EPL 18/19 - New Season Begins

kdash

Read somewhere zidane may be replacing moaner.

Think it would be better for football overall

the special one is into his 3rd season.. usually he leaves during his 3rd season at a club.. based on past historical trends 

the way he has started the pre-season and all the sulking and complaints.. these have already set up the journals off speculating that he is preparing his departure and saying his long goodbyes..  

I doubt Zidane will be good enough to replace Mourinho if he does leave.. Zidane's success are more due to the good squad he has rather than his own tactical astuteness.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

the special one is into his 3rd season.. usually he leaves during his 3rd season at a club.. based on past historical trends 

the way he has started the pre-season and all the sulking and complaints.. these have already set up the journals off speculating that he is preparing his departure and saying his long goodbyes..  

I doubt Zidane will be good enough to replace Mourinho if he does leave.. Zidane's success are more due to the good squad he has rather than his own tactical astuteness.  

first season i also think like that.

but when he win 3 straight CL  with real, i think he is a real tatical genius.

• Praise 1

tbh i rather have Zidane than JM at Man Utd looking at current state of matters

first season i also think like that.

but when he win 3 straight CL  with real, i think he is a real tatical genius.

I cannot remember the first 2 UCL finals, but i don't think the last one was his tactical credit leh. If it wasn't for that thug, the game was still very open, and RM could not get a foothold on the game. The blatant foul changed everything.

If it was Zidane's instructions/tactics, then my opinion of him (decent, but not fantastic - yet) will drop a few notches.

True that bringing in Bale sealed the game, but I think Pool was already quite affected and that helped RM's cause. I won't put Zidane in the league of the top managers/coaches just yet.

Supercharged

Spurs made no signings yet.....depth is still well needed.....plus son leaving for asian games. Might miss up to 4 games...

This season the usual top 6 again i predict. With man u. Man c. Pool as fave for the title

Spurs made no signings yet.....depth is still well needed.....plus son leaving for asian games. Might miss up to 4 games...

This season the usual top 6 again i predict. With man u. Man c. Pool as fave for the title

Spurs - they didnt make new signings but they were successful in tying their best players and coach to long term contracts. but seriously, unless these players improve significantly, it may be hard to see how Spurs can maintain the challenge in the coming season. The good thing is that among its rivals, only Pool has made a few key signings. Rest of the pack, including City are all pretty quiet on the transfer front.  

City with the squad at its disposal should be odds on favourites. Case in point - a 60M pd signing in Mahez which is likely to be a squad player, 

United - if Mourinho can finally get its star players in Sanchez and Progba playing to their true potential, the squad is decent enough to challenge CIty. The question, how to make the attack working given his tactical preferences to play safe. Progba and sanchez hardly look happy on the pitch.  

Pool - wild card of the pack.  If Klopp can get the new players to gel and settle, this will improve its squad and plug the obvious gaps in the previous season. Whether it can mount a serious challenge, it will largely depend on the word - consistency. 

Arsenal - new manager and a few faces. The attack should be settled and it is always a question whether they can defend better and show more steel in the middle of the park.  I think the 1st season will be tough for the manager. 

Chelsea - desperately trying to hold unto its stars. If it succeeds and also bag a quality striker, I expect Chelsea to break back into top 4. Morata isn't the main man to rely on, as the preseason games have again proved.  

• Praise 2

This is my take guys:

Man City: prob 1st or 2nd. played so well last season with great team and great coach. bought Mahrez to upgrade abit maybe bcos Silva getting old

Liverpool: I also expect to be first or 2nd, very strong young team that could have won UCL, and now only gotten better. also i think that Klopp is a very good coach who has always brought the best out of his players ie Dortmund was quite strong and won the thropies even with strong bayern as rivals. the new players they got in - Keita, Fabinho, are all very special and really good. plus theyre young, can improve so much more. perhaps their weakness from last season was GK, but now they got a new good one too - Brazil's starter Allison

Man U: has good players, will be interesting to see Mourinho's tactics. will be a threat if star players(such as Pogba and Sanchez) deliver consistenly

Arsenal: im not so confident about them, even though Emery is a good coach. the team doesnt convince me leh. they needed better quality in centre midfield, so that the players can play well together, but not sure if the Uruguayan player they bought is good enough

Spurs: if the young players continue to improve they can be a threat! i think top 4 

Chelsea: Im a Chelsea fan XDD think can top 4. new coach Sarri from Napoli is quite highly rated. will be a huge change from more defensive minded from Conte to attacking minded "Sarri-ball". Also Kante is staying, if Hazard stays, and our strikers improve or we get new strikers then im more optimistic. last year Napoli was close to winning the league too and didnt have a proper striker. (their striker Milik was injured quite alot). very excited to see they new playing style!

also noticed no Chelsea forum chat here? not many chelsea fans is it? 

EPL season starts shortly with the Community Shield Chelsea v Man City.

2 of the most attacking minded coaches clash at Wembley, will be interesting!

BTW, I changed the title to EPL instead of BPL cos Barclays not sponsor anymore.

• Praise 6

Aguero scored. City looking strong, will definitely be strong favourites to retain the EPL title...

Aguero scored. City looking strong, will definitely be strong favourites to retain the EPL title...

first 20mins is city all the way.

chelsea improve alot in last 20 mins.

but i getting tired of moreta , offer nothing.

barkely and Jorginho looking good for chelsea.

• Praise 1

first 20mins is city all the way.

chelsea improve alot in last 20 mins.

but i getting tired of moreta , offer nothing.

barkely and Jorginho looking good for chelsea.

yeah i spoke too soon...

Foden for City looks good too...

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

yeah i spoke too soon...

Foden for City looks good too...

quite impressive display by the 18yo wonderkid

hope he can get more chances and go on to be next Rooney

• Praise 1

EPL season starts shortly with the Community Shield Chelsea v Man City.

2 of the most attacking minded coaches clash at Wembley, will be interesting!

BTW, I changed the title to EPL instead of BPL cos Barclays not sponsor anymore.

Attacking mind...... :o

:a-m1524:  I think Chelsea manager lost his mind in last night game. Totally useless at the front and defence ... :a-bang:   

If only ManCity a little bit sharper, the score would have been 6 - 0 (Agureo could have scored 4 goals) :wacko:

• Praise 1

Attacking mind...... :o

:a-m1524: I think Chelsea manager lost his mind in last night game. Totally useless at the front and defence ... :a-bang:

If only ManCity a little bit sharper, the score would have been 6 - 0 (Agureo could have scored 4 goals) :wacko:

Agreed! So much for Sarriball which is what his methods are called.

To be fair, he only has been at Stamford Bridge for 3 weeks n even Pep took more than a season to get his methods across. Their new signing Jorginho also needs time to adjust to the much quicker pace of EPL as he was bypassed few times. Think they need Kante back soon

• Praise 3

Agreed! So much for Sarriball which is what his methods are called.

To be fair, he only has been at Stamford Bridge for 3 weeks n even Pep took more than a season to get his methods across. Their new signing Jorginho also needs time to adjust to the much quicker pace of EPL as he was bypassed few times. Think they need Kante back soon

after this game, even with some of his stars like hazard back, i think Sarri will be under no illusion of the size of the task before him. he will likely not be getting any further reinforcements in the market by 9 Aug and will face an anxious wait until end-Aug to confirm whether all his stars will be staying put.  not an easy or comfortable position at all. 

Jorginho looks off the pace and repeatedly surrendered possession. It will be some time before he acclimatize to the EPL.  Morata again shown his issue and Sarri can hardly depend on him for a season long campiagn. 

overall, Sarri's tactics is clear to see with a 4-3-3 and high press. However, he may not have the players yet to play according to his style.  in the central defence, he also has a major liability in David Luiz who can't play in a 2 CB setup. That's another headache. I suspect it wont be until about 8-10 games into the season before his setup will start to work. 

City, on the other hand, missing a similar number of WC stars in this game, looks so comfortable on the ball and also defensively pressing Chelsea high.  They are clear favourites for the title for sure. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2