EPL 18/19 - New Season Begins

kdash

Zaha could sit tight n refuse to move to Everton if he feels that is not the right move for him. As for Gunners, I don’t think they are anywhere near matching the asking price so looks like they are out of it but makes u wonder how come Arsenal can’t afford whilst Everton with smaller ground capacity n lower resources can?

Arsenal have a lot of money but new owners keep the money.

Everton owners put in money from their own pockets.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Diego Costa scored 4 goals as Ath Madrid beat Real Madrid 7-3 in this morning’s ICC game in New Jersey n then promptly got himself sent off with Real’s Carjaval in which he sparked a 22 men brawl.

The beast is back showing his outstanding goal scoring side n also his ugly side in the same match!

post-48108-0-18753200-1564234326_thumb.png

• Praise 9

Iâm aware of their new owner, Farhad Moshiri who ironically was an Arsenal shareholder prior to taking over Everton. But my point was that revenue at Arsenal is much much higher compared to Everton, owner funds notwithstanding.

If u want to take into account owner input of funds then even more damning as Kroenke is much richer than Moshiri.

Apologies if it seems Iâm targeting Arsenal/Kroenke always but thatâs not the case as Iâve targeted Toon/Ashley n even Pool/Fenway when they first arrived as Iâm particularly peeved when fans, clubs are shortchanged.

My goodness... 80m for pepe when we need a defender..

If the deal happens, not sure to be happy or not

• Praise 1

My goodness... 80m for pepe when we need a defender..

If the deal happens, not sure to be happy or not

This came out of the blue and unexpected esp at 80mil and after all the reports of low offer price for Zaha. Some reports saying its been agreed whilst others mentioning Arsenal are 1 of few clubs who have agreed the fee for Pepe.

If it’s true then obviously some of us including me will have to eat our words on Gunners owners being skint. As for Pepe, despite being younger than Zaha; I wonder how come Arsenal willing to pay that amount for him but not Zaha who qualifies as home grown if not mistaken which is obviously a plus as far as squad numbers are concerned. Also, Zaha is proven in EPL.

• Praise 5

This came out of the blue and unexpected esp at 80mil and after all the reports of low offer price for Zaha. Some reports saying its been agreed whilst others mentioning Arsenal are 1 of few clubs who have agreed the fee for Pepe.

If itâs true then obviously some of us including me will have to eat our words on Gunners owners being skint. As for Pepe, despite being younger than Zaha; I wonder how come Arsenal willing to pay that amount for him but not Zaha who qualifies as home grown if not mistaken which is obviously a plus as far as squad numbers are concerned. Also, Zaha is proven in EPL.

Supposedly lille was more flexible in their payment structure

If this goes through, it is not only the transfer fee that will be a shocker....

We have supposedly offered much higher agent fee to pepe agent as of course much higher wages to pepe as compared to Napoli.

Something Wenger was never willing to do.

Let's see how it goes

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Diego Costa scored 4 goals as Ath Madrid beat Real Madrid 7-3 in this morningâs ICC game in New Jersey n then promptly got himself sent off with Realâs Carjaval in which he sparked a 22 men brawl.

The beast is back showing his outstanding goal scoring side n also his ugly side in the same match!

Zidane to be sacked soon bah.

Real madrid is now a sibei toxic team.

And zidane just wants to show hes still the best player in the world.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Please keep all those non England clubs out of this thread.. mod pls take look.. whoops it’s the mod himself..

• Praise 1

Supposedly lille was more flexible in their payment structure

If this goes through, it is not only the transfer fee that will be a shocker....

We have supposedly offered much higher agent fee to pepe agent as of course much higher wages to pepe as compared to Napoli.

Something Wenger was never willing to do.

Let's see how it goes

I’m surprised at the complete change of transfer strategy from being tight fisted to being competitive. Not sure if it’s cos of the protest from the different Gunners fan groups who demanded more release of funds for buying players?

Then again it could be Arsenal were just testing waters n now bearing their fangs as deadline day 8/8 approaches? Either way, whilst it’s always good to promote from within ie promoting youth from the academy, some star names brought in always lights up a club n gives confidence, positive vibes n hopes that the club is competitive n serious in mounting a challenge.

On a side note, Paulo Dybala is also being quoted at 70-80mil. He seems to be out of favour at Juventus at the moment n till recently, it was unthinkable that he would be available for tfr. I wonder how he will fare in EPL cos on technical ability alone, he is amongst the top players but adjusting to EPL is a different cattle of fish altogether. Several EPL clubs after him including Spurs n Man United. Pepe v Dybala? Who better buy?

• Praise 4

Aston Villa on the verge of signing their 11th new player this window. Not sure if this is the right strategy for a newly promoted club? They have spent almost £100mil. Fulham did that last season n some of their signings like Schurrle, Mitrovic n Seri were big names but they got relegated!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1158826/Aston-Villa-transfer-news-Dean-Smith-Marvelous-Nakamba-Matt-Targett-Bjorn-Engels-Jota

• Praise 5

Aston Villa on the verge of signing their 11th new player this window. Not sure if this is the right strategy for a newly promoted club? They have spent almost £100mil. Fulham did that last season n some of their signings like Schurrle, Mitrovic n Seri were big names but they got relegated!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1158826/Aston-Villa-transfer-news-Dean-Smith-Marvelous-Nakamba-Matt-Targett-Bjorn-Engels-Jota

If I am not wrong I think they made a marvelous signing.

:grin:

Breaking.......BBC reports Gareth Bale move to China called off by Real Madrid.

Looks like he will stay in Spain. Think the 3-7 defeat by Ath Madrid n the injury to Asensio has forced Real’s arm?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49144872

What this False Madrid are really terrible.

ZZ publicly tell the whole world Bale is not wanted

and he got a 1 million pounds a week deal and

because of injury turn around and won't let him leave.

:D

(edited)

The behaviour of Zinedine Zidane towards Gareth Bale has been shocking – but not necessarily surprising.

I’m sure it must be difficult when you cross the divide from player to coach or manager – after all, it doesn’t work when you’re everyone’s friend and there has to be some distance.

But Zidane knows as well as anyone what it’s like to be in that Real Madrid dressing room and to be subjected to that sort of treatment.

Not that he was ever on the ­receiving end himself, but he will have seen team-mates and friends go through something similar to Bale when the club decided they were surplus to requirements.

So, for him to coat the Welshman as publicly as he has done leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

The greatest of managers deal with things privately and, in speaking as openly as he has, Zidane has broken one of the cardinal rules.

Which is why it’s such a shame to see him turn on a player who has won even more silverware as a Real Madrid player than he did.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Iâm surprised at the complete change of transfer strategy from being tight fisted to being competitive. Not sure if itâs cos of the protest from the different Gunners fan groups who demanded more release of funds for buying players?

Then again it could be Arsenal were just testing waters n now bearing their fangs as deadline day 8/8 approaches? Either way, whilst itâs always good to promote from within ie promoting youth from the academy, some star names brought in always lights up a club n gives confidence, positive vibes n hopes that the club is competitive n serious in mounting a challenge.

On a side note, Paulo Dybala is also being quoted at 70-80mil. He seems to be out of favour at Juventus at the moment n till recently, it was unthinkable that he would be available for tfr. I wonder how he will fare in EPL cos on technical ability alone, he is amongst the top players but adjusting to EPL is a different cattle of fish altogether. Several EPL clubs after him including Spurs n Man United. Pepe v Dybala? Who better buy?

Different position, hard to compare. Dybala more suited for Chelsea

At 70-80m, best buy for arsenal is de ligt

But regardless de ligt or pepe, it's a huge risk at that amount. But at least even he fail, should be able get back 30-40m for pepe lol

Manager given a free shopping spree at walmart

Different position, hard to compare. Dybala more suited for Chelsea

At 70-80m, best buy for arsenal is de ligt

But regardless de ligt or pepe, it's a huge risk at that amount. But at least even he fail, should be able get back 30-40m for pepe lol

Manager given a free shopping spree at walmart

yesterday match prove my point lol

Turbocharged

The behaviour of Zinedine Zidane towards Gareth Bale has been shocking – but not necessarily surprising.

I’m sure it must be difficult when you cross the divide from player to coach or manager – after all, it doesn’t work when you’re everyone’s friend and there has to be some distance.

But Zidane knows as well as anyone what it’s like to be in that Real Madrid dressing room and to be subjected to that sort of treatment.

Not that he was ever on the ­receiving end himself, but he will have seen team-mates and friends go through something similar to Bale when the club decided they were surplus to requirements.

So, for him to coat the Welshman as publicly as he has done leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

The greatest of managers deal with things privately and, in speaking as openly as he has, Zidane has broken one of the cardinal rules.

Which is why it’s such a shame to see him turn on a player who has won even more silverware as a Real Madrid player than he did.

depends on how Bale reacts

the last time Beckham was in similar situation, he reacted professionally, trained hard and even forced his way back to the first team and contributed much to their title race

• Praise 4

depends on how Bale reacts

the last time Beckham was in similar situation, he reacted professionally, trained hard and even forced his way back to the first team and contributed much to their title race

but some time if a coach dun like 1 player  , u cannot fault him also.

he is the coach, he choose the player that suit his style.

so far zz only give his view on the transfer situation of bale.

he didnt condemn bale for anything else.

maybe its the board's fault for forcing bale onto zz?

• Praise 2

but some time if a coach dun like 1 player , u cannot fault him also.

he is the coach, he choose the player that suit his style.

so far zz only give his view on the transfer situation of bale.

he didnt condemn bale for anything else.

maybe its the board's fault for forcing bale onto zz?

Gareth Bale joined RM in summer of 2014, ZZ became RM Mgr in 2016 so u can’t say Board forced Bale onto ZZ as Bale was already there. Granted perhaps that Bale is not ZZ type of player so he wants him out, not entirely wrong for a coach to want to move on players who he feels don’t suit his style but the top coaches make do with what they have n very often improve players. This is definitely not ZZ forte as he became successful cos of the Spanish club’s ability to sign top players.

It may sound harsh as ZZ still needed to blend the top players into a winning unit but I just feel ZZ will have it harder this round as RM is rebuilding which is not entirely what ZZ is known for, we shall see.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3