EPL 18/19 - New Season Begins

kdash

yesterday match prove my point lol

I think almost everyone knows Arsenal need central defenders, in fact maybe even 2 but the lack of quality CBs worldwide means they are expensive n highly sort after. As I mentioned before, maybe at this point of time, an older n more experienced CB like Cahill could be a better choice for now whilst the younger defenders gain experience.

I know your stand on blocking youth progress n I agree but the weakness is there for all to see n needs to be addressed this season before even a top 6 place is not attainable then it would be too late.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I think almost everyone knows Arsenal need central defenders, in fact maybe even 2 but the lack of quality CBs worldwide means they are expensive n highly sort after. As I mentioned before, maybe at this point of time, an older n more experienced CB like Cahill could be a better choice for now whilst the younger defenders gain experience.

I know your stand on blocking youth progress n I agree but the weakness is there for all to see n needs to be addressed this season before even a top 6 place is not attainable then it would be too late.

point is cahill won't improve the defence...  

• Praise 1

point is cahill won't improve the defence...

Well he could plug the gaps whilst the younger ones get another season or 2 to be ready. Anyway he won’t make it worse so no harm trying but admittedly his wages maybe an issue but that aside, he is free n English.

• Praise 4

Well he could plug the gaps whilst the younger ones get another season or 2 to be ready. Anyway he won’t make it worse so no harm trying but admittedly his wages maybe an issue but that aside, he is free n English.

he does make it worse, our wage budget is already stretched as it is......we have enough of deadwood... unless it is pay as you play.... i rather not

might as well blood mavarpanos and zed medley

Liverpool trying to hijack Pepe deal.

Rep talking to Pepe asking him if he wants to play Champions League or Europa Cup?

:D

Really sneaky.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Rep talking to Pepe asking him if he wants to play Champions League or Europa Cup?

Really sneaky.

Well very good question asked wor....

Gareth Bale joined RM in summer of 2014, ZZ became RM Mgr in 2016 so u canât say Board forced Bale onto ZZ as Bale was already there. Granted perhaps that Bale is not ZZ type of player so he wants him out, not entirely wrong for a coach to want to move on players who he feels donât suit his style but the top coaches make do with what they have n very often improve players. This is definitely not ZZ forte as he became successful cos of the Spanish clubâs ability to sign top players.

It may sound harsh as ZZ still needed to blend the top players into a winning unit but I just feel ZZ will have it harder this round as RM is rebuilding which is not entirely what ZZ is known for, we shall see.....

Real Madrid actually has so many good world class players at his disposal. So its a matter of how to play their strengths which i tink Zz dunno how to manage bah.

Isco. Bale. Kroos. Modric. James rodriguez. The 2 camermario. 1 brazil 1 spainish one dann. Cant rem their names.

Their midfield actually quite solid lor.

• Praise 3

Well very good question asked wor....

Real Madrid actually has so many good world class players at his disposal. So its a matter of how to play their strengths which i tink Zz dunno how to manage bah.

Isco. Bale. Kroos. Modric. James rodriguez. The 2 camermario. 1 brazil 1 spainish one dann. Cant rem their names.

Their midfield actually quite solid lor.

dun write him off too early.

he wont 3 UCL in a row. never b4 in history. 

(althrough CR7 play  a important part).

how bad the result now is also friendly only.

but real problem is the def i think, all ageing.

i am surprise they never make much reforcement there

• Praise 3

Really sneaky.

I though they spoke last week?

He say he want guaranteed first team place

• Praise 1

I though they spoke last week?

He say he want guaranteed first team place

Yup you are right. Liverpool Echo got it wrong.

No hijack Pepe is going to Arsenal.

The Echo blames ‘the pesky French media’. Or should we say that they thank the ‘pesky French media’ for giving them a clickable headline?

Here’s what they say:

So off we go to Foot Mercato, who do not mention any ‘hijack’ (or ‘détourner’) but instead report that – via Google Translate – ‘While Arsenal would now hold the rope on the record, the Times reports that Liverpool, winner of the last Champions League, would have contacted the agent of Lille.’

‘Foot Mercato report the Reds will make a late bid to hijack Arsenal’s deal for Pepe.’

That will be the ‘pesky French media’, reporting the most English of media in the form of The Times. Or rather the Sunday Times, where Duncan Castles writes that ‘Arsenal have agreed a club-record fee of £72m with Lille for Nicolas Pepe and have been granted permission to conclude a deal with the free-scoring Ivory Coast international’.

Sounds like a done deal. But what of Liverpool and their ‘hijack’? Well in the fifth paragraph, Castles writes this sentence:Six words. Including two that indicate the past tense.

‘Liverpool had contacted the player’s agent.’

And over 24 hours later, the Echo are happy to report that the Nicolas Pepe deal is being ‘hijacked’.

One word: Shameless.

• Praise 1

Paulo Dybala n Romelu Lukaku in straight swap between Juventus n Man United?

British n Italian press reporting widely this morning.

I find it strange that Sarri would want Lukaku n also I’m not sure if Dybala is a fit for United though technically he is very good. Nevertheless, I think it’s best for all parties if this move gets done n I await to see how Dybala settles into EPL. As for Lukaku, seldom see a striker of his physique in Serie A so let’s see how it goes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7300437/Transfer-news-United-Juventus-verge-finalising-HUGE-Lukaku-Dybala-swap-deal.html

• Praise 6

Paulo Dybala n Romelu Lukaku in straight swap between Juventus n Man United?

British n Italian press reporting widely this morning.

I find it strange that Sarri would want Lukaku n also I’m not sure if Dybala is a fit for United though technically he is very good. Nevertheless, I think it’s best for all parties if this move gets done n I await to see how Dybala settles into EPL. As for Lukaku, seldom see a striker of his physique in Serie A so let’s see how it goes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7300437/Transfer-news-United-Juventus-verge-finalising-HUGE-Lukaku-Dybala-swap-deal.html

I think Sarri like fat strikers and don't like thin ones.

36F7FF3900000578-3728262-image-m-14_1470

Ds82Ud0WwAcHB0C.jpg

Too thin

alvaro-morata-atletico-madrid-1555836610

• Praise 5

Twincharged

Lukaku may look fat in picture

But Strong as a Bull, So has his strengths,scoring record is quite decent 

I think Sarri like fat strikers and don't like thin ones.

36F7FF3900000578-3728262-image-m-14_1470

Ds82Ud0WwAcHB0C.jpg

Too thin

alvaro-morata-atletico-madrid-1555836610

• Praise 10