Why don't BMW Drivers use indicators?

therock

Lol.. . Zebra crossing lah.

But yeah... Pedestrian crossing alot buay zhi dong one... :D

as pedestrian i will sometimes quicken my pace and raise a hand to the driver as acknowledgement, cause as driver i would feel abit better if the pedestrian does that
  • Praise 2

Caught the same guy again and sent video to TP. At this rate, his demerit points dunno enough or not

wah he so lucky to meet you twice ah... not his day

Edited by Jnageb18
  • Praise 2

At the end of the day - about 75% of the cars i meet on the roads today don't bother to signal. The problem lies conveniently between the steering wheel and the driver seat - nothing to do with any make, model or vehicle type.

Plus there is the "OMG-you-signal-your-intention-so-now-my-accelerator-foot-is-triggered-so-you-cannot-cut-in-front-of-me" mentality of most impatient drivers on the roads.

Chicken & egg problem, perhaps? Maybe.

But if you don't start to signal, why expect others to? And that's why I have audio recording enabled in my in-car camera, so it records the "tic-tic" of my signal all the time.

Maybe than debating something that's inherently subjective human behavior, why not take a gander at this topic: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2711509-headlight-problems-with-modern-cars/

• Praise 1

When waiting in the queue, I turn off the indicator unless I am the last or first car cos it is irritating to the driver behind me!

I don't, regardless of my position in the queue. Cos it can be misleading. I am referring to roads where you can go straight or turn right. Cos the driver behind might think you have changed your mind and wanna go straight /or switch to left Lane to go straight since you had a signal on and cancelled it.

Unless it is a right turn Lane or something where you definitely have to turn.

At the end of the day - about 75% of the cars i meet on the roads today don't bother to signal. The problem lies conveniently between the steering wheel and the driver seat - nothing to do with any make, model or vehicle type.

Plus there is the "OMG-you-signal-your-intention-so-now-my-accelerator-foot-is-triggered-so-you-cannot-cut-in-front-of-me" mentality of most impatient drivers on the roads.

Chicken & egg problem, perhaps? Maybe.

But if you don't start to signal, why expect others to? And that's why I have audio recording enabled in my in-car camera, so it records the "tic-tic" of my signal all the time.

Maybe than debating something that's inherently subjective human behavior, why not take a gander at this topic: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2711509-headlight-problems-with-modern-cars/

When i signal yea sometimes cars speed up to cut me off but it's still safer cos it's very rare (never happened to me yet) for a line of cars to cut me off. So at most let that arse go ahead before I change lane.

Still safer then just changing without signalling.

• Praise 1

Sometimes I speed up cause the signaling car is too near and makes more sense for me to speed up instead of slow down, so he can cut behind me. I'm not speeding up to block him.

• Praise 2

Sometimes I speed up cause the signaling car is too near and makes more sense for me to speed up instead of slow down, so he can cut behind me. I'm not speeding up to block him.

The outcome of this action will depend heavily on whether:

1. The signalling driver is conscientiously checking his blind spots; and
  2. Is he feeling entitled to cut into a lane immediately just because he signaled.

Another reason why bmw driver did not signal:

A friend who owns both a Beemer & a Merc always confused the signal sticks, especially while in the Beemer. Merc signal stick is on the right while bmw one is on the left.

Usually resulted in him activating the wipers in the bmw instead. So, he sort of avoid the signal stick while driving it.

I am not disagreeing with you but one point to add. If you wanna speed up, be FAST. If you wanna slow down to let him cut, be SLOW.

The worst thing you can do it speed up so slowly that it appears you are just trying to prevent him from changing Lane or you slow down so gradually that he does not know if you are giving way to him.

One funny story. I was about to turn left at a small road near a car park (and I signalled ) when I noticed a car behind me. So I stopped and waved at him to overtake. His car did not move. So I waved again. He did not move. After a minute of frustration, he on his hazard lights and leaned out of the car to wave to me to make my turn. Turned out he was waiting for someone (but never on the hazard lights). So it seemed we spent the one minute or so just waving to each other and no one moved the car. So signalling is very important :D

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 2

A friend who owns both a Beemer & a Merc always confused the signal sticks, especially while in the Beemer. Merc signal stick is on the right while bmw one is on the left.

Usually resulted in him activating the wipers in the bmw instead. So, he sort of avoid the signal stick while driving it.

Which Merc does he have bro?

All the ones I know have the signal lever on the left leh.. the drive selector is on the right side ...

How come conti benz same side with sushi?

That’s strange

I am not disagreeing with you but one point to add. If you wanna speed up, be FAST. If you wanna slow down to let him cut, be SLOW.

The worst thing you can do it speed up so slowly that it appears you are just trying to prevent him from changing Lane or you slow down so gradually that he does not know if you are giving way to him.

One funny story. I was about to turn left at a small road near a car park (and I signalled ) when I noticed a car behind me. So I stopped and waved at him to overtake. His car did not move. So I waved again. He did not move. After a minute of frustration, he on his hazard lights and leaned out of the car to wave to me to make my turn. Turned out he was waiting for someone (but never on the hazard lights). So it seemed we spent the one minute or so just waving to each other and no one moved the car. So signalling is very important :D

I agree with you on not going too slow when moving faster forward so that he can cut behind honestly, if the other driver thinks I'm blocking him then too bad. I can't be bothered by what others think. Just do what is right.

I am someone who always signals and always give way to people except in the situation where I previously wrote, and the other ones are queue cutters.

Give way by speeding up? Hmm.. I have never learnt it this way.

Which Merc does he have bro?

All the ones I know have the signal lever on the left leh.. the drive selector is on the right side ...

yah lor, merc indicators on left too wat

Give way by speeding up? Hmm.. I have never learnt it this way.

It happens but it depends on situation. Like if you are too close to the car filtering out you don't jam brake to give way.

Maintaining your speed might not be giving way of you are in his blind spot and roughly same speed as him or just slightly faster than him and he cannot speed up cos of traffic to filter out.

BY RIGHT cars signalling to filter can both be filtering in front of a car or letting a faster car go past first and then filtering behind, again depending on traffic situation.

Edited by Philipkee

Bmw indicator only 3 blink.. so might as well don’t signal lol..

Newer models the signal will stay in position

Older ones don’t

↡ Advertisement