Why don't BMW Drivers use indicators?

therock

I've probably posted this before, but I've been driving BMWs for a while. I almost always use my signals, certainly around other vehicles. But even in situations like stopping at straight/right turning junctions so I don't hold anyone up. I've seen a lot of other cars fail to indicate properly in this situation, and it's very antisocial and inconsiderate.

A lot of cars of various makes and models are driven badly. I know it's an amusing stereotype, but if we're being honest, it's quite dumb and counterproductive to keep blaming BMW (the make or the drivers). 

And I can't stand it when "humble" BnB cars get away with crap when people target "atas" makes or models. That sort of double standard stinks of green eyed envy. It's doubtful whether BMW/Merc/Audi are even all that atas anymore, but certainly they get stereotyped that way relative to Jap/Korean makes.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I won't signal at times, not because it's  a beemer,

I was chieting road hogs that do not deserve to be respected.

Yes, I am one bad dude

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

I think it’s the anecdotal evident when benchmark against other more populous German makes like merc, audi, VW...higher chance of seeing beemers not using that stalk than the rests...

9 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I think it’s the anecdotal evident when benchmark against other more populous German makes like merc, audi, VW...higher chance of seeing beemers not using that stalk than the rests...

To be frank, I see Mercs (the non AMG ones) doing weird stuff more often. They also often don't signal, but even worse, they are much more likely to hog the fast lane than Bimmers. 

Another anecdotal observation. 😂

what to do, every small thing on a european car is optional extra. you've to pick the things that matters to you..

metallic paint $1000 check, sports rims $2000 check, windscreen wiper stalk $500 check, indicator stalk $1500 pass.

3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

To be frank, I see Mercs (the non AMG ones) doing weird stuff more often. They also often don't signal, but even worse, they are much more likely to hog the fast lane than Bimmers. 

Another anecdotal observation. 😂

Could be migrants from B to M...

“hogging“ may be due to forgetfulness of 6 vs 4 cylinders...some say no replacement for displacement😝

• Haha! 3

It's not just BMW drivers, it's like it's 75% of drivers on the road, including Audi, Merc, Land rovers and even Toyota and Honda's. Completely p*sses me off

Also people that indicate as they execute the maneveur are just as bad. Sometimes I want to shout out: "The whole point of indicators is to let people know what you're doing so accidents don't occur!". 

Maybe it's a fearfulness that if you indicate you risk telling people what their doing so they can prevent you from doing it. Because Singaporeans are Kiasu.  

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

to me, worse "signal" habits are:

1. those who want to turn right on a straight-turn right lane, but din signal... suddenly slow down in front of you

2. those who want to filter lanes on a crowded road, but refuse to signal 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Scion said:

to me, worse "signal" habits are:

1. those who want to turn right on a straight-turn right lane, but din signal... suddenly slow down in front of you

2. those who want to filter lanes on a crowded road, but refuse to signal 

totally agree on point 2, damn annoying

if the car wants to filter in front of me, he signals and i'm at reasonable speed, i sure give way. If not i ''can't read his mind''

add another:

3. signal left while turning right, blur sotong.....

6 minutes ago, Steptronic said:

Porsche drivers are the bestest. Only thing is that we show MF if ambulance tailgates us 😀

that IS an indicator wor hahaha

↡ Advertisement