EPL 18/19 - New Season Begins

kdash

Now we know who is the better Spanish manager.

There is Pep with his billion pounds of world class talent and there is Rafa with no money to buy anyone and can only get loan players no on wants.

Rafa has the finest tactical brain in football.

Pep only had deep pockets.

:D

↡ Advertisement

Stars really pointing to Pool getting their first ever EPL title with Man City going down 1-2 to Newcastle. Unexpected result and with the Citizens going for 4 fronts, expect more such results. I know cautious Pool fans will say not to count their chickens yet after previous disappointments but its really theirs to lose esp as they only competing on 2 fronts n also only needing to play Man United away amongst their top 6 fixtures.

Man United’s 100% record came to an end with a 2-2 draw at hone to Burnley but credit them for coming back from 2 goals down with their goals coming in the 87th min n injury time!

Arsenal pulled level with Chelsea after beating Cardiff 2-1.

Things are falling in place, but there are still 14 more matches for City to go. If there are only 4 matches left, then it's a shoo-in. And everybody says Pool doesn't have the experience, so let's continue to get the 3 points first, then go on to next match. If Pool can get and then maintains the 7 point lead into Apr, then only it's theirs to lose...

Utd were lucky to equalise in stoppage time. Burnley must be gutted. 2 goals up with 3 min left... sigh...

• Praise 4

Stars really pointing to Pool getting their first ever EPL title with Man City going down 1-2 to Newcastle. Unexpected result and with the Citizens going for 4 fronts, expect more such results. I know cautious Pool fans will say not to count their chickens yet after previous disappointments but its really theirs to lose esp as they only competing on 2 fronts n also only needing to play Man United away amongst their top 6 fixtures.

Man Unitedâs 100% record came to an end with a 2-2 draw at hone to Burnley but credit them for coming back from 2 goals down with their goals coming in the 87th min n injury time!

Arsenal pulled level with Chelsea after beating Cardiff 2-1.

Just watch the highlight.

Man c had a good goal disallow.

Newcastle score a flunk goal.

The pen also very unlucky.

This year really is pools title to lose.

They say to be Champion, u need Champion’s luck so it’s Pool’s name on the trophy I think with everything falling into place for them. Only fair as previous Champion’s also had their share of luck.

I respect City for going all out for 4 trophies. That shld be the attitude n spirit but I admit that maybe it’s too much for them even with their big squad. They playing next mid week as well (brought forward game which was originally scheduled for the League Cup Final weekend). Real fixture congestion with them still in the FA Cup as well.

• Praise 3

Whilst I respect and am pro Poch as he is a good coach, what he says is totally wrong as trophies are not about vanity but is actually what all FCs and their fans strive for. So be it League Cup or FA Cup, it is silverware nevertheless and whilst I understand the need for UCL qualification, clubs shld nvr disrespect domestic Cup competitions.

Changing of few players due to rotation is fine but not wholesale changes and u don’t belittle a Cup k/o by passing this kind of stupid remarks so this is totally uncalled for

• Praise 1

This weekend arsenal draw also wrong, win also wrong, lose also wrong

What u trying to get at? Arsenal won last night vs Cardiff n now pull level with Chelsea, that’s an excellent result bearing in mind Cardiff players very motivated in memory of Sala.

Losing at home to Man United was obviously a blow as this was a trophy for the taking esp as Arsenal hv won the most FA Cups in history n also after a good result against Chelsea.

• Praise 3

What u trying to get at? Arsenal won last night vs Cardiff n now pull level with Chelsea, that’s an excellent result bearing in mind Cardiff players very motivated in memory of Sala.

Losing at home to Man United was obviously a blow as this was a trophy for the taking esp as Arsenal hv won the most FA Cups in history n also after a good result against Chelsea.

maybe he mean sympathy for sala case? 

WOAH! Did not know about the win till now  [laugh]

Woohoo!  [flowerface]

• Praise 2

Things are falling in place, but there are still 14 more matches for City to go. If there are only 4 matches left, then it's a shoo-in. And everybody says Pool doesn't have the experience, so let's continue to get the 3 points first, then go on to next match. If Pool can get and then maintains the 7 point lead into Apr, then only it's theirs to lose...

Utd were lucky to equalise in stoppage time. Burnley must be gutted. 2 goals up with 3 min left... sigh...

return of Fergie time along with OGS!
  • Praise 3

Whilst I respect and am pro Poch as he is a good coach, what he says is totally wrong as trophies are not about vanity but is actually what all FCs and their fans strive for. So be it League Cup or FA Cup, it is silverware nevertheless and whilst I understand the need for UCL qualification, clubs shld nvr disrespect domestic Cup competitions.

Changing of few players due to rotation is fine but not wholesale changes and u don’t belittle a Cup k/o by passing this kind of stupid remarks so this is totally uncalled for

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

Chelsea humiliated at Bournemouth 0-4 which allows Arsenal to move into 4th.

Pool drop points for the first time to a team outside the top 6 but increase their lead to 5pts at the top of the table.

Arsenal the biggest winners this round as they would hv been the only winners amongst the top 6 teams if not for Spurs late turnaround vs Watford.

So Spurs entrench themselves amongst the top 4 UCL qualification places at the expense of 2 Cup exits vs Chelsea who have progressed in both domestic Cups but now find themselves outside the top 4. So who is right? A debate that will go on for ages but personally I don’t see why u cant go for all with some tweaking of course. Who’s to say Chelsea would not hv been beaten if they had exited the Cups n vice versa for Spurs?

• Praise 4

What u trying to get at? Arsenal won last night vs Cardiff n now pull level with Chelsea, thatâs an excellent result bearing in mind Cardiff players very motivated in memory of Sala.

I mean this weekend vs man city

Win and it becomes a 1 horse race

Draw does not benefit both parties

Lose and we may not qualify UCL

I mean this weekend vs man city

Win and it becomes a 1 horse race

Draw does not benefit both parties

Lose and we may not qualify UCL

Nothing is more impt than a win for ur team. Everything else will take care of themselves. So.. The choice is not difficult for this wkend.

Arsenal should win not to make it a one ð´ race.

They need to win to play Champions League football unless they prefer Man Utd to play instead and play in the Europa League.

Emery is an expert is winning Europa Cups.

:D

Your last sentence says it all... winning the europa cup means UCL qualification
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1