EPL 18/19 - New Season Begins

kdash

i think a.w is the first 1 to start using kids for cups training.

after that alot of big clubs follow.

only a clubs like man c,

with almost 24 first choice players, then u can go all out in cups completeion

Yes Wenger was the perfect Club Mgr from owner’s perspective as he towed the line and was ever mindful of bottom line but he fell out with the terraces ie fans in his last years so I’m not sure if this is the correct way to handle matters?

His legacy was tarnished in his pursuit for 4th place which to his credit he delivered year in, year out and it was only in his final year or 2 that he didn’t manage it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

When Pool win the League Cup, FA Cup and UEFA Cup people say its just Mickey Mouse Cup.

When they don't win it people say they don't take the cups seriously enough.

Win and people belittle your winnings. Don't win and also people criticise.

True or not?

:D

Quite true from the Money Men(cos they feel 4th place is better than Cup silverware) and jealous rival fans but u will nvr hear me saying this!

• Praise 7

Actually Iâm not sure what is the better way to participate in the FA Cup.

When Pool was weak, they still preferred to play youngsters knowing that the Cups offered them a chance for silverware. Now when Pool is strong, they still played weaken teams with the excuse that EPL title was the priority. Iâve no intention of knocking Pool nor telling them what to do but it is sad that the FA Cup has been downgraded so much when in the old days, the highlight of a professional was to play in a Wembley Cup Final, haiz......

B4 the champions league became non fiction. Domestic cups in most european leagues are widely supported. Lifting a cup. Finishing as champions of their respective league was the main goals only. Only the league champions gets to play european cup. Finishing 2nd and 3rd. The uefa cup. And winning the cup. Goes to cups winners cup.

Those were the days.

The fa cup was the most prestigous domestic cup accross europe. The prize monies waa good then. But champions league got bigger and the monies is like 30times more than the fa cup and will continue to get bigger unfortunately.

Thus the shine of the fa cup loses.

Then the financials of playing in epl is so great. Relegation will means 100million lost. Winning the fa cup and pocketing 3million is ermm not attractive anymore.

So even the mid and relegation threatened teams dun treat the fa cup seriously liao

• Praise 4

Actually I’m not sure what is the better way to participate in the FA Cup.

When Pool was weak, they still preferred to play youngsters knowing that the Cups offered them a chance for silverware. Now when Pool is strong, they still played weaken teams with the excuse that EPL title was the priority. I’ve no intention of knocking Pool nor telling them what to do but it is sad that the FA Cup has been downgraded so much when in the old days, the highlight of a professional was to play in a Wembley Cup Final, haiz......

i think it was some conscious decision of years gone by, that the fringe/young players who don't normally get to play in the league matches, be given some game time to gain some competitive experience during the cup games. That way, hopefully it will offer those players some hope and not grow restless and leave for other clubs in search of game time.

Might be a valid reason, but it's true that such approach devalues the cup competitions, and also subconsciously led to the teams not treating them seriously.

In terms of glory, my view is that:

long ago, the club revenue/profit and the players' salary were not exorbitant for the top players. Attractive, but not astronomical. So the players and clubs were not so fixated on $$, but rather more focused on the glory.

Fast forward to the age where broadcast rights going into billions of dollars, and all clubs and players then throw the glory out of the windows, and instead only think about the $$ lor...

• Praise 3

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11644511/chelsea-given-two-transfer-window-ban-after-breaching-fifa-regulations

Chelsea given two transfer-window ban after breaching FIFA rules

good loh, as a chelsea fan i hope they kenna ban.

so many good players any how sell.

buy already all loan out.

good youngester dun want to play them.

but keep signing youth player.

the 1 incharge of buy/sell players in recent years need to be sack

• Praise 1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11644511/chelsea-given-two-transfer-window-ban-after-breaching-fifa-regulations

Spurs just completed their 1 yr transfer ban. Self voluntary.

Chelsea dun spend money is like asking a girl not to out on make up to work

Spurs just completed their 1 yr transfer ban. Self voluntary.

Chelsea dun spend money is like asking a girl not to out on make up to work

for the record chelsea got 41 players on loan.

:=B:  take them back and use them properly...

rather then getting zidane and another 200m at risk...

for the record chelsea got 41 players on loan.

:=B: take them back and use them properly...

rather then getting zidane and another 200m at risk...

I thought is 42. Lol.

Victor moses. Morata. The american kid.

Almost 4 teams out on loan hehe

• Praise 1

Haiz. Spurs league challenge officially over after this loss. Haiz.

Another trophyless season

Pochettino lost his cool at the ref after the game but I believe ref Dean also said something to him as Poch turned back n continued a second round of abuse n even the other Spurs coach Jesus Perez also pointed a finger at Dean.

Whilst it was wrong for Poch to confront the ref, I believe Dean didn’t help matters by uttering something. Mgrs n coaches can get into trouble by refs reporting them but the same doesn’t seem to apply for refs. Who can report them if they step out of line? I know there is a ref assessor in the stands but surely he can’t bear what was said on the field.

Spurs were nvr really in the title hunt but I suppose if they had won last night, pressure would hv been put on the top 2 n unfortunately they failed to make the most of it. As for being trophyless, there is still UCL but that trophy is difficult to win with so many quality teams left in the competition but as long as there is a glimmer of hope, I’m sure Spurs would go all out.

• Praise 2

I don’t think any of the youngsters from the academy who left made good elsewhere. The ones who turned out well were players bought from other clubs n subsequently sold like Lukaku, De Bruyne n Salah amongst a few others so in that sense Chelsea were not wrong in their judgment of the academy youths n they made quite abit of £ selling on some of them as well. A lot of youngsters showed promise but failed to make the step up cos being a top 6 team player, u need more than just skill to break into the first team. Mental strength, discipline, staying calm n composed to show your capabilities when limited opportunities to play etc are amongst other traits required.

That said, I do agree that this is not a meat trade n players from the academy shld be given every chance to prove their worth which Chelsea are notoriously poor at doing so. Chelsea will appeal n they might be spared this summer window to buy in players whilst their appeal is being heard. The 2 Madrid teams n Barca hv all been found guilty of the same offence n I believe Real Madrid got their ban halved. Other EPL clubs are said to be under investigation as well.

• Praise 2

Rumours is that Zizhuo (Zidane) is coming to Chelsea  :ninja:

He has to be daft to join Chelsea as they always sack their managers.

Just like the lousy jobs in Singapore. There is always a vacancy as people

leave but as soon as the new person join they find out how bad it is and soon

also leave.

He has to be daft to join Chelsea as they always sack their managers.

Just like the lousy jobs in Singapore. There is always a vacancy as people

leave but as soon as the new person join they find out how bad it is and soon

also leave.

Who gives a shit? As Long as it pays well and comes with BIG exit package..am sure Fandi Ahmad would want ..

B4 the champions league became non fiction. Domestic cups in most european leagues are widely supported. Lifting a cup. Finishing as champions of their respective league was the main goals only. Only the league champions gets to play european cup. Finishing 2nd and 3rd. The uefa cup. And winning the cup. Goes to cups winners cup.

Those were the days.

The fa cup was the most prestigous domestic cup accross europe. The prize monies waa good then. But champions league got bigger and the monies is like 30times more than the fa cup and will continue to get bigger unfortunately.

Thus the shine of the fa cup loses.

Then the financials of playing in epl is so great. Relegation will means 100million lost. Winning the fa cup and pocketing 3million is ermm not attractive anymore.

So even the mid and relegation threatened teams dun treat the fa cup seriously liao

Heh heh.. it has all along about money.. last time Mickey Mouse cups got more $$$ than 2nd/3rd and 4th place.. now ever since stupiak singtel bid so bloody HIGH, more $$$ in placings.. so end of the day it’s all $$$$. Old school or new school Edited by BenTong

M.U. may out of the race. But today(vs Liverpool) and 13th March agian M. City more or less will deicide who will be the Champion.

Base on current form. M.U. have the edge. Liverpool start going downward.

I predict M.U. will help his brother to stay on top of the table.

• Praise 1

Man U match is just 3 points and to say they can decide who will be champions is not true.

They will decide who is champions as much as all the other clubs in the PL.

If Pool beat Man U and lose all their remaining matches then can we say Man U decided

that City become the champions?

Edited by Jamesc