YouTrip Mobile wallet

Jman888

That's what I was trying to explain. Eg. Citibank cash back card as the registered card will not yield any cash rebate nor will it contribute to the monthly $888 minimum spending for the 8% rebate.

Posb everyday card as registered card will get zero rebate as well.

But it will used up your credit limit of the registered card.

Hope it answers your question

Very clear. Thanks. Was thinking to apply for Premier Miles Citi. Now not needed liao I guess.
↡ Advertisement

Yeah as far as i know all the different banks have explicitly excluded youtrip from credit card rewards.... otherwise too easy for people to squeeze out rewards...

Hi, I would like to ask fellow members whether anyone has use the youtrip card in China. Is it as easy as using a alipay card?

Can I use the card for payment at kfc or McDonald’s or seven eleven? If the card is useful, then I don’t have to change to Yuen 

dollars. Appreciate any feedback.

27 minutes ago, Alau3978 said:

Hi, I would like to ask fellow members whether anyone has use the youtrip card in China. Is it as easy as using a alipay card?

Can I use the card for payment at kfc or McDonald’s or seven eleven? If the card is useful, then I don’t have to change to Yuen 

i used in shanghai/hangzhou in dec 2018 and in fact shared my experience several pages back in this same thread

before that i also used in nov 18 and oct 18 and it was perfectly fine.  but the trip in dec 2018, there was system outage of sorts on the 2nd or 3rd day of the trip onwards and i couldn't use the card.......i feedback to youtrip and initially they tried to play it down as problem with the merchant's terminal......but it was not just failure at one merchant but many merchants.  i further cited my wife witnessed all those occasions of the payment failure.  they have to eat the humble pie.

but kudos to them, no outage experienced since dec 2018.

but i do advise all users to double check the transactions clocked.  there were 2 instances of double-charge by youtrip for which i had to highlight to them and then they reversed it only 1 week after i raised the case up to them.

Edited by Acemundo

49 minutes ago, Alau3978 said:

always bring more CNY cash as a foreigner in China.

foreign credit cards(youtrip card included) and atm cards often not accepted there and you need to visit the bank during banking hours to exchange foreign currency in CNY

very scary to get caught out without $$ and have no other means to pay when you are there

😬

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Enye said:

always bring more CNY cash as a foreigner in China.

foreign credit cards(youtrip card included) and atm cards often not accepted there and you need to visit the bank during banking hours to exchange foreign currency in CNY

very scary to get caught out without $$ and have no other means to pay when you are there

😬

No need la. Can withdraw $$$ from the ATM with youtrip or your credit card.

19 minutes ago, Kusje said:

No need la. Can withdraw $$$ from the ATM with youtrip or your credit card.

how dare you question your shifu? he goes china more than you go Sentosa ok.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Pls advise if I should change the money to foreign currency before leaving Sgp or just let it be? TIA

Change loose only

rrst and major bulk use youtrip

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Alau3978 said:

Just back from trip to Harbin. Used Youtrip which is a life saver but it can only do so much.

- Depends on which part of China, other than the 1st tier cities like Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou etc, Mastercard/Visa acceptance is very low. At most you have hotels accepting master/Visa.

- Harbin is a nightmare if you just intend to use visa/mastercard. Except for my 5 star hotel, the whole of Harbin (including the Airport) do not accept Visa/Master..Please go apply for UnionPay if you have time to do so.

- I did not change and bring much RMB in hope to use credit card for most large item spendings and meals. How wrong I was. Restaurants and shops that accept credit card only accept UnionPay.

- End up I had to top up my Youtrip account with SGD via my default mastercard  and then withdraw RMB from China bank ATM that has the cirrus logo. Have to pay SGD5 fee for each transaction. Max amount is RMB3000 each transaction. So do your sums.

- McDonalds there in Harbin only accept their alipay/wechat/unionpay.....no master (which Youtrip is based upon).

hope this will help you somewhat.

• Praise 4

18 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Pls advise if I should change the money to foreign currency before leaving Sgp or just let it be? TIA

if you are asking if you should do the conversion from SGD to the foreign currency of your destination, only do so if you are expecting huge swings in the rate in the next few days. Note you can only do this for the designated handful of currencies. For my case, RMB is not in that basket of currency, so just use spot rate as an when I want to use it. The app will auto convert for you.

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

if you are asking if you should do the conversion from SGD to the foreign currency of your destination, only do so if you are expecting huge swings in the rate in the next few days. Note you can only do this for the designated handful of currencies. For my case, RMB is not in that basket of currency, so just use spot rate as an when I want to use it. The app will auto convert for you.

Thanks for your advice.

So will Let it be ... 

• Praise 3

52 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Is the pin number for cash withdrawal the same number as the one you use to login to the handphone Youtrip apps? 

59 minutes ago, Ender said:

Is the pin number for cash withdrawal the same number as the one you use to login to the handphone Youtrip apps? 

Yes, you can change the pin in the youtrip app also. 

If want to be absolutely sure, try it out at local atms first before leaving for the trip. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Vratenza said:

Yes, you can change the pin in the youtrip app also. 

If want to be absolutely sure, try it out at local atms first before leaving for the trip. 

Thanks for the info. 

Hi, just for your info from Taipei, Taiwan. Some of the restaurants and shops don’t accept credit card. eg, Din Tai Fung and Sin MA hotpot restaurants  don’t accept credit card . Luckily, I have enough dollars with me. Talk to the manager and his reply was ‘I am following orders’.  Was surprised that a 5 star restaurant only accepts cash. Some cookies souvenirs shop also stop accepting credit card. Lan lan got to withdraw cash from atm machine.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2