EPL 18/19 - New Season Begins

kdash

The norwaygien super sub striker turned coach really ole.

Tink 8wins 1 draw. No loss so far.

Now man utd serious contenter for top 4 liao.

↡ Advertisement

Ya they had let slip some really good players but the financial side of doing this project has reaped good financial rewards for Chelsea n hence they will continue doing this unless the rules are changed.

Latest buy Higuain seems to be settling in but he looks a tad slow as perhaps his fitness is not there yet.

BTW, Leeds your favourite team seems on course for promotion but alas lost the outright leadership to Norwich last weekend.

Higuain has always been slow bro.

His strength is to sit in the 6 yard box and if the defender is one side to pass the ball to the other side and before the defender can come around his fat body to tackle him he has already scored.

Some footballers have speed, some have height, some have skill, he has bulk like the Hulk.

He is poetry in motion just like this post.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

Kun Agüero hattrick see City down Arsenal 3-1 to go within 2 pts of Pool but with an extra game played as Pool visit Hammers tonite. Really good performance by City with an excellent team goal for the second Agüero goal

• Praise 1

Pool were held 1-1 at West Ham n now lead City by 3 pts at the top of the table.

Offside goal by Mane helped the Reds n yet Klopp was unhappy with ref Kevin Friend’s performance. They still have the luck of the Champions so all is not lost though City can go above them on goal diff by beating Everton on Wednesday in a rearranged game.

post-48108-0-19489000-1549322958_thumb.png

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

That’s true n also they do need to rotate as there is a fixture pile up for going for 4 trophies but Jesus doesn’t seem to be the player he was when he first joined City. Was selfish to try a shot when he came on when a side pass to Sterling would hv been the better option.

still a pretty good player... but am surprised that a regular Brazil national like him is willing to be a backup and wait for his chance

Man City is like playing Football Manager last time, buy all the good and young players until the squad is deep enough to have 2 competent teams

• Praise 1

still a pretty good player... but am surprised that a regular Brazil national like him is willing to be a backup and wait for his chance

Man City is like playing Football Manager last time, buy all the good and young players until the squad is deep enough to have 2 competent teams

Jesus shld replace Aguero in due time but Kun’s form has been outstanding that he takes some moving. Considering Kun was not expected to be Pep’s first choice as striker when the Spaniard first came to City due to Kun’s perceived inability to press from the front n his lack of work rate. Credit to Kun, his superior goal scoring n willingness to tweak his game but not at the expense of his goal scoring sharpness meant that it was Jesus who has to take a back seat.

• Praise 4

Man City went to the top of the table with a nervy 2-0 win over Everton. City who have more players with title wins also showed signs of nerves so Pool definitely will also feel this way in every game as they are far less experienced.

Next up City v Chelsea, Pool v Bournemouth at the weekend as the fixtures continue to roll in plus next mid week sees the return of UCL n UEL for the top 6 teams.

• Praise 3

Last 16 of FA Cup

Chelsea vs Man United

Bristol City (Championship) vs Wolf

BHA vs Derby (Championship)

Newport (League 2) vs Man City

QPR (Championship) vs Watford

Swansea vs Brentford  (both from Championship)

Doncaster (League 1) vs C Palace

Wimbledon (League 1) vs Millwall (Championship)

2 teams from the Lower league facing each other in the 5th round will make it to the QF of FA Cup.   Other than Chelsea who is facing Man United at home, the other 5 EPL teams will be playing against teams from lower league in the next round.  On paper, the remaining 6 berths are likely to be taken by EPL teams,  My guess is  M City, Watford, Wolf, BHA and C Palace will join Man United or Chelsea in the QF.  However, if major upset do happens, resulting in elimination of 5 EPL teams, only 1 EPL team (Man United or Chelsea) will be playing in the QF, which I think it is highly unlikely. Perhaps it is possible that 1 or 2 EPL teams might be knocked out by teams from lower league.

• Praise 1

Man City went to the top of the table with a nervy 2-0 win over Everton. City who have more players with title wins also showed signs of nerves so Pool definitely will also feel this way in every game as they are far less experienced.

Next up City v Chelsea, Pool v Bournemouth at the weekend as the fixtures continue to roll in plus next mid week sees the return of UCL n UEL for the top 6 teams.

I think Silva is going to get sacked.

Spend so much and always lose.

This was a blue on blue kill.

I think City will lose points at Chelsea.

• Praise 1

Last 16 of FA Cup

Chelsea vs Man United

Bristol City (Championship) vs Wolf

BHA vs Derby (Championship)

Newport (League 2) vs Man City

QPR (Championship) vs Watford

Swansea vs Brentford (both from Championship)

Doncaster (League 1) vs C Palace

Wimbledon (League 1) vs Millwall (Championship)

2 teams from the Lower league facing each other in the 5th round will make it to the QF of FA Cup. Other than Chelsea who is facing Man United at home, the other 5 EPL teams will be playing against teams from lower league in the next round. On paper, the remaining 6 berths are likely to be taken by EPL teams, My guess is M City, Watford, Wolf, BHA and C Palace will join Man United or Chelsea in the QF. However, if major upset do happens, resulting in elimination of 5 EPL teams, only 1 EPL team (Man United or Chelsea) will be playing in the QF, which I think it is highly unlikely. Perhaps it is possible that 1 or 2 EPL teams might be knocked out by teams from lower league.

In the Cup, a lot of possibilities can n often will happen so a few upsets always likely.

That said, I don’t see much upsets this round. Maybe the 2 EPL away teams to Championship sides ie Wolves and Watford are perhaps more vulnerable compared to City and Palace facing lower League opposition and Brighton being at home though Derby are a good Championship team.

Chelsea v Man United is almost impossible to predict as whilst United has momentum, Chelsea being holders and playing at home has some advantage.

I’m going for the 6 EPL teams plus Swansea and Wimbledon over Millwall (this clash is worrisome for the Police as Millwall has a hooligan/thug following and being a derby, security will be tight; just lucky it’s not played at the Den where there has been a lot of crowd trouble).

• Praise 2

I don’t mind being nervous and only 1:0 from now on.. Pool I mean
  • Praise 1

Man City vs Chelsea will be played @ Etihad.  

• Praise 2

Everton fans on social media have been gloating at their team’s defeat as this meant Pool would be overtaken! Can’t believe a supporter would want his team to lose just to topple their local rivals.

Silva was touted as the new JM after doing reasonably well at Hull especially n also Watford but the tide has turned against him as the Toffees have performed badly in recent games. He dropped their 2 most expensive players in Sigurdsson n Richarlison to the bench in a bid to shake up his team n show who is boss. Everton shld be targeting 7th at least so as to be the best of the rest but they are few points adrift of Wolves.

• Praise 2

I don’t mind being nervous and only 1:0 from now on.. Pool I mean

Yes it's results that count so how u play doesnt matter.

City played ugly to win 3 pts at Goodison so even Pep who is the strongest advocate of beautiful football is being pragmatic as the fixtures come thick n fast.

• Praise 2

My wish is citeh draw with girls guides pls.

Bournemouth kinda strange form. Perhaps they might stun pool.

Hopefully son score a hat trick against king power too.

Liverpool back in business as they whacked Bournemouth 3-0 to go back top of the table. Next EPL clash vs Man United in a fortnight will be their real test and frankly a draw wouldn’t be too bad a result bearing in mind match is played at OT and United’s current good form. Anyway, besides Everton away, this is about their only tough fixture away from home left.

Man United moved into the top 4 with a resounding 3-0 win at Fulham. The Cottagers look doomed for relegation even though on paper they have a reasonable good squad with quality players like Mitrovic, Schurrle and Sessegnon. Think its their defence that don’t seem to be able to avoid conceding goals which is their downfall. Then again, there is a saying that a team needs to defend from the front.

Arsenal scrapped a narrow 2-1 win at Huddersfield. The Terriers toothless attack meant they couldn’t get the equaliser when teh Gunners were there for the taking.

Cardiff with the spirit of Sala have now climbed out of the relegation zone by beating Saints 2-1 who now replace them in the bottom 3.

Tonite City v Chelsea shld be a cracker based on the previous League meeting between the 2 sides and a preview of the League Cup Final.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6