do without car for at least a day. So when all the stars aligned, I manage to do it but met with a few hiccups. The day I applied leave it was cloudy and threatening to pour, and I manage to start only at about 2pm after the sky started clearing. As a result I worked till 830pm under insufficient light condition, and missed a few small spots as a result. Applying was straight forward enough. Just dab the small bottle of liquid onto 1 of the 10 cotton pads provided and wipe on the car body. Divide the car into about 10 panels and use a pad for each panel. After apply the coating on a panel, use a clean cloth to buff it off straight away. Sound easy and indeed quite easy to do. But as the liquid dry up very fast, the wiping off (buffing) must be done within 20sec else it will harden and will need to use polishing tools to remove it. Sound scary haha.

The process started quite promisingly. I worked on the bonnet first. As the Vellfire bonnet is very small, doing it in 2 parts worked very well. But when it come to the 4 doors, that was when got headache. As Vellfire doors are huge, I should have divided into 3 panels but I was abit impatient and tried to do it under 2 panels. So when I finish applying the coating and got to doing buffing straight away, the time taken for the coating to dry was too long as started to harden causing hazy look to happen. I quickly hasten the buffing process and manage to reduce the damage. But can see a small fist-size hazy spot already. A bit sian, but I pressed on to do the rest of the car  as no turning back already. As the instruction was not to apply on glass surface, I applied on all the plastic parts including bumpers also the wheels.

The morning after, the car body felt smooth, unlike the $550 coating job I just did which is the norm. The smoothness is akin to doing waxing. I was quite relieve that it went well after checking the car, could see a few hazy spots but I have learnt to take it easy. Next time will do it better haha.

It had been about 2 months since I applied the coating, and the hydrophobic effect still very strong as expected. And the car definitely feel more slick and washing is much more easy. Once you spray water, it will just rush down. The leaf blower will definitely be able to dry the car very quickly.

On hindsight, I should have divided the bigger panels into more sub panels to do the coating, and get someone to help if possible. If one person apply the coating, and another do the buffing will be perfect.

In the market under DIY category, I would think only Opti-gloss come close. I have applied it before. Comparatively easier to apply, but seems the effect not as strong as this ZR53 coating. But as this ZR53 is not so forgiving when it comes to application, Opti-gloss would be suitable for those doing it the first time. I will definitely buy this ZR53 again in few years time to redo the coating if I am still holding on to this ride haha..

Read up the reviews to understand more about the product if you keen to do. Bear in mind that if your car is not new, you will need to polish it first, else all the imperfections will be locked up for the next few years. But nonetheless there is still merit, as your car will be much easier to wash and will not get worse haha.

Bottom line is that this Naisol ZR53 is definitely worth the effort if you want to protect the paint of your car but not willing to spend more than $100. You will agree that this is the best way to spend the $100 after doing it up haha.

https://www.amazon.com/NASIOL-LOVE-PROTECT-ORIGINAL-Protection/dp/B0722MCBBT/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1532656848&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=zr53

https://www.nasiol.com/nasiol-zr53-nano-ceramic-coating

Edited by Lightsabre
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

i applied ZR53 on my previous car through car detailer, it's really good, though i heard that there is another upgrade version of this ZR53 coating. Just got my new car, went back to the same detailer, and found out that they had stop using ZR53, was so disappointed. However they introduce me 3M hypershield coating. So i was surprise and went online to research, in fact they are the only authorized detailer providing 3M coating. Try my luck to get a solution online but cant find it anywhere, so just went ahead and let the detailer do the job. Thumb up.

• Praise 1

Bro, so you are adding on ZR53 to your existing coating? Saw you just paid $550 for a coating job..

Yes unfortunately. Not really regretting as i now very 看得开 haha. Would have just applied ZR53 if i had known about it earlier.

Just want something that makes car wash easier and effect more lasting. The $550 coating did not give me the confidence. Obvious when washing car as i always wash my car myself. Too bad you do not want to do for my car haha.

(edited)

i applied ZR53 on my previous car through car detailer, it's really good, though i heard that there is another upgrade version of this ZR53 coating. Just got my new car, went back to the same detailer, and found out that they had stop using ZR53, was so disappointed. However they introduce me 3M hypershield coating. So i was surprise and went online to research, in fact they are the only authorized detailer providing 3M coating. Try my luck to get a solution online but cant find it anywhere, so just went ahead and let the detailer do the job. Thumb up.

Yes it is called NL272, seems equivalent to what bro Benny is offering. But as it would have cost me about S$220 to get, i give it a miss since i have already paid $550 for a professoonal coating.

Would give it a try on my next car haha.

https://www.nasiol.com/nasiol-nl272/

Edited by Heartlander

Yes it is called NL272, seems equivalent to what bro Benny is offering. But as it would have cost me about S$220 to get, i give it a miss since i have already paid $550 for a professoonal coating.

Would give it a try on my next car haha.

https://www.nasiol.com/nasiol-nl272/

NL272 is really impressive after reading all the reviews and videos.

But i had already gone for 3M hypershield coating. So far so good. 

Got a 7 years old car with crazy water marks and swirl marks, went for their package.

10 hours of polishing using some 3M technology before having the coating applied.

now it look like a 2 years old car, damn happy with the result. 

• Praise 1

Yes unfortunately. Not really regretting as i now very 看得开 haha. Would have just applied ZR53 if i had known about it earlier.

Just want something that makes car wash easier and effect more lasting. The $550 coating did not give me the confidence. Obvious when washing car as i always wash my car myself. Too bad you do not want to do for my car haha.

I salute you bro..detailing a veIlfire is really no joke.. 

I salute you bro..detailing a veIlfire is really no joke.. 

Actually only the four doors are nightmares, the other panels all quite small. And all being very straight, make it easier to do. Actually I think you should try out one of these days. Just take a stool, sit down relax and start doing slowly. Straight panels all, no sweat lah.

But I nearly gave up after doing the first door when I realised the first area already started to harden when I started the buffing process. Really panicky. Can see a few patched of hazing patches but I not really hardcore lah, imperfections definitely acceptable if diy by me, but paid one is different story lah haha.

I've done two ceramic coat with MD INTENSITY-7 which is a dual layer professional product and I can tell you the application take a LONG time and takes a bit of elbow grease. That's assuming your paint does not need to be corrected. Also, if you're not careful you can leave uneven coating and then you'll have to compound it away with a DA polisher and repeat the process.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Supercharged

A colleague of mine raved about this after he applied on his new car. 

Despite the good things, he did complained that he needed to use his polishing tool to remove the hardened layer on a small segment of the car body after he took too long to buff it away, which he shared was only about 1 minute. But other than that, if follow the instruction to the T and be very kiasu to buff it straight away after applying, it will be alright.

So I read online on this product for awhile to know what I am getting myself into. Actually I have just paid $550 for a coating but I was not very satisfied with the finishing as its hydrophobic quality was not really great. And the more I read, the more I am impressed, especially with the many positive reviews posted. I knew that they can't be all false as my colleague's testimonial is real one.

So subsequently I took the plunge to get it on Amazon, paying about $100 with delivery. But applying it took some effort as need to cater for curing time of 2 full days meaning must have good weather and able to do without car for at least a day. So when all the stars aligned, I manage to do it but met with a few hiccups. The day I applied leave it was cloudy and threatening to pour, and I manage to start only at about 2pm after the sky started clearing. As a result I worked till 830pm under insufficient light condition, and missed a few small spots as a result. Applying was straight forward enough. Just dab the small bottle of liquid onto 1 of the 10 cotton pads provided and wipe on the car body. Divide the car into about 10 panels and use a pad for each panel. After apply the coating on a panel, use a clean cloth to buff it off straight away. Sound easy and indeed quite easy to do. But as the liquid dry up very fast, the wiping off (buffing) must be done within 20sec else it will harden and will need to use polishing tools to remove it. Sound scary haha.

The process started quite promisingly. I worked on the bonnet first. As the Vellfire bonnet is very small, doing it in 2 parts worked very well. But when it come to the 4 doors, that was when got headache. As Vellfire doors are huge, I should have divided into 3 panels but I was abit impatient and tried to do it under 2 panels. So when I finish applying the coating and got to doing buffing straight away, the time taken for the coating to dry was too long as started to harden causing hazy look to happen. I quickly hasten the buffing process and manage to reduce the damage. But can see a small fist-size hazy spot already. A bit sian, but I pressed on to do the rest of the car  as no turning back already. As the instruction was not to apply on glass surface, I applied on all the plastic parts including bumpers also the wheels.

The morning after, the car body felt smooth, unlike the $550 coating job I just did which is the norm. The smoothness is akin to doing waxing. I was quite relieve that it went well after checking the car, could see a few hazy spots but I have learnt to take it easy. Next time will do it better haha.

It had been about 2 months since I applied the coating, and the hydrophobic effect still very strong as expected. And the car definitely feel more slick and washing is much more easy. Once you spray water, it will just rush down. The leaf blower will definitely be able to dry the car very quickly.

On hindsight, I should have divided the bigger panels into more sub panels to do the coating, and get someone to help if possible. If one person apply the coating, and another do the buffing will be perfect.

In the market under DIY category, I would think only Opti-gloss come close. I have applied it before. Comparatively easier to apply, but seems the effect not as strong as this ZR53 coating. But as this ZR53 is not so forgiving when it comes to application, Opti-gloss would be suitable for those doing it the first time. I will definitely buy this ZR53 again in few years time to redo the coating if I am still holding on to this ride haha..

Read up the reviews to understand more about the product if you keen to do. Bear in mind that if your car is not new, you will need to polish it first, else all the imperfections will be locked up for the next few years. But nonetheless there is still merit, as your car will be much easier to wash and will not get worse haha.

Bottom line is that this Naisol ZR53 is definitely worth the effort if you want to protect the paint of your car but not willing to spend more than $100. You will agree that this is the best way to spend the $100 after doing it up haha.

https://www.amazon.com/NASIOL-LOVE-PROTECT-ORIGINAL-Protection/dp/B0722MCBBT/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1532656848&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=zr53

https://www.nasiol.com/nasiol-zr53-nano-ceramic-coating

it seems that you were not happy with the initial coating as the hydrophobic properties was not up to your expectation.

There are many "spray-on" coating lately in the market now have you tried them? 

• Praise 1

This is sort of an update of my journey with this Naisol coating.

Unfortunately I could not share the longevity of the coating with the Vellfire as I sold it off very soon after my last sharing last July. But I did coated my 2 replacement rides with the same coating. And after at least 6 months of application, I am happy to report that the water beading is still holding up despite my 3 weekly washing routine. But can see the hydrophobic effect slightly losing its power to dispel water. So I will still recommend this to whoever wanting a cheap and decent ceramic coating at good price.

But anyway my colleague recently shared with me this new coating product from Meguair that has been all the rage in USA recently. Easy to apply - just need to spray on generously after washing and rinsing the car, dry the car off, and that is it! And 1 bottle cost only $27.90 at Shopee:

https://shopee.sg/Meguiar%27s-G190526-Hybrid-Ceramic-Wax-26-oz-and-Edgeless-Microfiber-Towel-i.92935577.2028855674

I attach a few videos from USA:

Listen to the intro of the videos, this product really rock the detailing scene there.

Supercharged

This is sort of an update of my journey with this Naisol coating.

Unfortunately I could not share the longevity of the coating with the Vellfire as I sold it off very soon after my last sharing last July. But I did coated my 2 replacement rides with the same coating. And after at least 6 months of application, I am happy to report that the water beading is still holding up despite my 3 weekly washing routine. But can see the hydrophobic effect slightly losing its power to dispel water. So I will still recommend this to whoever wanting a cheap and decent ceramic coating at good price.

But anyway my colleague recently shared with me this new coating product from Meguair that has been all the rage in USA recently. Easy to apply - just need to spray on generously after washing and rinsing the car, dry the car off, and that is it! And 1 bottle cost only $27.90 at Shopee:

https://shopee.sg/Meguiar%27s-G190526-Hybrid-Ceramic-Wax-26-oz-and-Edgeless-Microfiber-Towel-i.92935577.2028855674

I attach a few videos from USA:

Listen to the intro of the videos, this product really rock the detailing scene there.

Yup this is one of the spray on product that I am actually referring to. In fact, there are also some competitor products out there with similar properties. 

Neutral Newbie
On 7/27/2018 at 10:57 AM, Maddriver said:

Bro, so you are adding on ZR53 to your existing coating? Saw you just paid $550 for a coating job..

Bro you are right!!!

↡ Advertisement